Texas Fishing Forum

Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes?

Posted By: LearnedHat

Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 09:53 AM

First of December, if the water is 57-62 --- will bass still be in a shallow tributary pattern or moved to deeper main lake haunts?
Posted By: pkskeetersr

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 12:31 PM

They are at pk,creeks are full of shad at pk
Posted By: 361V

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 03:04 PM

I have found tons of bait in the creeks the last few weeks. Whitney, Bridgeport, Granbury, PK... Bass in the creeks with the bait? Not so much! confused
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 03:54 PM

Found lots of bait in the creeks last week a couple days, but I found bait a little deeper as well and that's where I got the most bites.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 04:53 PM

Bait seems to be every where from main lake to the way backs of the creeks... tons of it on all the lakes I've been fishing. Fish just need to yawn and they get a mouthful of threadfin. Find the gizzard shad among all those threadfin and you find the bass. thumb
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 05:01 PM

It's always a challenge for me on what to throw in the Fall when the fish are feeding and there are shad everywhere. I've had a few times where I am back in a cove and bait is flickering everywhere and bass are busting on them, but I can't get a bite. It's like sometimes there is too much bait and nothing works. Still better than not having any idea where they are, but that line about the fish yawning and getting a mouthful made me think of some of those days.
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 05:58 PM

Well, I think I’m going to Grapevine and I marked a bunch of main lake places that interest me on Navionics on my iPad but maybe I should stick with the dam, creeks and coves.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 09:32 PM

Creeks in Grapevine have been loaded with bait for a month, some will even black out the graph as your idling in. Best fishing for me was mainlake, couldn't get it going in my favorite creeks.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Are baitfish still in creek arms in N.Texas lakes? - 11/30/17 09:39 PM

sure are
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum