Texas Fishing Forum

Fall Bass Fishing 2017

Posted By: mbalb61

Fall Bass Fishing 2017 - 11/05/17 11:27 PM

The weather has finally cooled down this past week in the Midwest. Water temps have fallen below 60 degrees and the bass are starting to move shallow and feed. I started out throwing a crankbait but only the a couple small ones. I then moved to the back of one of the coves and started throwing a jig to some laydowns. Trying out a new trailer made by Reaction Innovations called the Twerk. I chose the color Taco Truck cause it matches the colors of the crawfish in my area. I caught a couple of better fish back in the cove but I don't think the really good fish have moved there yet. So I went out to the main lake and fish the deeper laydowns. I was pleasantly rewarded.

I have never seen the Twerk before in my area and I think I might have found be a new trailer.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fall Bass Fishing 2017 - 11/06/17 12:46 AM

Record heat here in Texas the last few days......but thanks for teasing us.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Fall Bass Fishing 2017 - 11/06/17 01:49 AM

How that was excellent mbalb61. Best video I have seen in a long time. I love the river and creek systems this time of year. I have been telling all my customers to get up the river systems to the high banks where the beaver and wind can put those lay-down in the water. Now is the time to do this and many have access off a road a few miles away form the main lake. Our shad have not moved that far up the system; so the larger fish are not just zeroed in on live bait at this point.

Super day. Thanks for sharing your techniques and baits. Love your alum. boat and it is well equipped.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Fall Bass Fishing 2017 - 11/06/17 02:56 AM

Nice video!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Fall Bass Fishing 2017 - 11/06/17 04:21 AM

What a great day you had there!

Just saw the long range forecast for our area

Supposed to be a warm Thanksgiving.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum