Texas Fishing Forum

Fork Fishing after Dark Report..

Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Fork Fishing after Dark Report.. - 11/29/17 08:08 PM

Fishing is perking up big time at night here on Lake Fork, Big Fish are on the move to the shallows at night. Bait is easy to find especially around lit docks close to deep water. Been doing well w/Swimbaits and Big Worms and the bite lately has been very aggressive almost hooking themselves. Water temps are between 62-66, and by the looks of my Dock around 2 ft low (perfect for Fishing here). Dec - Apr to me is the best time for quality and numbers after dark by far. Believing that the turnover is complete I have more confidence for successful outings. Trips are running from 8 pm to 2 or so, these trips are not as cold as you think actually quite comfortable especially when action is good which is the case on most trips this time of the year. But if temps are in the 40s and wind is less than 10 mph it's perfect out there, don't really go out in the 30s. Once the water temps hit the 50s I believe catching at night will really get ridiculous if like in the past years. Here is a few pics from Monday night (boated between 17-20 bass and probably 6 to the boat before coming unbuttoned). Thanks for the read. Oh Yeah ..Check out my topic in the Plugs and Announcements Section for more info.

Big Fish went 8 lbs 4 oz..
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 11/29/17 08:25 PM

That's awesome to hear! Night fishing out at fork is still something that me and the father-in-law have yet to do.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 11/29/17 08:47 PM

Good to hear. It had been pretty slow a month or so back.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 11/30/17 01:46 AM

Great fish!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 11/30/17 06:55 PM

Excellent trip and great report Mr. Hyland. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 12/01/17 12:32 AM

I got to go fishing with you! But if I had 6 come off I'd throw something in the lake! 6?? I haven't had 2 come off all year!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 12/01/17 04:27 AM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 12/01/17 04:41 AM

Good fish!
Posted By: RANGER SKI

Re: Fork after Dark Report.. - 12/01/17 02:13 PM

Fishing with Paul is a once in a lifetime deal. I can,t wait to go again. It is worth the trip just to see the fish in these dock lights.

Rangerski
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum