Texas Fishing Forum

TM mounted skimmer...

Posted By: i-Fish

TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 02:01 AM

I’m mounting an HDI skimmer to an Ultrex and running the cable up. Is there anything I need to know ahead of time? Had one mounted to my Maxxum TM but I don’t know if the Ultrex operates differently and how it may affect the cord that I’m zip tying up the shaft.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 02:25 AM

Put a trolling motor shield saver on it. They work.

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 01:38 PM

Does the prop head spin completely around or is it limitied in the degree in which it spins around? I just don’t want to snap the skimmer cord from the head spinning around and around...
Posted By: javelin150

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 03:17 PM

https://youtu.be/UeUQVcFZhrw
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 03:29 PM

the trolling motor head spins just like the Maxxum, just put a small loop in the cord for slack purposes.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 03:43 PM

^^^^^
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 05:17 PM

Don't buy the Lowrance trolling motor adapter for it. I ordered one and couldn't believe it, but it's plastic. That thing wouldn't last me two trips here on the Red River. Order the one made by Transducer Shield & Saver.

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Cass Caldwell
Don't buy the Lowrance trolling motor adapter for it. I ordered one and couldn't believe it, but it's plastic. That thing wouldn't last me two trips here on the Red River. Order the one made by Transducer Shield & Saver.

Oddly enough I do have the Lowrance adapter. Never had any issue with it on my previous boat got stuck in the shallows and ran into chunk rocks, stumps and stick ups and never had an issue.

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 06:03 PM

Cool, glad to hear that. Never thought that thin plastic would hold up.

Originally Posted By: i-Fish

Oddly enough I do have the Lowrance adapter. Never had any issue with it on my previous boat got stuck in the shallows and ran into chunk rocks, stumps and stick ups and never had an issue.

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 06:15 PM

Well, to be fair, if it weren’t initially guarded by the skeg it wouldn’t stand a change. Considering the skeg takes the majority of the beating I don’t think you really need something heavy duty. Just don’t beat the tar out of the boat and it will suffice.

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 06:35 PM

This is the one that I just took off mine before getting the HDI. Still not sure the plastic would hold up to the way I fish.

Well, to be fair, if it weren’t initially guarded by the skeg it wouldn’t stand a change. Considering the skeg takes the majority of the beating I don’t think you really need something heavy duty. Just don’t beat the tar out of the boat and it will suffice.

Re: TM mounted skimmer... - 11/07/17 09:08 PM

You are probably correct! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum