Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Boat carpet cleaning

Posted By: Okie Poke

Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 11:40 AM

How many of you do this on a regular basis, say once a year or every other year? Today, I'm doing the thorough clean job....

1) Vaccum carpet for loose stuff
2) Hose it down
3) Apply soap and scrub it down with brush
4) Rinse with high pressure hose

I usually will take it to detail shop but it seems like they never get the carpet clean and looking somewhat new again. Today, I'm going all out and when I'm done, I'll know it was done right. Then, hopefully, I won't have to walk into the garage and it smell like fish, haha! I guess what prompted this my wife asked if I have left fish in the livewells, cause that's what it smells like when she walks by the boat.... noidea
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
How many of you do this on a regular basis, say once a year or every other year? Today, I'm doing the thorough clean job....

2) Hose it down

I usually will take it to detail shop but it seems like they never get the carpet clean and looking somewhat new again. Today, I'm going all out and when I'm done, I'll know it was done right. Then, hopefully, I won't have to walk into the garage and it smell like fish, haha! I guess what prompted this my wife asked if I have left fish in the livewells, cause that's what it smells like when she walks by the boat.... noidea

Wait...what?

Your boat smells like fish? How did that happen? grin j/k!

Yep, I do mine at least once a year. Letting a good hard rain do the lion's share has always helped too.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 12:43 PM

Take it to Cartoys and let them use a hot water extraction technique on it. Works very well and looks like new when they are done.

Or do like me.....fish in the rain.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 01:27 PM

A car wash can do really good also. I do the hand scrub and clean also

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: bigfishtx

2) Hose it down

Wait...what?

Your boat smells like fish? How did that happen? grin j/k!

Yep, I do mine at least once a year. Letting a good hard rain do the lion's share has always helped too.

Why ya gotta be so mean?
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 02:00 PM

2) Hose it down

What did RR do to your carpet?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 04:16 PM

Just a warning, soap can make some carpet glue fail, so can a pressure washer, not saying it will happen but it could. I just soak it and vacuum it, some will us a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle for cleaning. You want it really clean heard of some guys having zerorez carpeting cleaning do it, no soap.

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

2) Hose it down

What did RR do to your carpet?

Nothing....just needed the fish smell out of it.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/16/17 06:53 PM

Woolite - mixed in a spray bottle. Apply to damp carpet, brush in and flood out with water.
Do mine at least once a year.

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 12:22 AM

Got it done today with soap and water. Looks great and much improved. Another thing that I didn't know that soap and water and scrub brush cleans the bottom white milky looking stuff on your engine cover clean as a whistle. I didn't think that would come off. I'm happy.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 12:42 AM

here's what I've been doing for years and it's worked pretty good...take it to the car wash......give it a good vaccuming with their machine...then give it a good cleaning using the soap pressure washing wand.....don't hold it too close...about 10 inches should be about right.....rinse it good then when you get home,give it another rinse with your garden hose....if it's not raining,leave your boat outside to dry with the nose propped up....

repeat this procedure about 3 times if you ever pull your boat down that road to the tiger creek launch ramp on falcon....
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 01:38 AM

Got it done today with soap and water. Looks great and much improved. Another thing that I didn't know that soap and water and scrub brush cleans the bottom white milky looking stuff on your engine cover clean as a whistle. I didn't think that would come off. I'm happy.

FYI-----soft scrub in a bottle from store, wash cloth and water hose will make it look like brand new. removes all the calcium build up.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 02:38 AM

Tom, mix some Downy fabric softener in some water and pour it on the carpet after you get it clean. Then rinse it with water. Vacuum out excess water then let it dry.

Downy separates the carpet fibers and makes it look new again. It works well.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 03:00 AM

Marked for future reference
Posted By: BaylorBass

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 07:40 AM

I mix Bissell carpet cleaner with water in a spray bottle and liberally spray it on the carpet after wetting it with a hose. "Shout" laundry stain remover works well if you have any blood stains on the deck too. I then scrub it with a stiff bristle brush, then rinse with a hose again and finish with a shop vac. Best thing I have found, but it does require a lot of elbow grease.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/17/17 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Take it to Cartoys and let them use a hot water extraction technique on it. Works very well and looks like new when they are done.

Or do like me.....fish in the rain.

Any idea what Car Toys charges?
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning - 11/18/17 03:06 PM

What ever you do, most important is to get a wet/dry vac and suck it out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum