Posted By: EDO

Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 03:31 AM

Curious to know if there was any fog?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 04:13 AM

I had a friend go today and no fog
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 05:47 AM

Watching this. My first time to fish it is Sunday.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 11:50 AM

Any ramp issues?....
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 12:02 PM

No
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Any ramp issues?....

I bet some guys on here could have picked out something to bitch about
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 02:08 PM

From what I heard a guy left his headlights on while launching his buddy in his boat and another launched his boat solo, beached and then went to take a pea with truck running and headlights on........ chaos ensued

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 02:14 PM

I had heard the fish left and went to Granbuury. No issues as of yesterday
Posted By: 361V

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 02:26 PM

The question was if anyone fished Squaw Thursday. Yes I did and it was cold, cloudy and ridiculously windy. Zero fog. Not a bad day fishing either!
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
From what I heard a guy left his headlights on while launching his buddy in his boat and another launched his boat solo, beached and then went to take a pea with truck running and headlights on........ chaos ensued

Nailed it
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 05:09 PM

Does chaos cover whiiiiniiing too?

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
The question was if anyone fished Squaw Thursday. Yes I did and it was cold, cloudy and ridiculously windy. Zero fog. Not a bad day fishing either!

that's what my friend said.. Cold but the fish were biting.. He said he did not catch any size but fun

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 05:22 PM

Who whines about Squaw? It’s pretty simple. Leave your head-lights off. This was one of the first things the guys who taught me to fish said when I got my first boat several years ago. If you are solo, get your boat ready prior and either ask for help launching or dump it and get a ride. It’s simple. No chit-chat, it’s time to fish not socialize. Do that afterward while you sip your Zima in the parking lot. And if you need to P, do that while in line or after you beach..... or wait until you are on the water. It’s basics and common sense. Let’s not make this to hard. Don’t overthink it. thumb

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V

I bet it was very very cold yesterday. Wow ..... kudos to you sir.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 05:44 PM

I have tried the dumping thing in the past never again! Went to park came back and the guy who said he would give me a ride was now in too big of a hurry I guess he was heading out past the buoy's. I had to ask 4 other boats before any help. All acted like it was a bother. So now I will just do it myself thank you very much.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishingking
I have tried the dumping thing in the past never again! Went to park came back and the guy who said he would give me a ride was now in too big of a hurry I guess he was heading out past the buoy's. I had to ask 4 other boats before any help. All acted like it was a bother. So now I will just do it myself thank you very much.

You don't ask, you jump on the front deck and point at your boat. Works every time.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 10:32 PM

Lol
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 10:48 PM

I fished yesterday. Wind was brutal. No fog and it started snowing a bit around 11:00
Fishing was pretty good.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 11:24 PM

Why aren't those big fish showing up yet? Who cares about the ramp issues. I may just tippy toe nekkid from the top of every ramp my next trip with headlights a' beamin....ain't nuttin' like a free show!
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/08/17 11:58 PM

What big fish,heard of 5 and 6 lbers before fish

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
What big fish,heard of 5 and 6 lbers before fish

Those are the ones......

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

You don't ask, you jump on the front deck and point at your boat. Works every time.

roflmao
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 01:08 AM

I was the 4th boat to launch and they made us hang around for like 10 minutes then blew the whistle

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 01:34 AM

We fished, all went well at ramp but the potlicking is pitiful. Lurkers everywhere. Scavenging for scraps. Shameful
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 01:38 AM

I tried to follow you but saw multiple black rangers.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Chasin Hogs
I tried to follow you but saw multiple black rangers.

Shhhhhh
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 02:15 AM

No it don't, jump in my boat and see what you get..

You people take this way too serious.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 02:22 AM

popcorn
Posted By: jerkinlips

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 02:23 AM

I’ll be damned if I just dump my boat then go park. My truck will set there on that ramp until I’m beached and get out to park it. Anyone that has a problem with that can make my boat payment and I’ll think about doing what you think is right.....no promises though.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 02:49 AM

Try to keep in mind there are Squaw Pirates. They don’t dress much different than yourself.

They try to expidite the unloading process for your benefit.

I’m sure you have seen Pirates of the Caribbean, or Goonies so you can tell the difference.

Eyepatches are usually seen as frightening or repulsive.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Longeye

No it don't, jump in my boat and see what you get..

You people take this way too serious.

Lol ...
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 04:40 AM

I know guys that if you jump on their boats you would be taking a swim. bannana2
Posted By: buda13

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 02:54 PM

We fished, all went well at ramp but the potlicking is pitiful. Lurkers everywhere. Scavenging for scraps. Shameful

what do you expect to happen on a 3000 acre lake with $20k in tournament winnings up for grabs over the next 2.5 months. It keeps getting worse every year and folks continue to put more and more tournaments on the lake. I wish they'd quit allowing tournaments, other than big charity events the park closes to the public for.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 03:03 PM

I'm thinking about going down and practicing my loading and unloading.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 03:06 PM

roflmao popcorn

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

what do you expect to happen on a 3000 acre lake with $20k in tournament winnings up for grabs over the next 2.5 months. It keeps getting worse every year and folks continue to put more and more tournaments on the lake. I wish they'd quit allowing tournaments, other than big charity events the park closes to the public for.

I just expect a 400 yard circle around my boat, I expect people not to graph and fish the stuff I fish when I'm not there, in fact I prefer they look away and not make eye contact. I don't see what the big deal is.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 03:22 PM

Sounds reasonable to me roflmao

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/09/17 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Team Skeeterless
Sounds reasonable to me roflmao
Posted By: mad mike

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/10/17 11:45 PM

Jump in my boat and you better have a life jacket on or know how to swim. I launch alone most of the time and I tie it up, park the truck and go. I won't let anyone drive my truck. As for tournaments, I couldn't care less. I've been fishing Squaw for a lot of years and the fish are everywhere if you know how to catch them. Most tournament anglers are good fisherman and know how to keep distance (not 400 yards) but there are always a few who are total morons. I won a lot of money on Squaw in the 90s but gave it up because of all the idiots.
Posted By: chas1

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 02:04 AM

Agree!
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 02:17 AM

Okay, I've yet to figure out this comment I've seen on every Squaw Creek post.. I've never been there, so I don't get it.. Enlighten me?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429

Okay, I've yet to figure out this comment I've seen on every Squaw Creek post.. I've never been there, so I don't get it.. Enlighten me?

It is a made up worst-case scenario that is used as an inside joke for the Squaw regulars (I am not one).

The history of it is pretty extensive, but there is a method to the madness. The park opens and closes at specific times. People want to get on the water quickly, and there are usually 100-150 boats lined up for a 4 lane ramp!

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 03:18 AM

And in order to launch more quickly, when solo, it is recommended that you dump your boat in and go park and ask for a ride to your boat. This allows much faster unloading at Squaw where time is of the essence. It's not hard and works quite well.
Posted By: EDO

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 03:40 AM

lots of dead horses taking beatings above.
was inquiring about fog delay.
Thanks Coach....

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 04:32 PM

And in order to launch more quickly, when solo, it is recommended that you dump your boat in and go park and ask for a ride to your boat. This allows much faster unloading at Squaw where time is of the essence. It's not hard and works quite well.

Sooo.... Whats the deal about the headlights?

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dk2429

Sooo.... Whats the deal about the headlights?

On a multiple lane ramp with guys trying to put in next to you it completely blinds them and they can't see to back up. Just a courteous thing to do. I hope most of you realize that most of this is Just some amusing commentary and that for the most part there are no issues out there. Neat place to fish and pretty much a good bunch. There are occasional issues cause 125 to 150 boats in close quarters can get touchy at times. But no more than fork for example. The fog delays can happen especially when it's real cold and a little humidity. If you havent fished it you should. Its fishing ok for numbers right now. Average is down some but clearly there are a few big ones swimming around as a couple guys showed this weekend.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/11/17 04:57 PM

It's amazing as to how much joy anglers can take away from the sport...

I can promise you I am not dumping my boat and parking, worked too hard for that monthly payment.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 10:37 AM

Fishing is supposed to be relaxing, not a panic to launch and get to spot first. Tournaments were supposed to be fun but many have made them into a make believe Bassmasters completion.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: mad mike
Fishing is supposed to be relaxing, not a panic to launch and get to spot first. Tournaments were supposed to be fun but many have made them into a make believe Bassmasters completion.

Tournaments are fun, as to the launching deal there is a way to do it correctly. It involves not blinding others with your headlights, it involves getting your boat ready somewhere other than the ramp while people who did get their boat ready correctly are waiting behind you. It's not about being in a rush, it's about being considerate to other people. The guy being a jerk isn't the one complaining it's the one who thinks inconvienencing everybody else is ok.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 04:18 PM

I just expect a 400 yard circle around my boat, I expect people not to graph and fish the stuff I fish when I'm not there, in fact I prefer they look away and not make eye contact. I don't see what the big deal is.
but there are so many "secret" spots out there even though it is only 3,000 acres.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
Try to keep in mind there are Squaw Pirates. They don’t dress much different than yourself.

They try to expidite the unloading process for your benefit.

I’m sure you have seen Pirates of the Caribbean, or Goonies so you can tell the difference.

Eyepatches are usually seen as frightening or repulsive.

I believe this is the guy you are referring to. I think he drives a black Ranger and goes by WAWI.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 04:45 PM

If that's WAWI, I'm steering clear and may quit going to Squaw altogether.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 04:46 PM

Definitely needs to lay off the tilapia he eats from there.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 07:24 PM

Ok- Here's what happened at Squaw Creek in 1999. The Sat. and Sun. tournaments took up over 125 boats. They allowed 200 on the lake then. They lined up on Coates road starting @ around midnight. No reservations required, first come, first serve.$25.00 for a yearly pass. By 5:00 AM there were at least 150 boats in line and it went right out to 144. They walked up and down the lines soliciting for entries in team tournaments. They blocked the driveways of the people who lived on Coates Rd. and by the time all the boats were in there was trash all down the road. The residents complained about loud music, loud talking, being blocked in, trash ect.I live 4 miles away and saw it live. Because of this they dis-allowed tournaments unless they were for charity. No more yearly pass now $5.00 a launch Tournaments were done and the average guy who knows he's not Kevin Van Damm could now actually fish a half [censored] peaceful lake without people pressuring him to save 45 seconds at the launch. I don't care what kind of tournament takes place now. I launch the way I always did. Patience, I learned it in combat by it's a lost art now.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 08:01 PM

So expecting a person to get their stuff ready before pulling up to the ramp is asking too much of you.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/12/17 08:18 PM

So expecting a person to get their stuff ready before pulling up to the ramp is asking too much of you.

thats the one thing I try to do first. Have everything unstrapped and ready to launch except the front strap. I dont get sitting in line for over and hour before they let us in and then deciding to do it at the boat ramp. but thats just my opinion.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/13/17 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225

thats the one thing I try to do first. Have everything unstrapped and ready to launch except the front strap. I dont get sitting in line for over and hour before they let us in and then deciding to do it at the boat ramp. but thats just my opinion.

It’s your opinion and it’s absolutely spot on. It’s idiotic to sit in your truck and not Prep your boat prior to getting your turn to launch. Take your straps off, put your plug in, take your transom saver off etc. whatever you need to do ... do it prior to getting to the ramp and do it with your headlights off when it’s time to launch or your close to the ramp. It’s basics of launching. thumb
Posted By: chas1

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/13/17 02:02 AM

I never have a problem launching the boat there, because I show up around nine to 9:30 , all is clear .

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/13/17 10:42 AM

I always have my boat ready, I just don't rush. Besides, now I'm like chas 1, I get there @ 8:00 when the ramps are empty.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/14/17 04:31 AM

Looks like I'm missing out on a bad [censored] lake if it takes a hour to get a boat in the water up there.. I'll have to go check it out...... Watch the entertainment laugh

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/14/17 07:15 PM

Have fun and meet at least 20 Kevin Van Damms out there.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/14/17 08:43 PM

I think it is closer to 40-50 by now, they're all learning real fast from the Squaw creek Mafia that their way is the right way and the only way. bow_down
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/14/17 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225

It’s your opinion and it’s absolutely spot on. It’s idiotic to sit in your truck and not Prep your boat prior to getting your turn to launch. Take your straps off, put your plug in, take your transom saver off etc. whatever you need to do ... do it prior to getting to the ramp and do it with your headlights off when it’s time to launch or your close to the ramp. It’s basics of launching. thumb
I undo the front strap. Not like you're going 60 from the gate to the ramp. Have never had a problem. But I do NOT take off the transom saver until I am on deck for an open ramp. Takes 5 seconds to take off, throw in back of truck and go. Gives peace of mind that a heavy engine isnt just bouncing around shaking back and forth.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/17/17 03:27 PM

I was there last Friday and the staff have it pretty organized at the ramp so it doesn't get out of control. Hopped into to my buddies truck and couldn't get the headlights to switch off because of the auto feature. He had the front end already unhooked and got in a hurry myself and almost slid his boat off the trailer on the ramp. Yikes! Something about being at the ramp at dawn and wanting to get on the lake gets me really impatient. If it was 30-45 minutes later there would probably be no rush.

Fishing was good and the lake was not crowded but could not find the big fish.
70 degree water in December I'll take any day.

Re: Anyone fish Squaw this morning? - 12/17/17 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1

I think it is closer to 40-50 by now, they're all learning real fast from the Squaw creek Mafia that their way is the right way and the only way. bow_down

Who is this mafia you speak of lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum