Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing this past weekend?

Posted By: B.Byars

Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 01:38 AM

Anybody else just slay em? I caught more fish and way better quality than usual, just weird. If I could figure out how to post pics i would add a couple.
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 02:02 AM

Not me! bang
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 02:07 AM

I fished a tourney on Saturday on a lake I'd never fished before.....wound up 3rd. Had a good time but never really found great fish. So, Sunday, I went to Joe Pool for redemption. I havnt been there in a few months. I would say it was easily in one of my top 10 trips for that lake. I caught around 14-15 fish. Doesn't sound like a lot, and it isn't. I have had 50-60 fish days on that lake. But! The size of yesterday's fish was a good change of pace. Joe Pool is a slot lake. And catching an over there each trip or two is common.....but I caught several. The most overs I caught in a day there, previously, was 3. Yesterday I caught 5. Not giants....the biggest was around 7-8lbs. But, it always fun to flip my bait and never feel a pop....just see the line start sliding off to the side. You KNOW it's gonna be a good one.
....it never gets old.

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 02:26 AM

I fish Trading house at least 2-3 times a month and usually catch around a 13-15 pound five fish limit and usually less than 20 bites. Its a mud bottom, cat tail lake. A couple months ago there was huge mats of milfoil and the bite was genereally good but quality was few and far between. Then the mats died and floated away and the water has dropped also. Most of the cat tails have around 6-8'' of water under them now and some deeper coon tail mats are formed up. Fishing off the bank in the 15-20' are isnt my favorite but i dont feel im bad at it. Still the bite wasnt all that great. I could always find big schools of bait fish but could never seem to get any action of them except early or late in the day. Well....last saturday my bag was 26 lbs. Big fish was a 9lber. Ive never caught over a 6 at this lake and talked to some of the other people at the boat ramp and they all said they did well also.

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 02:47 AM

Posted By: Legend08

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 05:33 AM

The cooler temps and rain really helped on our last day at Falcon.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 11:23 AM

I hate to hear this, we had a terrible day Saturday and Sunday, I was really hoping it was the fish and not just us. We had 6 dinks in 8.5 hours Saturday and 3 dinks in 5 hours on Sunday. We found huge schools of bait but never got a bite around any of them, all fish came in singles in areas where we couldn't find bait at all.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Legend08
The cooler temps and rain really helped on our last day at Falcon.

what do you mean by "HELPED" our last day at Falcon. Were the previous days poor fishing.
planning a trip down there .... I was told the fishing was excellent right now. Usually go and do well the first weekend of December but was going early due to the great fishing report.
?????
Posted By: Legend08

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 03:43 PM

Numbers were good, but size was hard to find. Finally got on a school of 5 to 6 pounders on Friday 11/10. Best five went 27 lbs. It was raining and 57 degrees on that day, seemed to turn on the bigger bite.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 04:29 PM

Fished Texoma and Grapevine over the weekend, Tex was tough on Saturday... we caught fish, including a few smallies but was not the fast and furious action we expected to have. Fish were SUPER scattered. Grapevine Sunday started out very good, then I got cut off an lost my cool... other than coming right back to the spot I was cut off on and catching a 6 lb toad, I never really got it going good again.

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/14/17 08:04 PM

I fished from 0730 to 1230 and caught 35 fish most were in the pound to pound in half range. My biggest were 9,5,5,4, and 3. I fished mostly 8 foot or shallower grass flats that backed up to cat tails. Caught most off of spinner and chatter but did get the swim jig out when i could find a couple crappie brush piles (Most of which you could see under water). Never found a spot where fish were super concentrated but they were definitely roaming.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/15/17 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: B.Byars
I fish Trading house at least 2-3 times a month and usually catch around a 13-15 pound five fish limit and usually less than 20 bites. Its a mud bottom, cat tail lake. A couple months ago there was huge mats of milfoil and the bite was genereally good but quality was few and far between. Then the mats died and floated away and the water has dropped also. Most of the cat tails have around 6-8'' of water under them now and some deeper coon tail mats are formed up. Fishing off the bank in the 15-20' are isnt my favorite but i dont feel im bad at it. Still the bite wasnt all that great. I could always find big schools of bait fish but could never seem to get any action of them except early or late in the day. Well....last saturday my bag was 26 lbs. Big fish was a 9lber. Ive never caught over a 6 at this lake and talked to some of the other people at the boat ramp and they all said they did well also.

That's outstanding for Tradinghouse, great job! I've herd it's getting low enough that its making launching hard, is that true? I've been wanting to get out there.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/15/17 02:15 AM

Greers Ferry saturday 15-20 mostly small. Couple nice small mouth. Buzz bait.

Brewer Sunday. 20+ mostly small best one might have been 2 pounds. Buzz bait and jerk baits.

Water temps high 50's and low 60's. Moderate wind.

Re: Fishing this past weekend? - 11/16/17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Txfiremn
Originally Posted By: B.Byars

That's outstanding for Tradinghouse, great job! I've herd it's getting low enough that its making launching hard, is that true? I've been wanting to get out there.

Yeah if you have a longer fiberglass boat i could see it being difficult but nothing you cannot manage. Definately use the main concrete boat ramp in the cove, it has around 3 foot of water at end of ramp. The other one like a foot of water at the end of ramp. i have a tracker so it only takes like 8'' to float hahaha.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum