Texas Fishing Forum

Honey Hole

Posted By: PAULS

Honey Hole - 11/12/17 03:02 PM

Is Honey Hole off the air? Website says not on Fox only on video stream now.
Posted By: PAULS

Re: Honey Hole - 11/12/17 03:06 PM

Dang, after scrolling other posts, I see their announcement. Watched for years and disappointed
Posted By: Bassinfool

Re: Honey Hole - 11/14/17 05:49 PM

When they did a magazine, I paid for 6 years in advance and it went belly up. Asked for a refund and NOTHING. it is all about the money and who is paying the extra to watch it.
Posted By: Drummond1

Re: Honey Hole - 11/14/17 05:59 PM

Don't be discouraged, their VOD is a good deal
Posted By: 361V

Re: Honey Hole - 11/14/17 06:00 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12451628/Honey_Hole_Update#Post12451628
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Honey Hole - 11/15/17 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Drummond1
Don't be discouraged, their VOD is a good deal

A voice of reason... grin de
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Honey Hole - 11/15/17 06:03 PM

Process to get VOD?

Re: Honey Hole - 11/15/17 06:42 PM

www.honeyhole.tv
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Honey Hole - 11/15/17 07:30 PM

Do you think there may be a special whereby you buy 2018 and get 16-17 for an extra $5?
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 02:21 AM

I am a current subscriber and plan on continuing in 2018.How many shows are you planning for 2018? When will the VOD season start in 2018? Thanks, Bill

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: LearnedHat
Do you think there may be a special whereby you buy 2018 and get 16-17 for an extra $5?

Unlikely that we price it for $5 but we plan to have options to buy the shows from years past in a bundle.

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: One fish Bill
I am a current subscriber and plan on continuing in 2018.How many shows are you planning for 2018? When will the VOD season start in 2018? Thanks, Bill

Tentative number for 2018 will be 20 shows. It will likely be early January before we have the package available.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 12:36 PM

Will there be anymore 2017 VOD shows?
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 01:40 PM

So was Oct 28 the the last show on tv?, if so there was no mention of it going off the air and that it was going foward with pay for view.

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: needmofish
So was Oct 28 the the last show on tv?, if so there was no mention of it going off the air and that it was going foward with pay for view.

Yes, and there were several mentions; here, Facebook and the website.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Honey Hole - 11/16/17 11:17 PM

I believe he was talking about during the show. I found it odd that Bill didn't reference the change.

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
I believe he was talking about during the show. I found it odd that Bill didn't reference the change.

Those shows were shot in September and I made the decision to shut down FOX in October. Not odd, they just didn't know at the time.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 07:46 AM

About the most over rated fishing show ever. Next to Bill Dance fishing in his private stocked tanks selling lures and deceiving people by the millions.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Longeye
About the most over rated fishing show ever. Next to Bill Dance fishing in his private stocked tanks selling lures and deceiving people by the millions.

^^^^this

I liked it though when the late Jerry Deen was hosting
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 10:41 AM

Strictly your opinion, not a fact. There are thousands including myself who would disagree with you. You never once heard Bill promote or mention a brand of anything, not even the boat he was in. Loved the show and Bill was special as a fisherman and as a man.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 11:42 AM

I signed up yesterday for the 2017 shows and will continue to be a "customer".
I have spent a lot of money hiring guides to show me the area lakes and give me some tips, but Bill can do the same thing on video for a lot less money.
Bill is a good host of the show. He's not "full of himself" like some other show hosts and he doesn't try to sell anything but fishing knowledge.
I hope you guys stick around a long time.
Good Luck
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Strictly your opinion, not a fact. There are thousands including myself who would disagree with you. You never once heard Bill promote or mention a brand of anything, not even the boat he was in. Loved the show and Bill was special as a fisherman and as a man.

I agree with The Aggie in theory. But come on... let's not make things up. Yeah, he's not like Barry touting the "21 foot Nitro", the "22 foot Mako", or "19 foot Tracker", but when bill got Talons, it was all he talked about for the entire spring. LOL. He even made fun of himself at one point for doing it.

Bubble Fry...

Carbonlite Rods (though not over the top). HumminBird... yes, he was a salesman, just nonchalant and less "carnival barker".

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 03:59 PM

Ridiculous comment about both Bill's...

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 03:59 PM

thumb

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: west tex angler

I signed up yesterday for the 2017 shows and will continue to be a "customer".
I have spent a lot of money hiring guides to show me the area lakes and give me some tips, but Bill can do the same thing on video for a lot less money.
Bill is a good host of the show. He's not "full of himself" like some other show hosts and he doesn't try to sell anything but fishing knowledge.
I hope you guys stick around a long time.
Good Luck

cheers

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: David Burton

I agree with The Aggie in theory. But come on... let's not make things up. Yeah, he's not like Barry touting the "21 foot Nitro", the "22 foot Mako", or "19 foot Tracker", but when bill got Talons, it was all he talked about for the entire spring. LOL. He even made fun of himself at one point for doing it.

Bubble Fry...

Carbonlite Rods (though not over the top). HumminBird... yes, he was a salesman, just nonchalant and less "carnival barker".

I find it interesting that fishermen love watching fishing shows but then disrespect the shows and their hosts for assisting in the promotion of the product and services of those very brands that are paying to support the content producers and provide these options for the viewers.

We've been very clear since we've owned the show that being profitable was the objective. We've worked hard in a tough sponsorship environment to garner partners and keep the show in the black while meeting our obligations/deliverables to those partners. With the move to strictly VOD, we will have minimal obligations and no commercials so perhaps that will suit those complaining about it, assuming they buy the VOD.

I think Bill does a good job at striking a balance between meeting those obligations and simply being real. To be clear "Bubble Fry or the companies making them" have never been a paying sponsor, much to my chagrin...
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

Bubble Fry...

I find it interesting that fishermen love watching fishing shows but then disrespect the shows and their hosts for assisting in the promotion of the product and services of those very brands that are paying to support the content producers and provide these options for the viewers.

We've been very clear since we've owned the show that being profitable was the objective. We've worked hard in a tough sponsorship environment to garner partners and keep the show in the black while meeting our obligations/deliverables to those partners. With the move to strictly VOD, we will have minimal obligations and no commercials so perhaps that will suit those complaining about it, assuming they buy the VOD.

I think Bill does a good job at striking a balance between meeting those obligations and simply being real. To be clear "Bubble Fry or the companies making them" have never been a paying sponsor, much to my chagrin...

You tell hime Jonesy! This guy (and all those like him) would give their left nut to have a TV show and have someone ask his opinions on fishing items and techniques. "They" are always the first to criticize and the first to be an "expert" at fishing "on-line", when in reality most do not know sh** from shinola ...

LMAO thumb clap bolt
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:23 PM

Why disrespect the host for promoting a sponsor? That is also their job! and 99% of the ones talking [censored] would be doing the same dang thing given the opportunity! This year was the first year I watched the show, and it quickly became a favorite. I thought Bill did a great job and all of the tips he gave was a HUGE bonus. When was the last time you have seen a host show the exact spots he was fishing on the graph? Yes, Bill Dance fishes all private ponds but that hasn't changed in 30 years. VOD subscription is in my future and loyalty to boot. Good job Mark, Bill and everyone else that makes Honey Hole happen.

fish on.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:29 PM

I partially see the posters point. Some shows have gone from entertainment to almost infomercial. Shaw Grigsby is a great example. When you are taking 3-5 minutes of content out every week to talk about your boat manufacturer, it got old fast. I NEVER saw Bill in that light. If he didn't say what bait he was catching fish on, he would have gotten beat up for not providing enough information. I loved the show and enjoyed talking to Bill when I got the chance. He was never shy about sharing his knowledge which was wide and varied. Best of luck with the VOD Mark. cheers
Posted By: Slade

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:38 PM

Its a great show, and I love the down home feel. Other fishing shows are ok, but this one is the best IMO, and Bill is an awesome fishermen and seems like a great, down to earth kind of guy
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:53 PM

Bill's a good guy, the show generally airs on local lakes, and his map tips are much appreciated

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
I partially see the posters point. Some shows have gone from entertainment to almost infomercial. Shaw Grigsby is a great example. When you are taking 3-5 minutes of content out every week to talk about your boat manufacturer, it got old fast. I NEVER saw Bill in that light. If he didn't say what bait he was catching fish on, he would have gotten beat up for not providing enough information. I loved the show and enjoyed talking to Bill when I got the chance. He was never shy about sharing his knowledge which was wide and varied. Best of luck with the VOD Mark. cheers

Thanks Tom, to shed a little light on what's happening in the TV world, due to almost all original airings of a show being recorded and consumed later, the actual commercials that brands pay for to run on network are simply being skipped over and there's less value to that deliverable. Therefore shows have to include product integration, call outs, special segments featuring certain products/services, etc. You get the point.

It forces TV properties to be creative and find other ways to add value beyond the simple commercial spot inclusion. A lot has changed and is going to change in the world of hunting/fishing TV shows, how they're delivered and how they're consumed. That I can promise you. That's one reason we are moving away from that model ahead of time.

Just look around at the rise of the "YouTubers" if you're confused about what your future holds... Maybe then ole Bill and VOD won't look so bad... Lol

My 2cents

soap

Posted By: just plain bill

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 04:54 PM

well, i really got into honey hole when it went hidef...then i started really appreciating bill, cuz he made you feel like you were on the boat watching while he gave you a free lesson...
bill dance is fun cuz it's an old pro and a good guy...
jimmy is fun just cuz he's fun...
roland always sells, and it's funny to watch him sneak a plug in...plus every fish he catches weighs 2lb more than actual weight...
zona is unwatchable...not remotely funny...

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 05:08 PM

You never once heard Bill promote or mention a brand of anything, not even the boat he was in.

I agree with The Aggie in theory. But come on... let's not make things up.

...yes, he was a salesman, just nonchalant and less "carnival barker".

Mark, just to clarify, because I think you are pushing back on the wrong person...

I agree, Bill was more my style! He is not the "in your face" type, he tells it real as much as he can! I appreciated the more honest approach. I was addressing Aggie am stating he never mentioned a brand. I think you know that's not true. I was just giving a few examples, sponsor or not.

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R

You tell hime Jonesy! This guy (and all those like him) would give their left nut to have a TV show and have someone ask his opinions on fishing items and techniques. "They" are always the first to criticize and the first to be an "expert" at fishing "on-line", when in reality most do not know sh** from shinola ...

LMAO thumb clap bolt

Not me, I am fat, balding, and can't fish worth ..... well, you know what I mean!
hide2

And I have the voice of a muppet! taz

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 05:24 PM

You never once heard Bill promote or mention a brand of anything, not even the boat he was in.

I agree with The Aggie in theory. But come on... let's not make things up.

...yes, he was a salesman, just nonchalant and less "carnival barker".

Mark, just to clarify, because I think you are pushing back on the wrong person...

I agree, Bill was more my style! He is not the "in your face" type, he tells it real as much as he can! I appreciated the more honest approach. I was addressing Aggie am stating he never mentioned a brand. I think you know that's not true. I was just giving a few examples, sponsor or not.

Not pushing back, just providing some feedback and insight from my perspective. The comment was for all in the thread.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom

This is about perfect in my eyes. While I was never a big fan of the show itself, the one thing they NEVER did was to turn it into sponsor fest to the point it made the show unwatchable (see Scott Martin Challenge and some others mentioned above). Sponsors are what make these and every show MONEY which is the only reason to have the show in the first place. However, when the sponsor plugs become THE show and take away from the entertainment aspect of it, then it will die a slow death IMO. We watch these shows for entertainment understanding they need sponsors and those sponsors need to get their bang for the buck but it can't become 50-75% of the total content. I sponsor a lot of organizations and have numerous ads all over the place, so I want my money's worth but if the places I run ads made their stuff 75% ads, the audience would stop paying attention.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 05:47 PM

I guess I should preface my statement so I don't upset the Honey hole followers.
**clears throat**
IN MY OPINION: Bill has a poor Television host presence.

I used to follow the show religiously when I was a teen and loved seeing him fish on local lakes that I knew but it grew old to me and now I just find it boring. lots of almost dead-air time and chuckling while throwing a C-rig bubble-fry... 2cents

Re: Honey Hole - 11/17/17 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
I guess I should preface my statement so I don't upset the Honey hole followers.
**clears throat**
IN MY OPINION: Bill has a poor Television host presence.

I used to follow the show religiously when I was a teen and loved seeing him fish on local lakes that I knew but it grew old to me and now I just find it boring. lots of almost dead-air time and chuckling while throwing a C-rig bubble-fry... 2cents

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. One guy doesn't like it, the next guy thinks it's the best show out there.

It's why I love the VOD so much. We put a price on it and if you're a fan and see the value of the learning and information Bill provides then you purchase it and we do all we can to over deliver on that exchange of value.

Everyone else can comment on how much they miss or don't miss the show, Jerry and the song...

Good stuff. Appreciate everyone who watches and will continue to.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum