Texas Fishing Forum

Places to stay near Amistad

Posted By: dk2429

Places to stay near Amistad - 11/14/17 04:09 PM

Planning to haul down to Amistad next month and stay a few days.. Last time I was there I was a little kid, so I don't remember much..

Do any of y'all have any recommendations on where to stay in the area? Plan to put in at Diablo East. Looking for the boat to be secure through the night......

Thanks
Posted By: vicbass22

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/14/17 07:55 PM

Call Nancy 830-377-4077 nice trailers w boat storage 2 miles to Diablo East
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/14/17 07:59 PM

http://riverstlodgingandrv.yolasite.com/
Posted By: fish pal al

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/14/17 08:59 PM

http://lakeamistadrentals.com/

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/15/17 02:33 PM

Thanks for the input folks,but really I'm just looking for a motel in the area that any of y'all have stayed at that is decent.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/15/17 03:35 PM

Ramada Inn has good parking for boats and I think they have good security there, but would take electronics and rods to room just to be safe.Sun Country circuit has stayed there for years with no problems. fish

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/15/17 03:39 PM

River street listed above is where we stay most of time, clean and secure, give Tommy a call fish
Posted By: Walls

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/15/17 04:38 PM

Second the Ramada for a hotel. Get in the business class rooms in the back so you're near the rig. River Street is our primary though- Ramada is the back-up
Posted By: fish pal al

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/15/17 06:57 PM

Ya the Ramada and lots of restaurants within walking distance, go to their web site for reservations better price.
Posted By: Texas Bass Couples

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/15/17 08:16 PM

River Street Lodging,,,,,ideal set up. Give Tommy a call.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/16/17 04:00 AM

River street would be my first choice, Tommy has a very nice setup.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
Thanks for the input folks,but really I'm just looking for a motel in the area that any of y'all have stayed at that is decent.

Thanks folks, but again, I'm really just looking for a motel maybe Del Rio or somewhere near the lake.. I'll probably only stay like 2-3 nights.. Literally just to get up, put the boat in, and fish all day, then sleep. I haven't been down that way in years so I don't know if there's anything around there decent to stay in. Not really looking for a cabin or anything fancy. Just like a Motel 6 or Econolodge or something

Thanks again

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 03:23 AM

Some cheap motels in Del Rio but none at the lake,all closed down a couple of years ago. Will be about 12-15 miles to ramps from town and the cheaper motels parking will suck big time.River street has full kitchen, covered parking and believe it's 60 for one or 40 per person per night.Pick your poison. fish

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 03:25 AM

Better yet just google motels in Del Rio
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 03:45 AM

Thanks folks, but again, I'm really just looking for a motel maybe Del Rio or somewhere near the lake.. I'll probably only stay like 2-3 nights.. Literally just to get up, put the boat in, and fish all day, then sleep. I haven't been down that way in years so I don't know if there's anything around there decent to stay in. Not really looking for a cabin or anything fancy. Just like a Motel 6 or Econolodge or something

Thanks again

Ramada as mentioned before.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 01:13 PM

Quality Inn out-skirts of Del Rio.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
Better yet just google motels in Del Rio

Already ahead of you.... The whole point of the post was to see if anybody knows of any of them decent and not some run down abu daubi place

Thanks folks!!

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Thanks again

My apologies, I thought the Ramada was one of the cabin things the others mentioned.. That's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!
Ramada as mentioned before.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 04:31 PM

The Ramada is decent and has 2 pools (if anyone is going with you), 1 is indoors although it was cold in there too last time we stayed there. Only bad thing I can say about it is that the boat parking is several hundred feet away from the rooms, you’ll have to tote your important gear. I have not stayed at the other places, but Boomer lives there so you might check out his recommendation above.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/17/17 06:00 PM

Besides Tommy's - La Quinta reasonable (not sure about boat parking, Del Rio Inn reasonable (Crowded), Motel 6 (very crowded-not much boat parking), Quality Inn (reasonable). Best bet if you can is the AF Marina. Trailers and Cabins inexpensive great location-not close to anything except ramp. Some you will need to check for scum's hanging around. Yes there are some. Need any help let me know.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/18/17 03:50 AM

Just thought of something.. Are the places to plug in the batteries at the Ramada?

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/18/17 04:29 AM

Yes. If you get one of the business class rooms in the back there are outlets all over that parking lot.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/18/17 01:51 PM

I believe you can stay at Tommy’s for 65$ an night for one person or 40$ per night if two or more, closer to the lake and safer for your boat. I don’t think you can get a room any cheaper at a motel but I could be wrong.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/19/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
I believe you can stay at Tommy’s for 65$ an night for one person or 40$ per night if two or more, closer to the lake and safer for your boat. I don’t think you can get a room any cheaper at a motel but I could be wrong.

In that case, I like that idea.. I honestly didn't even bother looking at prices after I saw pics of the place.. I'll be sure to check that out!

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/19/17 04:33 AM

In that case, I like that idea.. I honestly didn't even bother looking at prices after I saw pics of the place.. I'll be sure to check that out!

I just thought I'd throw that out there, it's nicer and closer to the lake and if I remember correctly it is cheaper. Whatever you decide just have fun.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/20/17 02:03 AM

I just thought I'd throw that out there, it's nicer and closer to the lake and if I remember correctly it is cheaper. Whatever you decide just have fun.

Tommys should always be your first call. By far the best option down there.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/21/17 01:23 AM

Thanks a bunch guys! I'll give Tommy a call soon.

I guess if y'all don't mind, have another question about the lake..

As I said, haven't been there since I was a kid.. Even when I did go, I was there with my mom while my dad was fishing some big championship bass tournament....

Are there any hazards as far as navigation goes on this lake or areas to watch out for (stumps, rocks, shallows.. etc?) I have updated lakes maps on my Garmins, but I try not to rely 100% on them... Doing that has put me on a sandbar before at 9 o'clock at night....

Thanks!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/21/17 01:32 AM

Everything is marked really well on your maps. Once you leave the safety of the river channel which has buoys. Then cut your speed way down and start zooming in to stay in the creek channels taking you into the canyons. You can very well be in 100 ft. one second and 5 ft or less the next.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/21/17 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Everything is marked really well on your maps. Once you leave the safety of the river channel which has buoys. Then cut your speed way down and start zooming in to stay in the creek channels taking you into the canyons. You can very well be in 100 ft. one second and 5 ft or less the next.

This is good info^^^^^^

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/21/17 01:46 AM

Don’t run in the dark, plenty of people have beached their boats while running before dawn.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/21/17 01:03 PM

If you launch out of Box Canyon stay left. 2ft comes on you quickly if you shoot straight out to the channel. Also Marker 15 I believe is not in place. Small cone is used for a marker and you will not see it. Be safe and enjoy. Cow creek has a lot of Stripers and Whites all the way in, as of yesterday.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/28/17 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: 6BOOMER
If you launch out of Box Canyon stay left. 2ft comes on you quickly if you shoot straight out to the channel. Also Marker 15 I believe is not in place. Small cone is used for a marker and you will not see it. Be safe and enjoy. Cow creek has a lot of Stripers and Whites all the way in, as of yesterday.

Putting in a Diablo East

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/28/17 10:34 PM

Take your hiking boots for Diablo east fish

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/28/17 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: 6BOOMER

Putting in a Diablo East

Why? Blackbrush, Air Force or box is the easiest, that walk at Diablo East will wear you out.

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/29/17 02:03 AM

They don't call it heart attack hill for nothing. fish

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/29/17 01:09 PM

It's a killer! splat

Re: Places to stay near Amistad - 11/29/17 01:42 PM

Dark blue water good-very light blue water bad when running. If you "beach" it while running, it will be on solid rock and wasted.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum