Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/08/17 03:43 PM

Do you throw Gandy lures? - Catch fish?
The cost and they are so good looking don't want to scratch them
yea I know what the salesman says they want to sale them
Any stories ?
Thanks for any replies
Posted By: Bobs21X

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/08/17 04:14 PM

I Have some that are my absolute favorites. Teeth marks add character to a bait, IMO.....

They are the real deal. I do agree however, they do look good on display as well! LOL

They catch fish, and that is their primary purpose. Cast away, and good luck! Good stuff ain't cheap.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/08/17 05:10 PM

I've got at least 50 of them and yes, I throw them and they flat catch fish! Get Eric to paint some of YOUR favorite lures. I've got a bunch of One Knockers he did for me in his version of red and orange crawfish, tilapia and threadfin shad. Bunch of Lucky Craft cranks in that same threadfin and they will outfish the exact same lures in the manufacturer's colors.

How many lure makers/painters do you know who have had Strike King knock off their bluegill pattern? Eric has.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/09/17 12:46 AM

I had never heard of them until today, so i went and checked them out. I sure that like Prop Bait, and cheaper than the other hand made prop bait on the market.

Fouzman,

How do you like his prop bait?
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/09/17 01:39 AM

Eric makes great baits. You can't hesitate throwing them. We have a lure retriever that has a cork screw on the end of a telescoping pole. It has paid for its self a 1,000 time over. Haven't had as much luck with the lure knockers. With one of these in the boat I don't mind throwing them into anything.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/09/17 04:42 AM

Go big or stay home.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/09/17 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Stickchunker
I had never heard of them until today, so i went and checked them out. I sure that like Prop Bait, and cheaper than the other hand made prop bait on the market.

Fouzman,

How do you like his prop bait?

Getcha one or five. The bluegill is killer around spawning flats and all thru the summer and fall.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/09/17 01:30 PM

I hate to say it but bought a few from southwest parts and they never run right for me. I think the baits look amazing thought!
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/09/17 06:07 PM

Did you try tuning them fish
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/10/17 03:15 PM

Hard baits are great!

I still have some of the spinnerbaits he did for me years ago and they still get it done
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/11/17 12:17 AM

yep, I throw them, lose them and then re-order. I have a few left plus a bunch of repainted cranks.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/11/17 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Ol'geezer
Do you throw Gandy lures? - Catch fish?
The cost and they are so good looking don't want to scratch them
yea I know what the salesman says they want to sale them
Any stories ?
Thanks for any replies

Hey Ol geezer,

Think of it this way. You spend a ton of money on your boat, your tow vehicle, your rod &
reel, etc. Why skimp or worry about the very thing you tie on to catch the very thing you are trying to catch?

If a $30 lure helps you catch more fish and provides you with an enjoyable moment or two, why worry about it? Just my opinion but I think you are overthinking it.
Posted By: Ol'geezer

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/11/17 01:38 PM

I had bought 1 and the first time out throwing it. hooked a trot line deep enough I couldn't stick rod low enough to unhook. 20 lb. flouro pulled up trying to reach it and line broke. that's why I'm gun shy, just bought 2 more maybe 50 lb. braid
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/11/17 02:08 PM

Eric is an awesome painter, innovative bait designer, and pretty much, all around good guy... I have DD22's he painted in a bar fish pattern that is killer on Fork, also have some of the blue gill pattern Square bills that are so purdeee, I almost won't use them as to possibly lose one, but, as mentioned above, they will flat out fish a like baits. 2cents
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/12/17 04:16 AM

Love them and catch fish on them. He has a new bait called the drop up that I've enjoyed having. Can't wait for spring time to toss it around.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/12/17 04:21 AM

If they cost to much to use em....don't buy em. If you buy em....throw em. It's just a fish bait.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/12/17 11:09 AM

Buy a couple of $100-$200 swimbaits, then you'll view Gandy lures as a bargain! roflmao
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/12/17 10:26 PM

I have been interested in the "Drop Up" since they posted the video on there months ago. I havent pulled the trigger because I wasnt sure how it would work in the areas I fish. Can anyone speaks to how it casts, or if it is really more a flipping distance lure? And does it come through wood? Would need to have a spare 100 pack of weights for it? Thanks,
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: Scared to throw - Gandy lures - 12/13/17 01:10 AM

Who is Eric that paints lures
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum