Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette

Posted By: Gamblinman

Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/03/17 11:47 PM

Folks, please use a little common courtesy when using the courtesy dock at boat ramps.

This morning on Lake Fork,at the 154 ramp, the owner of a White and black Skeeter launched his boat very early, tied it to the courtesy dock, then walked back and talked to people in the parking lot for 30 minutes. Needless to say, it was a cluster trying to launch boats and get partners loaded, or those like me by themselves, having to wait till an opening comes available to tie the boat off and park my truck/trailer.

Use the docks for their purpose..to access and egress boats expeditiously.

Rant over...fish on.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/03/17 11:58 PM

Gotta love it.

Man, I could go on and on about this kinda stuff. It never ceases to amaze me.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:03 AM

Wow. Nobody ripped that guy?
Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:06 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate/oblivious people can be. At least they didnt take up both lanes of a 2 lane boat ramp, put all their gear back in the truck with the boat on the trailer in the water, then lean over the bed, crack a beer and start talking to each other while your buddy has the truck ready to back down and you’re circling in front of the ramp in the boat mad

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: GriddleGrizzly
It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate/oblivious people can be. At least they didnt take up both lanes of a 2 lane boat ramp, put all their gear back in the truck with the boat on the trailer in the water, then lean over the bed, crack a beer and start talking to each other while your buddy has the truck ready to back down and you’re circling in front of the ramp in the boat mad

You sir have more patience than I.
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:11 AM

This morning had a DBag at sqauw creek leave his bright lights on the entire time while waiting in line.... People are stupid

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish

It was politely mentioned to him. He obviously ignored it since it was still there 30 minutes later.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:17 AM

I launched there once, tied up to the dock and a guy comes by on plane in the no wake zone and proceeds to bash my boat up against the dock doing damage! I use a different ramp after that fiasco!
Posted By: Frank I

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:29 AM

Ain't no cure for stupid

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:33 AM

I had almost the exact thing happen last weekend at Joe Pool.....only it was two newbies with tin boats on a 3 lane ramp, taking up all three lanes...talking about how awesome their floating beer cans are and wiping them down, waiting for every last drop of water to run out the drain plug, then obviously discussing the proper technique for transom straps and the proper way to install the transom "saver" on their 40hp and 60hp motors.

Yeh.....I was the guy honking the horn in the white Skeeter with red seats telling you both what a bunch of a-holes you were and that your boats were Way more "awesome" in the parking lot than on the ramp. My partner was the guy that offered to help clean your boats after you got the hell OFF THE RAMP.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I had almost the exact thing happen last weekend at Joe Pool.....only it was two newbies with tin boats on a 3 lane ramp, taking up all three lanes...talking about how awesome their floating beer cans are and wiping them down, waiting for every last drop of water to run out the drain plug, then obviously discussing the proper technique for transom straps and the proper way to install the transom "saver" on their 40hp and 60hp motors.

Yeh.....I was the guy honking the horn in the white Skeeter with red seats telling you both what a bunch of a-holes you were and that your boats were Way more "awesome" in the parking lot than on the ramp. My partner was the guy that offered to help clean your boats after you got the hell OFF THE RAMP.

STeez!!! roflmao it's gonna be awesome run into you one day thumb

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:51 AM

Steez- this was on Joe Pool as well over at Lynn Creek, and since its my home lake, I get my fill. Every other trip i see the idiocy at the state park out there. Last time it was two guys with pontoon boats on the trailers in the water having a picnic or something taking up a third of the lanes for no reason. Had someone try to go in the wrong way at the north ramp and cut me off from launching after i waited my turn. When they only had the south ramp at the state park open, everyone decided to unstrap AFTER they pulled into the single lane going to the ramp. I like the lake a lot but you gotta put up with a lot of bs out there for sure.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:00 AM

Gamblinman,

I may be the guilty party that you are talking about, I did launch by myself, was waiting on another person, talking to a buddy in the parking lot. There was 2 more sides to pull up on at that dock, also another dock on the other side of the ramp. That leaves at least 3 more tie up spaces. Looked like plenty of room to me. Sorry if I got your favorite parking spot, but I was there 1st.
There was around 6 people that put in before I left the dock, not what I call busy...

I'll be there next weekend to, caught around 40 today up to 7lbs. Mostly on spoons & D.S.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:12 AM

Yeh....Joe Pool is the worst lake for this kind of stuff.....by far, of any lake I ever go to.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

STeez!!! roflmao it's gonna be awesome run into you one day thumb

Yep....I bet we could get some fun started pretty quick. roflmao

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Rube G.
Gamblinman,

I may be the guilty party that you are talking about, I did launch by myself, was waiting on another person, talking to a buddy in the parking lot. There was 2 more sides to pull up on at that dock, also another dock on the other side of the ramp. That leaves at least 3 more tie up spaces. Looked like plenty of room to me. Sorry if I got your favorite parking spot, but I was there 1st.
There was around 6 people that put in before I left the dock, not what I call busy...

I'll be there next weekend to, caught around 40 today up to 7lbs. Mostly on spoons & D.S.

Your motor was sticking past the end of the dock, so that eliminated one space, and a Bass Tracker was tied on the other side. When I unloaded, there was already a Ranger at the other dock picking up his partner, so I had to set and wait with my truck and trailer on the ramp.

Its not whether its busy or not, its just common courtesy, and using the dock at it was intended. Glad you had a great day of fishing.

Fish on.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Rube G.
Gamblinman,

way to hammer on em. I’d love to catch 40, can’t find them bunches up though.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:09 AM

Just tie to his boat and do your thing.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:52 AM

I see your lake fork and raise you a squaw creek. Shameful behavior
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 12:33 PM

Squaw Creek is definitely something else. I think that all the BS is amplified there though because the ramp area is a tight quarters situation. I always swear I won't go back but I end up there every winter...
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:06 PM

I had almost the exact thing happen last weekend at Joe Pool.....only it was two newbies with tin boats on a 3 lane ramp, taking up all three lanes...talking about how awesome their floating beer cans are and wiping them down, waiting for every last drop of water to run out the drain plug, then obviously discussing the proper technique for transom straps and the proper way to install the transom "saver" on their 40hp and 60hp

motors.

I think I've run into them yahoos at JP also. They weren't moving for nobody
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: JMac-D
This morning had a DBag at sqauw creek leave his bright lights on the entire time while waiting in line.... People are stupid

Actually this is standard procedure at squaw. You are required to leave your lights on while launching ....
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
Folks, please use a little common courtesy when using the courtesy dock at boat ramps.

This morning on Lake Fork,at the 154 ramp, the owner of a White and black Skeeter launched his boat very early, tied it to the courtesy dock, then walked back and talked to people in the parking lot for 30 minutes. Needless to say, it was a cluster trying to launch boats and get partners loaded, or those like me by themselves, having to wait till an opening comes available to tie the boat off and park my truck/trailer.

Use the docks for their purpose..to access and egress boats expeditiously.

Rant over...fish on.

I have tied my boat to one just like this and stepped over into & thru his boat to get to the dock. The guy just looked at me like I was crazy. I looked back at him with crossed eyes with my head cocked a little sideways.

"If they think you are a little crazy it they won't mess with you" taz
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:41 PM

I have noticed Common courtesy and common sense have both gone out the window along time ago. It’s just not at the boat ramps it’s everywhere.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 01:45 PM

On the other hand, Launching at Squaw by myself is a little slower than most other fishermen care to wait for. I used to get yelled at to let my boat drift off of the trailer and someone would pick me up and drive me to my boat. That's not going to happen. My boat is only two years old, and its just a bad habit to get into. Something can go wrong by doing that, so I'll continue to get yelled at. I'm peddling as fast as I can.

It would remedy the situation if the powers to be would simply cover all of that rock shore with sand. It would be easier to just beach your boat and get off the launch. Don't know if its doable but worth a try.

Good luck
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:04 PM

Rube,
It's a public dock. Don't be part of the problem with loading and unloading. Get back in your boat and pull out of the way while you wait on your person. I'm convinced that if you have to be told these things they will never sink in anyway. Take care and be considerate as your Grand parents would want you to be.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:08 PM

I always love these threads so much
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:15 PM

When I'm by myself I get to the lake a little late so as not to interfere with folks trying to get on the water early. I agree with the poster who suggested having sand beaches around public launches. It's a lot faster if you can beach your boat instead of tying off to a courtesy dock. I can't think of any launch ramps at Ray Hubbard, Lavon or Lewisville (all high traffic lakes) that have a sand beach next to the ramp. Same thing at Fork. There are pay ramps that do but no free ones. Rainswood has neither. Fortunately for me I don't fish on the weekends and usually week days are not that crowded.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:33 PM

Common sense and courtesy is gone. Wait until these young kids start getting boats , all courtesy will be thrown out the window mark my words.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
When I'm by myself I get to the lake a little late so as not to interfere with folks trying to get on the water early. I agree with the poster who suggested having sand beaches around public launches. It's a lot faster if you can beach your boat instead of tying off to a courtesy dock. I can't think of any launch ramps at Ray Hubbard, Lavon or Lewisville (all high traffic lakes) that have a sand beach next to the ramp. Same thing at Fork. There are pay ramps that do but no free ones. Rainswood has neither. Fortunately for me I don't fish on the weekends and usually week days are not that crowded.

That would be great. Unfortunately all the public ramps on Fork are pretty exposed and sand wouldn't last long at all.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:44 PM

Lake Waco has the same problem. There is one guy that has a sky boat that thinks it ok to back down the ramp then start to unstrap, load all the tubs and ice chest. I know not only me but so other asked him to do that before he back in and he just said F Y I do what I want.

When I back down I always use my parking light so I do not blind others. I saw where it was said you must leave your lights on at Squaw Creek, will parking light count, I planning on going there in Jan.?
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:46 PM

That would be great. Unfortunately all the public ramps on Fork are pretty exposed and sand wouldn't last long at all.

I am guessing the wind is to much for sand on Fork. I do not think these things will fix the problem of people being rude. That will only be fixed by people turning the lights down and people getting in and out as fast as possible. Their will always be someone who does not think of others first, nearly all the ramps at fork have limited space.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 02:58 PM

If more sand isn't the answer, then increase the dock space at Squaw or at any of these lakes mentioned. I don't want to run my boat up on those rocks to launch, I guess I'm anal about that, but you can sure screw up a good boat by doing that.
For $30 entry, a little dock improvement is not asking too much..
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: harvey walker
I saw where it was said you must leave your lights on at Squaw Creek, will parking light count, I planning on going there in Jan.?

Someone was making a joke... If you do leave your parking lights on, make sure your fog lights are off.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 03:37 PM

Fork is getting a little low. If you launch at Rainswood you need to ease up to the right (facing ramp from water) or FAR left of ramp. They put rocks to the left side when the lake was low a few years ago and you'll tear your boat up.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 03:46 PM

Guess I'm going to have to disagree a little bit. Lake Fork Marina has places to beach your boat as does Mustang Resort however smaller than LFM. Just about all the tournament sites BASS uses has places to beach their boats. I've fished tournaments at Toledo Bend that had boat beaches. The 154 ramp is mostly protected from our predominately south wind as is 515 west. Lake levels and erosion are a bigger problem but that doesn't prevent the higher populated ramps like Squaw Creek and Fork from putting in more courtesy docks. Lots of anglers fish alone and I would say most are considerate about timing their use of public ramps but just like the aholes who drive on 635 there are some who aren't. I have helped some by parking their truck/trailers for them after they launch and returning their keys to them at the dock, maybe that's a solution at some ramps.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 03:56 PM

Im half Japanese. Look alot like a Messican , lived in Texas 60 some odd years . Fish out of my Skeeter by myself alot , when I go to Sqaw , get that crazy talk I reply " No Speaka Englass " Then they really get pissed off .

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Im half Japanese. Look alot like a Messican , lived in Texas 60 some odd years . Fish out of my Skeeter by myself alot , when I go to Sqaw , get that crazy talk I reply " No Speaka Englass " Then they really get pissed off .

Posted By: Big 10 Inch

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 04:43 PM

Lots of people get their butt hurt too easy. They way I see it, the man was there first. He had every right to tie up to the dock. I don't see any rules that say " do not tie up to dock ". Maybe you should have gotten up earlier and beat him to the lake, instead of complaining about it. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 04:47 PM

Maybe there should be a dock for crappy, aluminum boats (you know, the ones with < 90hp motors), and a nice, private wharf, with coffee and bait shop, for the nice boats.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 04:50 PM

One more thing about Squaw Creek-
In the lake's early days, the restaurant was open and you could park at the dock for a mid day meal. But with the limited dock space, you had to get there early.
Its hard for many of us to stay in the boat all day but thats what you have to do on Squaw, either fish or go home.

Now, with four days a week to fish Squaw, I think the restaurant could make a go of it, if they had more dock space. At least they could stay open for a morning and lunch run. Seem like the powers to be would think about that. As a private restaurant owner, it would be hard to make a living, but in my opinion, it would bring in more fishermen on Thurs/Fri. and make the whole day of fishing more enjoyable.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Big 10 Inch
Lots of people get their butt hurt too easy. They way I see it, the man was there first. He had every right to tie up to the dock. I don't see any rules that say " do not tie up to dock ". Maybe you should have gotten up earlier and beat him to the lake, instead of complaining about it. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Or maybe the guy could have shot the bull in the parking lot with his boat still on the trailer instead of tied to the courtesy dock hindering his fellow anglers from tying up? Seems like that solution part of it could work both ways......
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 05:00 PM

DING DING DING we have a winner

I'm so glad I am laid back and do not worry about petty little BS like most of you guys are bitchen about.
Bunch of crying freaking women.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 05:02 PM

You people are taking this mess too serious. No way in hell would I not tie my boat up or just let it float off the damn trailer in the middle of a cove. I'm surprised there haven't been all out brawls out there, or worse, someone get shot..
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 05:29 PM

I've fished Squaw a lot. Never have heard anybody yelling at anybody else at the ramps. popcorn
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob W.
I've fished Squaw a lot. Never have heard anybody yelling at anybody else at the ramps. popcorn

^^^^^This peep

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 05:42 PM

OK...I'll bite. The dock is only big enough to handle 3 boats at the most at the same time. So everyone that launches first ties up to the dock and goes to do whatever...so where do others park their boat in a safe, efficient fashion to move their truck trailer to the parking lot? I think its obvious this only creates a bigger problem...and that the solution is that we expeditiously access and egress the courtesy dock, giving room for the next boater.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 07:04 PM

WOW, All I can do is laugh at some of you guys getting all bent out of shape. This has been blown WAY,WAY out of proportion, if the ramp was busy I would have left my boat on the trailer, there was like 6 people putting in the whole 20 to 30 minutes I was waiting & (there was other places to tie up). I have been fishing this lake since 1980, not my 1st time to put a boat in the water & tie up.
Bit*h about people stopping in the middle of the ramp to rig up or rig down, taking up both lanes of a 2 lane ramp or throwing a big wake in a no wake zone like that 154 ramp has, or a guy blinding you with his lights when your trying to back down a ramp. Heck go watch the ramp at Sealy's tournaments or Skeeter owners, that will give you some legit stuff to Bit*h about.
Like Ken said, tie up to the boat and step across, I've done that before to.
If gambler would have ask me, I would have helped him out, even backed him in. I watched him put in because he has a really nice boat, I didn't see that he had any problems.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob W.

I've had this happen to me twice. Both times there was a tournament going on. One guy even got a little "testy".
Anyway, I'll still do what I have to do in order to launch by myself.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 07:58 PM

Good folks of TFF...please remember to be respectful when commenting. Rube G has been nothing but a total gentleman in responding. Takes a hell of a man to respond back on an open forum. He has my total respect. He is due his view, as all of you do.

Fish on.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 08:10 PM

Good folks of TFF...please remember to be respectful when commenting. Rube G has been nothing but a total gentleman in responding. Takes a hell of a man to respond back on an open forum. He has my total respect. He is due his view, as all of you do.

Fish on.

Sounds like you guys got it worked out all neighborly like... thumb
Posted By: Resh

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 08:56 PM

Has anybody ever.. just untied their boat... and let it float where it may? popcorn

I realize a terrible solution, but man it would be funny just 1 time
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 09:20 PM

Just so everyone knows ,,,,,,,
on Sunday Dec 10th, I will be unloading my boat by myself at Squaw Creek.
I will NOT float it off and out into the cove.
I will tie it up to the dock while I pull my trailer out and go park my truck.
I will return immediately to my boat and move it from the "courtesy" dock.
Thank You in Advance for your patience and understanding

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 09:36 PM

I'll sit on the dock and time you!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: harvey walker
Lake Waco has the same problem. There is one guy that has a sky boat that thinks it ok to back down the ramp then start to unstrap, load all the tubs and ice chest. I know not only me but so other asked him to do that before he back in and he just said F Y I do what I want.

When I back down I always use my parking light so I do not blind others. I saw where it was said you must leave your lights on at Squaw Creek, will parking light count, I planning on going there in Jan.?

boxing
Posted By: jcwebb70

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/04/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish

It was politely mentioned to him. He obviously ignored it since it was still there 30 minutes later.

Untie the boat in question, claim it must have been a poor mooring job by the owner, maybe someone will ferry him out to get it, maybe they won't.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83

I think we have all done this, no option when rocky banks on all sides of the ramp and by yourself. Problem becomes when person docks, parks their truck, then stands around socializing, or plays with their tackle, waiting for someone etc when there is limited space. I load and unload mine every weekend solo some places I can't pull up on the shore, so I'll tie up, run back over to pull my truck out and park and get back and leave the dock asap. I'll do the same thing if I pull up on the shore, bc there is sometimes limited places there. Ray Roberts courtesy docks are on the ramps, so if you tie up, you not only take up dock space but a launching lane too.

If its busy, and a guy launches solo, I'll offer to pull his truck up the ramp while he docks/beaches so the next guy can launch. I don't get "bent" out of shape is someone is making an effort to be courteous and respectful of others time, its when they thing the world revolves around them that bends me the wrong way.

Now...that revolving attitude can go the other way too. They think their time is more valuable than everyone else in the world.
Being aware of our surroundings/situation and respectful of others goes a long ways.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: jcwebb70

I think we have all done this, no option when rocky banks on all sides of the ramp and by yourself. Problem becomes when person docks, parks their truck, then stands around socializing, or plays with their tackle, waiting for someone etc when there is limited space. I load and unload mine every weekend solo some places I can't pull up on the shore, so I'll tie up, run back over to pull my truck out and park and get back and leave the dock asap. I'll do the same thing if I pull up on the shore, bc there is sometimes limited places there. Ray Roberts courtesy docks are on the ramps, so if you tie up, you not only take up dock space but a launching lane too.

If its busy, and a guy launches solo, I'll offer to pull his truck up the ramp while he docks/beaches so the next guy can launch. I don't get "bent" out of shape is someone is making an effort to be courteous and respectful of others time, its when they thing the world revolves around them that bends me the wrong way.

Now...that revolving attitude can go the other way too. They think their time is more valuable than everyone else in the world.
Being aware of our surroundings/situation and respectful of others goes a long ways.

Could not have said it better ......absolutely spot on!
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: jcwebb70

Could not have said it better ......absolutely spot on!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: west tex angler
On the other hand, Launching at Squaw by myself is a little slower than most other fishermen care to wait for. I used to get yelled at to let my boat drift off of the trailer and someone would pick me up and drive me to my boat. That's not going to happen. My boat is only two years old, and its just a bad habit to get into. Something can go wrong by doing that, so I'll continue to get yelled at. I'm peddling as fast as I can.

It would remedy the situation if the powers to be would simply cover all of that rock shore with sand. It would be easier to just beach your boat and get off the launch. Don't know if its doable but worth a try.

Good luck

go watch the pros launch some morning....after you've seen half the field dump their boat off the trailer and let it float,you'll realize that nothing is gonna happen to your boat and it really speeds up the launch process for everyone...if you got boats in line waiting to launch behind you,somebody will always give you a ride out to your boat floating...
obviously you can't do this where current or waves are present but most launch ramps are in protected areas...

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: beartrap

Good luck

go watch the pros launch some morning....after you've seen half the field dump their boat off the trailer and let it float,you'll realize that nothing is gonna happen to your boat and it really speeds up the launch process for everyone...if you got boats in line waiting to launch behind you,somebody will always give you a ride out to your boat floating...
obviously you can't do this where current or waves are present but most launch ramps are in protected areas...

Ummm.....yeh. I'll give you a ride to your boat if ya like, but I won't need one. Lol. Guess I'm not "Pro" enough.

Just for the record....I've fished with 14 Elite anglers and not ONE TIME did they sling their $100,000 bass rig off their trailers.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:49 AM

Good luck

Ummm.....yeh. I'll give you a ride to your boat if ya like, but I won't need one. Lol. Guess I'm not "Pro" enough.

Just for the record....I've fished with 14 Elite anglers and not ONE TIME did they sling their $100,000 bass rig off their trailers.

not trying to be a smart-azz but next time you're around the elites,FLW,Costa or even BFL watch how many if they are by themselves, unhook their boats prior to backing down the ramp and let their boats float off then catch a ride out to their boat..if you've got 100-200 boats in line waiting to launch,saving 3-4 minutes adds up....
also watch experienced tournament fishermen load their boats after a tourney and notice how many shove the nose of their boat up against the winch stop,leave the engine trimmed up, running in gear and signal to their truck driver to slowly pull out then as boat settles on trailer and prop starts to surface,they cut off the engine....opposed to climbing up over the front and hooking up the winch,it saves couple minutes loading time..couple minutes per boat really adds up when you got 100-200 boats trying to get loaded up after a tourney....

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:03 AM

Good luck

not trying to be a smart-azz but next time you're around the elites,FLW,Costa or even BFL watch how many if they are by themselves, unhook their boats prior to backing down the ramp and let their boats float off then catch a ride out to their boat..if you've got 100-200 boats in line waiting to launch,saving 3-4 minutes adds up....
also watch experienced tournament fishermen load their boats after a tourney and notice how many shove the nose of their boat up against the winch stop,leave the engine trimmed up, running in gear and signal to their truck driver to slowly pull out then as boat settles on trailer and prop starts to surface,they cut off the engine....opposed to climbing up over the front and hooking up the winch,it saves couple minutes loading time..couple minutes per boat really adds up when you got 100-200 boats trying to get loaded up after a tourney....
might be so for singles events. Mine were Pro-Co. so I was always the truck backerupoer. I always assumed the Marshall in the events were the truck backerupoers. That said......I'm not slinging my boat off the trailer, I'm fast enough at getting the boat in the water. Saving someone, whom I don't know or care to know, 1minute and 32 seconds while jeopardizing my boat isn't gonna happen.

I'm not rude, slow, nor am I stupid.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:25 AM

you certainly have the courage of your own convictions...fortunately most guys with a little experience learn to load and unload their boats as I've described and it really helps in large tournaments.....many of us older guys recall the earlier days of bass tournys where you had to get to the lake two hours before daylight and it might take 2-3 hours after a tourney to put your boat on the trailer...
Posted By: Rog

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:37 AM

Guess I'm going to have to disagree a little bit. Lake Fork Marina has places to beach your boat as does Mustang Resort however smaller than LFM. Just about all the tournament sites BASS uses has places to beach their boats. I've fished tournaments at Toledo Bend that had boat beaches. The 154 ramp is mostly protected from our predominately south wind as is 515 west. Lake levels and erosion are a bigger problem but that doesn't prevent the higher populated ramps like Squaw Creek and Fork from putting in more courtesy docks. Lots of anglers fish alone and I would say most are considerate about timing their use of public ramps but just like the aholes who drive on 635 there are some who aren't. I have helped some by parking their truck/trailers for them after they launch and returning their keys to them at the dock, maybe that's a solution at some ramps.

Your trolling right? So if you go by yourself you should wait till all the pros launch to not interfere or make em wait a few seconds longer ? I need to quit reading all this bs lmao

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:39 AM

You don't have a partner for the fish and chips?

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Rog

Your trolling right? So if you go by yourself you should wait till all the pros launch to not interfere or make em wait a few seconds longer ? I need to quit reading all this bs lmao

Yep you probably should stop reading this. I don't fish against pro's so don't know where you got that idea. But I am courteous when I fish by myself about not blocking the ramp or leaving my boat at the courtesy dock for very long and I only troll while I'm fishing. Hope that clears everything up for you. thumb

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:51 AM

^^^*They see me trollin'...they be hatin'" ^^^^
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 03:10 AM

I saw a couple of guys do the "Pro" loading that you speak of a Squaw pre 9/11. Lets just say a really nice Ranger and concrete don't mix well as it slid off the trailer on the ramp. After witnessing that, I will never pull my boat up a ramp that the boat hasn't been hooked to the winch strap. You'll just have to wait another 10 seconds.
Posted By: Hole Shot

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 03:23 AM

Funny story about Squaw..... I'm all about in and out at the ramp. Always ready to splash when I'm up, lights off and move the truck off the ramp as fast as I can when by myself. So I was "in" on the idea of ghost launching the boat at Squaw. I had read on this forum the cranky posts about "the Squaw ramp" So I did. Walked down the stairs from the parking lot and sure enough a very nice gentleman was at the courtesy dock behind his console in his boat saying " get in man and I'll get you to your boat". Awesome I thought! Just like it should be. Well the difference between the air temp and water temp had created a heavy dew on this guys deck so when I put one foot forward it slipped all the way to the other gunnel and left my other foot on the bulkhead. A torn meniscus before daylight. Did fish till close thought. ( practice day). I maybe the guy that doesn't do that again for "other reasons" FYI....
Posted By: Rog

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 04:58 AM

Gigem was already clear but thanks for the clarity. The comment “timing thier use of the public ramp” just seems elitist and like it would be wrong to show up at the ramp alone while you and your partner launch. Maybe I read it wrong. My bad. Was at Fork Sunday FLW, BASS or any other T wasn’t there and not crowded enough for anyone to get all butthurt. Maybe 100 boats total and most ramps almost empty....I am sure the man launched then buddy showed up unexpected or similiar. Was he supposed to reblock the ramp to pull it back out? Merry Christmas and good luck with the new coach!

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 05:31 AM

I float my boat and hitch rides all the time. It works. People Appreciate how quick you are, especially as a solo. It’s only backfired on me once. And that was not pretty.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 06:13 AM

Our boat is off is less than a minute. Putting it on the trailer is a little more complicated.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Rog
Gigem was already clear but thanks for the clarity. The comment “timing thier use of the public ramp” just seems elitist and like it would be wrong to show up at the ramp alone while you and your partner launch. Maybe I read it wrong. My bad. Was at Fork Sunday FLW, BASS or any other T wasn’t there and not crowded enough for anyone to get all butthurt. Maybe 100 boats total and most ramps almost empty....I am sure the man launched then buddy showed up unexpected or similiar. Was he supposed to reblock the ramp to pull it back out? Merry Christmas and good luck with the new coach!

“timing thier use of the public ramp”

By that Rog I meant if you're by yourself and there's a long line of boats waiting to launch ( think 6am Saturday morning at 154 public ramp) let the line thin until maybe only a couple are left and more than likely one will help you launch. If I'm there at daybreak I will have someone with me. If I'm alone it's much later. Yep, we got us a new coach. Yet to be determined if he's the one that gets us a championship but it's been proven that good players make good coaches, not money. We'll see how many good players he can get. Gonna be some assistant coaches get their walking papers and Chavez will probably be the first. Lots of coaches are one loss away from being fired but like Les Miles and Charlie Strong they're taking a butt load of the universities money with them. Have a goodun dude.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 12:32 PM

I float my boat and hitch rides all the time. It works. People
Appreciate how quick you are, especially as a solo. It’s only backfired on me once. And that was not pretty.

i love this method when the ramp is crowded and i am solo, much less work and stress. if more ppl did this in the right conditions it would save a lot of time on busy tournament launches.

i did it accidentally at holbrook in december when there was nobody at the ramp. i backed down to float my rig and was horrified to see it floating away from the rearview mirror. after the shock wore off i parked my truck and empty trailer. as i stood there on the ramp pondering a possible solution while staring at my boat bobbing peacefully 30 yds out, someone showed up to launch. i helped them launch then taxi'd to my boat. never saw another launch the rest of the morning, so i got lucky. still not sure what i woulda done, probably strip to my boxers and went for a swim in <GULP> 55 degree water.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 12:32 PM

How hard is it to undo the straps back it down unload it then bank it then go park the truck?
Like you would have to do exactly this if there wasn't a courtesy dock quit being lazy then complain about others.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:09 PM

After reading all this I'm not surprised that the launching and loading of a boat is such a struggle for many of you.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
How hard is it to undo the straps back it down unload it then bank it then go park the truck?
Like you would have to do exactly this if there wasn't a courtesy dock quit being lazy then complain about others.

I wouldn't want to beach my fiberglass boat at that ramp. I doubt you would either, but, you're welcome to.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:19 PM

When alone I regularly float it off and get a ride. Many of you should consider it as a valid option.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:40 PM

Everyone just go buy an Ulterra and float it off and whistle when you get back to the ramp after parking the truck.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:43 PM

I wouldn't want to beach my fiberglass boat at that ramp. I doubt you would either, but, you're welcome to.

Just bank it and use those power poles that every pro has.... Oh wait...

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 01:59 PM

Everyone just go buy an Ulterra and float it off and whistle when you get back to the ramp after parking the truck.

Works great if there's a courtesy dock handy and you don't forget and leave the remote in the boat. Seen that happen.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
When alone I regularly float it off and get a ride. Many of you should consider it as a valid option.

I just don't understand the refusal to do this. It works very well and creates new friendships and camaraderie among fishermen.
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
probably strip to my boxers and went for a swim in <GULP> 55 degree water.

You're probably joking but please don't ever do that. No one ever do that. It's a disaster waiting to happen and not worth the value of a boat. Somebody will be along.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:11 PM

Probably because they don't want their expensive boat to perhaps bang into something.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:44 PM

It's what I did
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 02:57 PM

I was put in this exact situation on Monti a couple of weeks ago. Launched by myself without looking at the courtesy dock to see that 2 boats were parked (one on each side) that I guess were just hanging out talking somewhere in the parking lot. Because there was no one in the lot waiting to put in or take out and the fact I am generally VERY fast at launching myself and getting the trailer out of the way, I went right down the middle of the ramp. Well I get in the water and realize oh carp! I have no way to get on the dock. Sat and pondered for a second and now see another boat wanting to launch. Finally tried to ease up to the dock with my bow about a foot from the end. I step out trying to hurry and the damn dock almost flips over on me.

Managed to get to the Tahoe and got an ugly look from the guy waiting on me for a good 5 minutes now. Next time I will just got about 50 yards down and beach it.

Hopefully people at Monti will start beaching their boats a little to the left of the courtesy dock when they are planning on hanging out so this doesn't happen to others.

And to the OP, the guy came on and said it was him and tried to apologize and it cracks me up that every time a ramp etiquette post is made it turns into a Squaw Creek b1tch fest
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 03:09 PM

Good luck

When PAA was on Tawakoni, I was with Tommy Biffle and this was exactly what he did. Put me and the boat in the water and let it float off and hitched a ride to it. Most of the guys were doing that at the old Kenny's Landing ramp that morning.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 03:16 PM

Yeah my boats not floating off anywhere without me in it lol. There's a difference between stupid and normal launch time solo with a boat. If all I have to do when I get to the ramp is back down it, unhook the boat, get it off the trailer and beach it, get back to my truck and pull away then whoever is waiting needs to chill the heck out. I get as frustrated as anyone with all the random [censored] that people should've done before backing it down, but for normal launch stuff, a bunch of people need to get over themselves.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Reshelman
Yeah my boats not floating off anywhere without me in it lol. There's a difference between stupid and normal launch time solo with a boat. If all I have to do when I get to the ramp is back down it, unhook the boat, get it off the trailer and beach it, get back to my truck and pull away then whoever is waiting needs to chill the heck out. I get as frustrated as anyone with all the random [censored] that people should've done before backing it down, but for normal launch stuff, a bunch of people need to get over themselves.
this guy "gets it" too. General courtesy at a boat ramp just means being aware of the current situation and acting accordingly to not be a "squid" at the ramp. Being prepared to launch the boat and doing so efficiently so others, if there and waiting, aren't popping aspirins and blood pressure meds while waiting. Just do what you know is right. ...and safe. Don't wash your boat on the ramp, don't do things on the ramp that can be done in line before launching, or in the parking lot after loading. The ramp is for one thing and one thing only. The parking lot is a great place to prep the boat for the water or the ride home.

I would never expect someone to float there pride and joy off to save me a minute....and I will not do it for them. Period. I will, however, be quick and courteous. And I will not lollygag around and be a general pain in the [censored].

That's all.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
And to the OP, the guy came on and said it was him and tried to apologize

I think you need to reread his reply. I see no attempt at an apology, only his reasoning for his actions.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 09:14 PM

Very simple....just idle down a little bit and tie up toward the end of slip and nobody will even know you're there.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 09:21 PM

Dang, I thought launching at Scotts Ridge on Conroe most Saturday mornings was bad. This beats anything I've seen hands down.
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 09:29 PM

I bet that Tommy Biffle didn't have to pay for his boat, plus I think he probably knew (pretty well) everyone that was launching before and after him.

as someone else said, my boat is not floating out without me in it. you folks that think you are so important should make sure you get there early enough so that if there are a few singles there it will not cause your brain to explode.

I do agree with everyone else though; load your boat with your stuff, remove your motor support, remove back straps, and generally be ready to launch before you get in line. it's so simple, but just about every time I go to Fork I see someone that backs down the ramp and then gets prepared while everyone else waits.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 09:56 PM

If I want to tie my boat up to a public dock, I'm gonna tie my boat up to a public dock

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/05/17 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke

Very simple....just idle down a little bit and tie up toward the end of slip and nobody will even know you're there.

Dec 10th is fish n chips, if your fishing solo I'll be glad to give you a ride to your boat.
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 12:04 AM

Any of you guys fishing alone I got time for you launch and park your truck, I'm not in that big of a hurry. I fish alone some to at it is what it is
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 12:17 AM

If I am the boater and waiting on someone.... I would park.... they could load their stuff in the boat.... and back me down. But I have only been boating since '77. What do I know? And if Frank the Tank dumps his boat and lets it drift off and ask me to take him out to it.... I am going to look at his muddy feet and say "no".
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 12:37 AM

Rube is a good guy.

And damn some of you people are &*##*es

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Rube is a good guy.

OK... I might ask Frank what his NFL team is. If he answers ... he can take his shoes off.... I will carry him to his drifting boat.
Posted By: Wise 1

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 12:57 AM

I am a out west fisherman from Abilene,and for the past four years we have had to beach our boats on rocks at lakes such as Hubbard Creek,Ivie,Oak Creek and other lakes. Being that it was the only option.

Whith that said,I never witnessed any damage to any boats in all that time. Also.... so you just let your boat drift unmanned only to be in the way of others trying to maneuver their boats?

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Wise 1

I am a out west fisherman from Abilene,and for the past four years we have had to beach our boats on rocks at lakes such as Hubbard Creek,Ivie,Oak Creek and other lakes. Being that it was the only option.

Whith that said,I never witnessed any damage to any boats in all that time. Also.... so you just let your boat drift unmanned only to be in the way of others trying to maneuver their boats?

Agree ... if I see a boat drifting with nobody in it... I am looking for somebody drowning. But I am not a pro.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 01:34 AM

Curious on drifting during launch:
Disclaimer:
(Sorry, not gonna happen. I promise that I will be as fast as possible and will use the shoreline if possible, but you'll either have to pull my truck up and out of the way, or wait for me to beach/tie up and park.)
Still curious though,
Had the same question as Wise 1. Most days I launch there is wind, you just let it drift into other boats? If it's that busy, seems that a runaway boat would cause more problems than it solves.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 01:39 AM

Just to give a perspective of "it could always be worse":

I use to live 15 minutes from Highport Marina on Texoma. I will say that after 30 years of loading and unloading boats there, fisherman were the only ones with common sense. I'd get there early and go have lunch at the restaurant and watch the show. And this was before they'd been drinking all day:)

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 02:16 AM

You can beach your rig at Highport. Or use one of their many docks. $5 or get the boot.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 02:49 AM

Dec 10th is fish n chips, if your fishing solo I'll be glad to give you a ride to your boat.

clap dang fine of you sir!!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
You can beach your rig at Highport. Or use one of their many docks. $5 or get the boot.

Unless you got a sticker grin
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Team Skeeterless

clap dang fine of you sir!!

Yep,,,, it is Fish n Chips ...... & I don't drink alone (always have my dear Ol' Grandad w/ me) ...... but I do fish alone.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 03:40 PM

Sorry, but have to ask as inquiring minds want to know. For those that let their boat drift after launching, what happens when your boat doesn't move out of the way and sits 20 ft off the ramp?

Or if the wind is blowing into the ramp? How does the next guy get into the water?

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 03:52 PM

Yeah, kinda seems like the wrong solution to problem that is easily fixed.

If the boat ramp is very busy, instead of ripping someone's head-off for being too slow, why not offer him help. Maybe, just maybe, he'll help you too and both of you will get out of my way quicker.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: FlatBack4

If the boat ramp is very busy, instead of ripping someone's head-off for being too slow, why not offer him help. Maybe, just maybe, he'll help you too and both of you will get out of my way quicker.

That's not how this is done. If you did this, there would be peace on the ramps with little to no problems. Then, we wouldn't have an 11 page thread on the TFF to read..

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

That's not how this is done. If you did this, there would be peace on the ramps with little to no problems. Then, we wouldn't have an 11 page thread on the TFF to read..

True, didn't the "Launching Boat by yourself here on TFF go like 10 pages?

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: skeeterK
Sorry, but have to ask as inquiring minds want to know. For those that let their boat drift after launching, what happens when your boat doesn't move out of the way and sits 20 ft off the ramp?

Or if the wind is blowing into the ramp? How does the next guy get into the water?

with a little experience,you can tap your brakes as the boat comes off the trailer and cause the momentum to push your boat further out where it's usually not in the way...obviously if you had a strong wind blowing directly into the launch,you couldn't do this....couple of things to consider,your boat and every boat out there has a rub rail that protects your boat and any other boat from damage if they slightly bump together....

the whole reason for this discussion is that there are a lot of tournys with 100-200 boats ....most guys have a partner that can back the truck down but some guys don't have a partner and have to launch by themselves...if you are by yourself you can back down the ramp and dump your boat in about a minute or less.....when you back down there by yourself,crawl up in your boat,get it cranked and move it to a dock then walk back and move your truck....you are taking probably 5 minutes or more....multiply that by 20 guys and it adds some significant delay time time to the guys in back of the line...
again none of this applies unless you are by yourself and have a significant number of boats behind you waiting to launch....
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 04:38 PM

I treat my solo launching like a Nacar pitstop.

if ya aint first, youre last boys... bolt
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 04:50 PM

I never comment on these types of threads, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm not letting my rig float off by itself. Too many things could go wrong and I don't like to swim at 5:30 in the morning. Some of you guys are too uptight. If you see someone launching by themselves and they are doing everything they can to be fast, just wait. If they are going a little slow, maybe offer to help them. Nobody really wants to launch by themselves, nor do they enjoy it, so try to see the situation from their perspective. I fish BassChamps and TTZ and they draw 150-250 boats. Never have I seen a guy float his rig off by itself, nor have I seen anyone get into an argument over launching. I understand there is a fine line about being fast and taking too much time, believe me. For you guys that launch by yourself, please do what you can to be courteous and timely at the ramp. That's all that I ask.

Remember guys, it's just fishing.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
I never comment on these types of threads, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm not letting my rig float off by itself. Too many things could go wrong and I don't like to swim at 5:30 in the morning. Some of you guys are too uptight. If you see someone launching by themselves and they are doing everything they can to be fast, just wait. If they are going a little slow, maybe offer to help them. Nobody really wants to launch by themselves, nor do they enjoy it, so try to see the situation from their perspective. I fish BassChamps and TTZ and they draw 150-250 boats. Never have I seen a guy float his rig off by itself, nor have I seen anyone get into an argument over launching. I understand there is a fine line about being fast and taking too much time, believe me. For you guys that launch by yourself, please do what you can to be courteous and timely at the ramp. That's all that I ask.

Remember guys, it's just fishing.

It's just fishing, but we have a bunch of keyboard cowboys on here... No way in he77 I'm going to float my boat off. And if that bothers anyone, they can get the he77 over it. I'm not going to piddle around launching by myself, but I am going to do it the right way. And I agree, I fish BFL's, TXTT, Champs, and all kinds of other tournaments (individual and team) and I've never seen someone float their boat off in the morning.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 05:08 PM

[quote=skeeterK...couple of things to consider,your boat and every boat out there has a rub rail that protects your boat and any other boat from damage if they slightly bump

Boats don’t float at at the same level and my run rail probably isn’t the same height as yours plus my trolling motor extends off the bow and I have a 360 mounted to it. So don’t plan on floating it. I will usually wait out the rush and launch last most times.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 07:06 PM

Good luck

I'm thinking this is where this thread derailed.. roflmao

Yep Beartrap, I agree, it's very common at least in Opens. From what I've seen, it happens more so on practice days. Not uncommon to see 3-5 boats floating around. I can't count the number of guys I've carried to their boats, met some good people including a couple of Elites (one who frequents this forum).

I think the big difference is these are all guys focused on the same goal (getting on the water quick), all very experienced with boat launching, are all considerate of each other and are all comfortable floating their boat off the trailer.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: bigfishtx

Good luck

I'm thinking this is where this thread derailed.. roflmao

Yep Beartrap, I agree, it's very common at least in Opens. From what I've seen, it happens more so on practice days. Not uncommon to see 3-5 boats floating around. I can't count the number of guys I've carried to their boats, met some good people including a couple of Elites (one who frequents this forum).

I think the big difference is these are all guys focused on the same goal (getting on the water quick), all very experienced with boat launching, are all considerate of each other and are all comfortable floating their boat off the trailer.

This is probably more popular with the pros rather than the guys that actually own their boat, or don't get a new boat every year.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 07:31 PM

I'm gonna start parking my $60k truck the same way.....leave it in drive and just jump the hell out and let it stop where it stops.

The same fools suggesting to dump a boat are the same ones that never, ever, would have the balls to do it.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 07:41 PM

The same fools suggesting to dump a boat are the same ones that never, ever, would have the balls to do it.

roflmao

That's funny!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 08:11 PM

I've fished the opens the last two years and haven't seen this done. Not to say that it doesn't, I've never witnessed it though.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 08:35 PM

Wonder what the Guinness Book of records is for threads about launching boats. This has gotta be getting close wouldn't you think. I don't have anything intelligent to add to it other than I'm going to do everything in my power to be in my boat when it's floating. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it I would just fish off the bank. I'm perfectly willing to keep the thread going though if ya'll wanna go for the record. I can talk forever about Al Franken or Nancy Pelosi.

Posted By: RJACK81

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:13 PM

Wonder what the Guinness Book of records is for threads about launching boats. This has gotta be getting close wouldn't you think. I don't have anything intelligent to add to it other than I'm going to do everything in my power to be in my boat when it's floating. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it I would just fish off the bank. I'm perfectly willing to keep the thread going though if ya'll wanna go for the record. I can talk forever about Al Franken or Nancy Pelosi.

Great picture of Nancy Pelosi!

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:19 PM

I'm gonna start parking my $60k truck the same way.....leave it in drive and just jump the hell out and let it stop where it stops.

That’s very offensive Steez. We don’t have to start insulting people kind sir.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RJACK81

Actually that's big Al, here's Nancy.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:25 PM

If I am the boater and waiting on someone.... I would park.... they could load their stuff in the boat.... and back me down. But I have only been boating since '77. What do I know? And if Frank the Tank dumps his boat and lets it drift off and ask me to take him out to it.... I am going to look at his muddy feet and say "no".

roflmao come on Fish4...... I need a ride!
Posted By: RJACK81

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: RJACK81

Actually that's big Al, here's Nancy.

My mistake. I always seem to get them confused.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Rube is a good guy.

OK... I might ask Frank what his NFL team is. If he answers ... he can take his shoes off.... I will carry him to his drifting boat.

banana
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 09:48 PM

I've done it. It works well. If you didn't know many people there I could see the hesitation
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 10:02 PM

I have floated my boat off at several events, have witnessed many others do the same. Conditions need to be present for this to be a viable option. I have witnessed many that think its there right to take the spots near the boat ramp and sit and wait, or to tie up to the courtesy dock and block others. But I mainly see this on the larger individual events. I have witnessed the Ultrex a hole move. drop your ultrex down, spot lock near the courtesy dock making it difficult to navigate an already difficult situation.

Leaving the lights on while backing down has seemed to get worse in my opinion, at all levels.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 11:39 PM

Whatever. You have the thickest skin on the forum.....

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/06/17 11:55 PM

grin

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:02 AM

Whatever. You have the thickest skin on the forum.....

Steez you have finally convinced me that you have no idea, none what you speak about. I long suspected it but now I know.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:37 AM

It's the easiest and quickest way to launch in a tournament when you are fishing alone. The only time it wouldn't be the right way is if the wind is blowing in, plain and simple. If you can back a boat into the water, anyone can do it. If you do it right your unmanned boat will NOT be in anyone's way. No one is going to bump your boat, it doesn't matter if there are 400 boats launching there. Anyone that sees an empty boat at the ramp knows why it's empty and appreciates it. Usually a boat that has 2 people in it will pull up next to it and the passenger will hold it at arms length while sitting in the passenger seat, until the boat owner arrives. The only people I can think of that wouldn't do it are very inexperienced boaters. And yes, almost every bassboat on the water will match rub rails with another bassboat. I bet there's a YouTube video, if there isn't I'll get 3 boats together and make one.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
It's the easiest and quickest way to launch in a tournament when you are fishing alone. The only time it wouldn't be the right way is if the wind is blowing in, plain and simple. If you can back a boat into the water, anyone can do it. If you do it right your unmanned boat will NOT be in anyone's way. No one is going to bump your boat, it doesn't matter if there are 400 boats launching there. Anyone that sees an empty boat at the ramp knows why it's empty and appreciates it. Usually a boat that has 2 people in it will pull up next to it and the passenger will hold it at arms length while sitting in the passenger seat, until the boat owner arrives. The only people I can think of that wouldn't do it are very inexperienced boaters. And yes, almost every bassboat on the water will match rub rails with another bassboat. I bet there's a YouTube video, if there isn't I'll get 3 boats together and make one.

Winner ^^^^^&^

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:50 AM

well said.....add non observant to inexperienced boaters.....

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:50 AM

X2 ..... it works and works well.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:56 AM

Heck Frank I might even give you a ride to your boat.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 01:01 AM

Man I’d sure appreciate it. Not many would. bolt

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 01:49 AM

never thought it took much ballz to dump & hitch, but i guess a few of us got 'em lol grin
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 02:12 AM

Posted By: scruboak

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 02:30 AM

On Joe pool just hog the dock and put all your damn rod socks on.We all know that cant be done once on trailer and out of the way.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 02:33 AM

Can't we all just get along?? woot

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 02:45 AM

Some dude named beartrap has started a boat loading thread, he77 we ain't finished launching yet for pete's sake.

Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 03:11 AM

[quote=SteezMacQueen]The same fools suggesting to dump a boat are the same ones that never, ever, would have the balls to do it.

Lol, are you serious?

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: airforcefishin
[quote=SteezMacQueen]The same fools suggesting to dump a boat are the same ones that never, ever, would have the balls to do it.

Lol, are you serious?
nah. Just joking.

Honestly. I couldn't care less about how anyone launches their boats. My only gripe is people that sit on the ramps talking and cleaning their boats.

...and even then....if there is a boat ramp lann open, I don't care about the above either. I only get upset when someone is obviously taking ramp space for something that could be done elsewhere and doesn't care that others are waiting.

For the record...I've slung my old Nitro at Fairfield and Squaw multiple times during tourneys. Only because I was fishing solo. Also, it was already beat to hell and back so I didn't care if it was scratched. Saying that, I've seen a few guys with nice boats getting wound up when that little white boat was heading for them unmanned.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 04:57 AM

Quote:
I only get upset when someone is obviously taking ramp space for something that could be done elsewhere and doesn't care that others are waiting.

Bingo
Posted By: beastbeason

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 12:52 PM

Just a thought but does anybody offer to help these solo boat launchers out? If you are in a hurry, I’m sure they are too and would appreciate your help pulling the truck out and parking while they clear out the spot for you. Any tournaments I have fished there is almost always someone who has already launched willing to offer a hand. All you have to do is ask.....

I don’t hesitate to offer, even if it’s not crowded.... I think it’s just common courtesy....

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: beastbeason
Just a thought but does anybody offer to help these solo boat launchers out? If you are in a hurry, I’m sure they are too and would appreciate your help pulling the truck out and parking while they clear out the spot for you. Any tournaments I have fished there is almost always someone who has already launched willing to offer a hand. All you have to do is ask.....

I don’t hesitate to offer, even if it’s not crowded.... I think it’s just common courtesy....

Yes, dump the boat and I'll give you a ride to it.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: beastbeason

That's good stuff thumb

But it sounds like you've had better experiences with that than I have. I've had trailer damage from the way someone left my trailer hanging out there and someone hit it, I've had the doors left unlocked and have even had a guy leave the windows down. No way I let someone park my truck anymore unless there's no way around it. If I'm by myself at an uncrowded ramp, I'll launch, beach the boat then go park my truck. Crowded ramp and the conditions are right, I dump it and catch a ride.
Posted By: Ynot

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 04:05 PM

Wise Ancient Saying... "Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism but with humility consider others superior to you. Look out not only for your own interests but also for the interests of others."
Posted By: dmv631

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 07:49 PM

That's pretty deep!!

While you are waiting/wanting other to help always remember...

Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torment of man
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 08:25 PM

If you dump your boat...make sure the motor is straight. Hate to see it take a hard turn straight off the trailer.
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/07/17 09:10 PM

Don't care, either way, depending on the mornin'. However, have seen it a bunch, but, just pointing out that there is no rub-rail around the big motor.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 12:59 AM

This is... this is the only thing. See, I don't wanna sit around the rest of my life thinking of this @$&#. I can't do it Hank. Sit on the couch and read all this nonesense about launchin' boats with nobody on them. I can't do it, so you're gonna have to do it.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:44 AM

it was already beat to hell and back so I didn't care if it was scratched. Saying that, I've seen a few guys with nice boats getting wound up when that little white boat was heading for them unmanned.

driving a beater is a very liberating experience grin I would have to think long and hard before getting a nice boat again.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
it was already beat to hell and back so I didn't care if it was scratched. Saying that, I've seen a few guys with nice boats getting wound up when that little white boat was heading for them unmanned.

driving a beater is a very liberating experience grin I would have to think long and hard before getting a nice boat again.
yeh....it was bad. It was a $2000 boat with a $2600 trolling motor and $4000 worth of electronics. I owned it for a year and a half and sold it for what I paid for it within 30 minutes of listing it for sale. Minus the birds, optimas, and Ultrex. Those went to the new to me Skeeter.
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 07:03 AM

It’s a shame you look at the next generation of fishermen like this. Some of us know what we are doing and of course, just like with anything, there are the few who ruin it for the rest.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:14 PM

Back up and let my boat drift off.....thats about the stupidest thing ive heard

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:28 PM

Might be a legal issue too..

The law of salvage is a concept in maritime law which states that a person who recovers another person's ship or cargo after peril or loss at sea is entitled to a reward commensurate with the value of the property so saved.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:36 PM

The law of salvage is a concept in maritime law which states that a person who recovers another person's ship or cargo after peril or loss at sea is entitled to a reward commensurate with the value of the property so saved.

you may be onto something here....why don't you jump in and claim the next boat you see floating in front of the launch ramp right before a tournament.....I feel pretty sure that most of the boat owners would be glad to give you with a fat lip or a busted head as reimbursement....

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: YAKaddict

Well yeah, no need with a yak

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:50 PM

Nah, happens all the time without incident. Tourney guys know it's the right thing to do and helps a lot with saving time. Guys just grab the boat and hold the side and wait for you to get there. It works and works well.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: YAKaddict

Well yeah, no need with a yak
lol , i dont have a yak anymore. To dump that id open the bed of the truck, gun it in reverse then slam the brakes.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 01:53 PM

roflmao that would be awesome to see on a tourney morning. Dump a yak on the ramp and drive off roflmao
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 03:12 PM

After all the talk about " slinging" and making sure your motor is straight and worrying about there not being a rub rail around the big motor, I'm kinda thinking some of you fellas hadn't ought to try this after all. It's not rocket science but you do have to have a pulse to accomplish it.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 04:23 PM

Last winter a family had a fire going on the Dana Peak ramp at Stillhouse cooking hot dogs. Lovely.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 04:23 PM

de
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 05:28 PM

After all the talk about " slinging" and making sure your motor is straight and worrying about there not being a rub rail around the big motor, I'm kinda thinking some of you fellas hadn't ought to try this after all. It's not rocket science but you do have to have a pulse to accomplish it.

I like slingin' things....

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: greenen
Last winter a family had a fire going on the Dana Peak ramp at Stillhouse cooking hot dogs. Lovely.

No way!! roflmao
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 05:53 PM

you may be onto something here....why don't you jump in and claim the next boat you see floating in front of the launch ramp right before a tournament.....I feel pretty sure that most of the boat owners would be glad to give you with a fat lip or a busted head as reimbursement....

Oh, please.... someone do this! Get on board with an eye patch, raise the colors, and say "Arr, Y'all"! I just had the laugh of the morning thinking about bass boat pirates!
duel

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 06:19 PM

Maybe those ramp drifters should get one of these:

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 06:35 PM

That is a no-no. Blocks the ramp.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 06:47 PM

That is a no-no. Blocks the ramp.

Sorry, I saw this thread was still near the top and just had to add another layer of non-sense since the Z Launch has been a hot button topic elsewhere.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/08/17 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Ynot
Wise Ancient Saying... "Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism but with humility consider others superior to you. Look out not only for your own interests but also for the interests of others."

Sounds a lot like Phillipians 2 to me, but you're smart, "wise ancient saying" doesn't send people running for the hills like a bible verse can. frkazoid
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 02:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbShVOYHPvY this guy claims 2 minute launch lmao .
Posted By: Ynot

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 05:25 AM

Your absolutely correct! cheers

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbShVOYHPvY this guy claims 2 minute launch lmao .

Better not show up at Bass Fest at Fork with that, lol.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 12:35 PM

still trying to figure how to launch a boat....
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 01:00 PM

I would go to Squaw early on a Sunday morning to practice.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: tx2va07

I would go to Squaw early on a Sunday morning to practice.

That's a great idea you might have to fight one of those 'pro fisherman' scared
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/09/17 11:55 PM

Now I get why people get mad at Squaw Creek LMAO Today there was a baot parked almost sideways on the ramp.{Block 3 lanes} Head Lights on, Not worry about being ready to launch and takes his time walking around the boat 15 times before he gets in it. But wait the best part is to come. After he launches he runs into 2 parked boat at the docks and doesnt even say sorry. I was wow did that just happen? The 2 guy he hit were not happy. It didnt do any damage but still I would never hit anyones boat in the manner as I saw. Im still amazed at what I saw WOW NO CLASS

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/10/17 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Joefishhunter
Now I get why people get mad at Squaw Creek LMAO Today there was a baot parked almost sideways on the ramp.{Block 3 lanes} Head Lights on, Not worry about being ready to launch and takes his time walking around the boat 15 times before he gets in it. But wait the best part is to come. After he launches he runs into 2 parked boat at the docks and doesnt even say sorry. I was wow did that just happen? The 2 guy he hit were not happy. It didnt do any damage but still I would never hit anyones boat in the manner as I saw. Im still amazed at what I saw WOW NO CLASS

It's a disaster zone. The worst ever and what blows the mind is all the places and chances you have to get your stuff ready before pulling down there. It's stupid.

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/10/17 02:35 AM

Ya'll have convinced me, I have no business going to Squaw Creek again. Was there right after it opened but won't be going back, don't need the hassle.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Boat Ramp Courtesy Dock Etiquette - 12/10/17 03:25 AM

Hopefully all have read this thread and will be on point at boat ramp tomorrow! Folks are watching! OMG
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum