Texas Fishing Forum

Need a good carp recipe

Posted By: daniel75633

Need a good carp recipe - 03/31/16 02:25 AM

Caught some nice carp about 3 weeks ago with my brother we filled them and are in the freezer, just wanting a good recipe fried preferably thanks in advance
Posted By: Mike Doran

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 03/31/16 03:37 AM

Mmmmm......Best carp recipe I've seen in years!

3 carp (about 5 lbs.)
5 T. Butter, melted
1 bottle very cheap white wine
Parsley
Lemon slices
12x2x4-in. plank

Place carp on plank and pour melted butter over both.

Place plank and carp on smoker for 12 hours. During the 12 hours, drink the very cheap bottle of white wine.

Remove plank and carp from smoker and garnish with lemon and parsley. Then remove the carp and eat the plank.

Enjoy!

Serves: 0
Calories: (depends on if you drank the white wine)
Posted By: Mike Doran

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 03/31/16 03:47 AM

Just cut out the blood line for less fishy taste and then cut filets into nugget sized chunks. Dip in egg wash then your favorite fish fry. I like the spicey ones! Fry at 350 until they float and coating is golden brown. Taste kinda like cod. Serve with fresh lemon and tartar sauce is the way I did it. I have tried a carp and buffalo once. The Buffalo tasted better I think and had bigger filets.
Posted By: Max_S

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 03/31/16 03:03 PM

My problem with eating carp isn't the flavor of the meat (which isn't great, but as far as I'm concerned it beats supermarket tilapia by light years). The problem is that I have yet to find a good way of filleting out the Y-bones. I've tried the "scoring" method (cutting a notch into the fillet where the Y-bones are and deep frying), but the bones are still intact enough to choke on. Picking them out one by one is too much trouble.

Perhaps I'll try pickling them next time.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 03/31/16 03:04 PM

1.Filet Carp
2.Throw fillets in garbage
3.Make a PB&J sammich
Posted By: BearfootGypsie

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 04/06/16 07:17 PM

clap^^^ THIS ^^^ clap
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 04/06/16 09:32 PM

I actually had some carp some old Cajun coon***** supposedly cooked in a pressure cooker and made almost a type of salmon patty out of them. From what I remember it was actually pretty good. Either that or all of the crawdads and beer I had could have made it just seem like it was good. They were from so far back in the swamp I couldn't hardly understand a word they were saying. But after a few hours I had Yak tongue so bad they probably couldn't understand me either. It was something else sitting around the campfire after dark and everyone there seemed like they could play some instrument. Kids from about the age of 3 to grandpa's in their 90's. They played all night long, Cajun and bluegrass music. The next day trying to fish was a day I will never ever forget. Bring on the carp!
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 04/14/16 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: TBassYates
I actually had some carp some old Cajun coon***** supposedly cooked in a pressure cooker and made almost a type of salmon patty out of them. From what I remember it was actually pretty good. Either that or all of the crawdads and beer I had could have made it just seem like it was good. They were from so far back in the swamp I couldn't hardly understand a word they were saying. But after a few hours I had Yak tongue so bad they probably couldn't understand me either. It was something else sitting around the campfire after dark and everyone there seemed like they could play some instrument. Kids from about the age of 3 to grandpa's in their 90's. They played all night long, Cajun and bluegrass music. The next day trying to fish was a day I will never ever forget. Bring on the carp!

My grandfather never threw away a carp when we would fish. My grandmother did something similar to what your talking about and we ate them like Salmon Croquettes. As a kid I never knew the difference.

We have also thrown them on the smoker and they were pretty tasty. Like mentioned get rid of the red veins.
Posted By: john h

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 04/16/16 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
1.Filet Carp
2.Throw fillets in garbage
3.Make a PB&J sammich

Or go straight to #2 and avoid the work.
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 04/18/16 12:49 AM

Carp are for bait not to eat.If you must eat. Bake on a hard wood board.When done feed carp to cat and eat board.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 04/18/16 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Freeman Clark
Carp are for bait not to eat.If you must eat. Bake on a hard wood board.When done feed carp to cat and eat board.

How to insult the cat. Sorry, but carp isn't edible in my book. They taste like the slime on the bottom of the pond.
Posted By: 30ft jon boat

Re: Need a good carp recipe - 05/16/16 09:22 PM

just for fun on thur.i shot a carp and a buffalo while catfishing.i filleted the carp and buff the carp has red meat and the buff had white meat seasoned both with my rib rub and smoked over pecan till meat was flaky the carp tasted like dirt and the buff was surprisingly good.the meat wasn't worth the effort due to the pin bones but the rib cages were easily deboned.i probably won't do it again but at least i can say i have tried it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum