Texas Fishing Forum

Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits

Posted By: T Bird

Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits - 12/06/17 09:19 PM

For the Ned Rig affectionados. Do you feel you catch as many fish using another Mfg.'s stick bait vs. the TRD?
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits - 12/06/17 09:52 PM

I hated those TRDs, and they melted other plastics, I was using the ends of Grande Bass rattlesnakes with a lot of success.

I caught mostly small fish with them, but think I can improve on that now that I have confidence. Quit fishing it about June.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits - 12/07/17 01:17 AM

I wouldn’t even bother trying a different stick other than the TRD. When you’re using a 1/16 weight or something small like that the ned shines because the TRD is buoyant while any other similiar style bait is not and the ned head subsequently falls over and lays down. Nothing attractive about that. TRD has done me well. Lasts forever too. Can’t beat it.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits - 12/07/17 01:21 PM

You can't put any ZMan plastics with other plastics. It says it on the package but I found out the same way you did.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits - 12/07/17 06:53 PM

I have much more success slowly swimming the Ned than bottom hopping, which I am sure has it's time/place. So my go to is the Zoom Trick worm. Get a pack of 20 for $4 or less, cut them in half & you have 40 baits. If you get the ones labeled "Original Trick Worm", they do not have salt & will float also.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Ned Rig TRD vs. other stick baits - 12/07/17 07:08 PM

I caught them a time or two also burning it back in for another cast, they chased it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum