Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn help

Posted By: karaider00

Rayburn help - 12/11/17 01:07 AM

Went to Rayburn for the first time today and got my butt kicked. Stayed below the bridge the whole day went shallow and deep. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 01:47 AM

Did you throw Crawfish everything?
- Rattle trap - Cranks - Jigs .. All in bright orange/red/chart .
Did you fish any grass?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 01:55 AM

Yep, i wouldnt expect much info. That is kind of a black hole when it comes to info. Water temp, grass, anything. It's like it really doesn't exist. There was a guy who started posting stuff but has gone quiet. I suspect the mafia down there stepped in.
Posted By: bigfish76

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 02:03 AM

I was just out there last weekend. I had really good luck up to 5.5 pounds several in the 3-4 pound range on Rattle traps and spooks. I was throwing on any point with wind grass or not. Don’t try to speed up the season and fish winter tactics yet. Those fish are in feeding and chasing mode. Don’t slow down too much. I had to throw bigger traps and burn them to keeps the smaller fish away. If you want numbers 3/8 and 1/2 oz silver traps will get you that.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 02:47 AM

Looking at the toys for tots tourney they are definitely eating. I haven't been able to get up there lately with work but the trap bite should be ok. The offshore bite should be getting pretty good. Don't get down though, everybody sees tourney results and thinks you can just go catch them everywhere and that's not the case. Right now I would look for deep drains or ditches that have grass in them preferably on the edge of a big flat like the Amber forest, black forest, places in veach. Caney had a lot of fish all year in the grass but the main lake flats can hold a few schools this time of year. Don't just idle the obvious stuff, everybody does that and the fish move off that stuff. If you find a brush pile, fish it with a 10" worm or a jig really slow
Posted By: gut hooked

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 03:27 AM

On the real skipper, your advice is well put and anyone new to the lake should pay attention to it......
Posted By: saibling

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 01:46 PM

Fished Saturday and Sunday. water temps between 51.3 - 58.5 fished a lot of areas however fished seemed stacked off main lake points and creek channels. best baits bomber A fat free shad, Old monster Texas Rigged, Jerk bait, and Senko. We fished mostly main lake did check out a three creeks with one holding fish water 51.3 degrees.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
Yep, i wouldnt expect much info. That is kind of a black hole when it comes to info. Water temp, grass, anything. It's like it really doesn't exist. There was a guy who started posting stuff but has gone quiet. I suspect the mafia down there stepped in.

the last thing anyone heard from "that guy" was him squealing like a pig shocked
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

the last thing anyone heard from "that guy" was him squealing like a pig shocked
roflmao
Posted By: karaider00

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 08:02 PM

Thanks for help guys had a better day today. Everything we caught was deep. Didn't catch a single fish in grass.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

roflmao

With Banjo's Playing! roflmao
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 10:39 PM

I tried to ask a few guys on stage this weekend what they caught 'em on....all I got was a glaring, blank stare. I swear, I think I heard that banjo music you speak of also. It was tense moment until I realized the black hole doesn't speak, so don't ask.
roflmao
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 10:49 PM

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Rayburn help - 12/11/17 11:18 PM

If you'd have ask me I'd have told you everything I know, just how I roll.

Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Rayburn help - 12/12/17 03:45 AM

December-march. "Caught em on a trap"

Might have to fizz him twice, but he came on a trap.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Rayburn help - 12/12/17 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

That's no lie. Lol
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Rayburn help - 12/12/17 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Shameful behavior down there.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Rayburn help - 12/12/17 05:34 PM

Funny there are always 5-6 patterns on Rayburn but never once have I seen a big event won with what guys on here are catching them on. Welcome to Rayburn...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum