Texas Fishing Forum

Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet

Posted By: j9sheldon

Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 12:45 AM

Hi All,
Rookie here still trying to learn. i have seen when my line goes left or right, but i have yet to see the bite situation of a line jump. I have searched for videos but haven't found one. Anyone have a video? how much to the side does it jump? on the jump does it go back to its original position after the jump or is it in a new position. thanks all.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 01:02 AM

When your line "jumps", it's usually a biggun. You don't feel anything, you flip it in and it just starts coming back towards you or off to either side. Reel really fast and swing hard!

As for videos.....it's nearly impossible to catch on a video. But when it happens, it sure is a cool bite.

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 01:04 AM

The fish is usually ambushing the bait and swimming for deep water to swallow it. It doesn't stay there. It's on the move.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 07:06 AM

I saw a fish swirl up shallow so I casted in after it.

Before the arch even fell out of the line I saw it "jump".

My partner thought I was crazy for setting the hook so early.

He never saw it.
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 08:20 AM

It’s a great feeling!!!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 01:57 PM

I try to watch where my line is entering the water, you can see the line twitch when a bass hits it.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 05:38 PM

You could get it on video but the camera would have to be zoomed in on the line right where it entered the water. I caught an 11.61 on Fork a "few" years ago on a 5/8 oz jig. I pitched it out into 14 feet of water and it sank about 12 and the line jumped very distinctly. The pitch was very short as I was right on top of the grassline. When I saw the line jump I didn't even reel down to check it. I set the hook and it was ON.

Sometimes when you are fishing a weightless Senko or Fluke and they bite it, you will see your line twitch but you have to be watching very closely. More often than not, I just go to move the bait again and feel the weight of the fish then I swing.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 06:13 PM

When it happens to you, you'll know. Few months ago in a tournament I pitched up into less than a foot and just watched my line "jump" just like Ken was saying (right where the line enters the water). I also didn't reel down to it, Just set her good! It was about a 6 pounder. Always a fun bite!

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/24/17 08:33 PM

thanks all
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/25/17 02:12 AM

Throw a 3/4-1oz football jig and you will see where the meaning of "line jump" came from. My favorite type of fishing.
Posted By: Amberlamps

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/25/17 06:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7D24rF-NI

fast forward to :25. You'll see the line jump in the guides of my rod

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/25/17 07:03 PM

great video thanks
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/25/17 07:34 PM

Your line twitches just before you feel the fish.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/25/17 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Amberlamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7D24rF-NI

fast forward to :25. You'll see the line jump in the guides of my rod

Cool buddy. Great example of Line Jump!

Re: Line jump, anyone have a video, haven't seen this bite yet - 11/25/17 10:54 PM

Had one today on cedar creek. 4 ft of water under the last two posts of a dilapidated walkway. Flipped in and the line went from taught to slack after falling about 2 ft. It turned out to be my money/kicker fish.

I'm tellin ya.....they are almost always a good bite.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum