Texas Fishing Forum

Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe

Posted By: Luke57

Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 03/28/13 03:59 PM

Lookin for something different in a cocktail sauce any ideas
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 03/28/13 04:21 PM

Luke, I use Ketchup, LOTS of grated horseradish, lemon juice, worchestershire sauce, a dab of mustard, black pepper and a few shakes of Tabasco.

I know that's not a recipe per se, but works for me. I use almost as much horseradish as I do ketchup, but I like it spicy. Reduce horseradish to taste.
Posted By: Busboy

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 03/31/13 05:04 PM

Yep me too --- I use the same as fourman -- some times i add some onion powder and garlic.

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 03/31/13 05:18 PM

I used fourman recip and made another one with grated ginger instead of horseradish not to bad
Posted By: FishFear Me

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/03/13 12:29 AM

Sounds like yall are making the start of a good bloody Mary also

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/03/13 01:58 AM

That's what I did with some of it worked out well
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/04/13 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Luke, I use Ketchup, LOTS of grated horseradish, lemon juice, worchestershire sauce, a dab of mustard, black pepper and a few shakes of Tabasco.

I know that's not a recipe per se, but works for me. I use almost as much horseradish as I do ketchup, but I like it spicy. Reduce horseradish to taste.

I do the same but I add some garlic powder.
Posted By: Fisher Jack

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/12/13 12:39 PM

Different: Try "Mexican Seafood Cocktail" All the same ingredients for Pico De Gallo: chopped tomato, chopped Jalepeno, onion, cilantro,lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, then add Heinz Chili sauce (next to the ketchup in the store), add your fish or shrimp or crab(cooked in crab boil) or all 3 mixed, then place in a Sundae dish and top with chopped avocado. Best seafood cocktail you will ever eat.
Posted By: Spondoly

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/12/13 03:57 PM

Now that sounds YUMMY . Thanks Fisher Jack......I will give that a try!!!!!
Posted By: throwback

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/12/13 08:04 PM

"Vuelva A La Vida" and don't forget the fresh lime wedges and you can add some fresh shucked oysters for a real treat.
Posted By: DJTripleR

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/12/13 08:57 PM

I do the same as Fisher except for the Heinz. I use Clamato and about half as much ketchup.

I also make a spicy ketchup/cocktail sauce that my dad use to make. Everyone that has tried it on fried Fish/shrimp has loved it. I use 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tsp mustard, 2 tsp bbq sauce and Tabasco to desired spiciness.

Re: Lookin for a cocktail sauce recipe - 04/12/13 09:48 PM

Fisher Jack for your first post that was a good one. Welcome to the forum
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum