Texas Fishing Forum

LBJ and Buchanan

Posted By: Minner Bucket

LBJ and Buchanan - 11/06/17 02:04 AM

Never been to either. Are they worth the trip from San Antonio? Looking to do a 2 day trip this week on Wednesday and Thursday and of course the weather is turning to carp those days. Can anyone provide lake conditions, hazards, and of course fishing patterns, PM is fine if you care to share. Also, I’ll probably stay in Marble Falls, so hotel info is appreciated, or if you know of a better place to stay please let me know.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: LBJ and Buchanan - 11/06/17 03:19 PM

They are definitely worth the drive, especially LBJ! I fish there a lot and it's a great lake. LBJ is clear to run all the way, just watch out for shallow points. As far as the fishing goes, find the grass and you'll find the bass. For tournaments I always stay at the La Quinta. It's a very nice hotel. Otherwise I just drive up in the morning. I've only been to Buchanan a few times so I'm of no help there. I have done well there in the river.
Posted By: BaylorLipRipper

Re: LBJ and Buchanan - 11/06/17 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
They are definitely worth the drive, especially LBJ! I fish there a lot and it's a great lake. LBJ is clear to run all the way, just watch out for shallow points. As far as the fishing goes, find the grass and you'll find the bass. For tournaments I always stay at the La Quinta. It's a very nice hotel. Otherwise I just drive up in the morning. I've only been to Buchanan a few times so I'm of no help there. I have done well there in the river.

thumb
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: LBJ and Buchanan - 11/07/17 12:55 AM

Thanks, might switch out Buchanan for Bastrop. Ramp info needed.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: LBJ and Buchanan - 11/07/17 01:50 AM

If you don't mind staying in older but up kept cabins I highly recommend Little Lodge on the Lake in Kingsland. Owned by the nicest folks on earth, Linda and Neal. They have their own ramp so you don't have to drive anywhere to launch. Our club stays there, plenty of parking, bbq grills, very relaxing place. Tell them Ken sent you. You won't be disappointed. (325)388-4757
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum