Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge

Posted By: teamplayer

Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/24/17 02:39 PM

Wondering if the ramp at Scott's Ridge in Caney Creek is open and functional for a bass boat? Is it deemed safe from break-ins?
Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/24/17 03:05 PM

Last time I was up there it was open. The down side to Scott's Ridge is if you are solo there is no where to tie a boat off. The entire area is bulkheads. It can be tough to load if there are pleasure boaters running back and forth at the buoys, gets rough. As to safety, not sure, but I would go to Stowaway, or up to Cagle and not have to worry about it.
Posted By: Mr. Incredible

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/24/17 10:34 PM

Stowaways for $10. Always folks wandering around there so I feel it’s the safest place to launch and leave my truck. And the cove is protected from the wind and has docks to tie off to in case you’re alone.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/25/17 01:26 AM

Functional = yes. Break ins = yes.
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/25/17 10:25 AM

And you can catch good fish and never get on the main lake
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/25/17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: 721Phoenix
Last time I was up there it was open. The down side to Scott's Ridge is if you are solo there is no where to tie a boat off. The entire area is bulkheads. It can be tough to load if there are pleasure boaters running back and forth at the buoys, gets rough. As to safety, not sure, but I would go to Stowaway, or up to Cagle and not have to worry about it.

In my opinion, Stowaway is the way to go. Great ramps, restaurant, store, friendly people. Scott's Ridge is a pain because of the lack of a courtesy dock. Cagle has some submerged timber and it is somewhat isolated. Definitely don't use the FM 830 ramp.

They are supposed to move the ramp at Scott's Ridge sometime in the future but who knows.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/25/17 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor

In my opinion, Stowaway is the way to go. Great ramps, restaurant, store, friendly people. Scott's Ridge is a pain because of the lack of a courtesy dock. Cagle has some submerged timber and it is somewhat isolated. Definitely don't use the FM 830 ramp.

They are supposed to move the ramp at Scott's Ridge sometime in the future but who knows.

Restaurant will not be open again until the spring. Uncle Bobs is pretty good when it's open.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/26/17 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
Originally Posted By: Rayzor

Restaurant will not be open again until the spring. Uncle Bobs is pretty good when it's open.

You're right.
Posted By: C130

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/27/17 01:43 AM

Went by Scott’s Ridge the last two days. Parking lot was pretty full. As others mentioned, I don’t care for it due to the fact there isn’t a dock. I prefer Stow Away also, just a longer drive from where I live. $15 is ridiculous for marinas that aren’t even nice and have nails sticking out of the docks such as April Plaza. I just about did some serious damage at April Plaza one day but luckily saw the nails just in time.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Lake Conroe-Scott's Ridge - 11/28/17 04:16 PM

Been launching at 830 for over 20 years. No issues. Maybe I am just lucky. (Knock on Wood)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum