Texas Fishing Forum

Macaroni and Cheese.

Posted By: Kattelyn

Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/27/13 01:46 AM

Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 lb elbow macaroni - boiled until just tender, drain, and let rest in a large mixing bowl.

Add 1 tablespoon melted butter
1 large egg beaten
A dash of pepper.
Mix 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, and 1 tablespoon hot water together and mix in well. Add 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese and mix well and turn into a buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/2 c cheese over the top and pour in a cup of milk. Bake for 45 minutes at 350F
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/27/13 03:23 AM

Bless you...
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/27/13 03:25 AM

Thanks, I'm going to do that. I've wanted to make some mac and cheese that didn't start out in a box.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/28/13 03:52 PM

This has been my mothers for 50+ years. So simple that you think it wouldn't taste good but you need to try it before you judge it.

1 lg. pkg. shells
1 box velvetta
1/2 c. milk
1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 T. seasoned pepper

1. Prepare shells according to pkg. directions with salt added to water. Drain.
2. Melt velvetta, milk, sugar and pepper in microwave. 2 min. stir, 2 min. stir, etc. until creamy.
3. Pour over shells and stir.

We usually eat it right out of the pot while its creamy and hot. If it's too thick, just add more milk.
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/28/13 05:03 PM

Both recipes sound VERY good. My wife adds some Gouda and White goat cheese to her (special) mix and it is good
1/2 cup of gouda 1/2 cup white.
im gonna go to krogers and get 2 of those things from kraft that U cook in micro. im going soooon, U done got me hungry
Posted By: smithjohn

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/02/13 02:30 PM

I just love macaroni dishes.I have made so many recipes of Marconi.But this one is superb.I have become fan of that forum.
Thanks.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/03/13 03:07 PM

Sounds great!
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/09/13 09:33 PM

i know velveeta is considered low grade and fake cheese, but processed cheese like that works waay better for stuff like mac and cheez and grilled cheese. regular cheese gets oily imo
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/10/13 02:15 PM

this will be done today!

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/11/14 05:05 PM

bump for supper tonight. Adding sausage and broccoli and making a meal of it.
Posted By: Ryno

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/11/14 06:42 PM

Pictures or none of the above really truly happened!! smile

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 02/12/14 01:04 AM

Here you go.
I did tweak the recipe for us a little bit. Added some onion, smoked sausage, and broccoli. With a cheesy crumb crust.

Sharp cheddar, monterrey jack, and parmesan cause I wanted to mix it up a bit.

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/07/18 04:31 PM

bump
Posted By: Cast

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/07/18 04:46 PM

Been craving it lately. I scratch make it on the stove top.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/18/18 05:11 PM

I make mine using the big elbow noodles and adding Velveta cheese and milk simple and good!! food
Posted By: metalman BDB

Re: Macaroni and Cheese. - 03/26/18 05:53 PM

I have to make Mac/cheese for thanksgiving every year to feed a big family.

5 boxes of large shells cooked about half way in water..in a VERY large aluminum pan or hard pan layer first row of Mac. slice up stick butter and spread it around some. slice up velveta with a cheese slicer and layer that in and the sq's pieces should almost be touching each other. Build 2 more additional layers or 3 if you have enough. Lots of butter and cheese! I use 3 blocks of velveta and 3 sticks of butter when I make it. When you get it to the top fill pan with milk....pepper the hell out of it. Bake. I'll add tin foil over it to keep Mac from getting to brown on top. You will need to stir it up a couple times and add more cheese . Once done add milk if needed to keep it moist. The cheese gets into the cave of the mac (thats why you want to use shells). You can eat on for days, just add milk when you re heat it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum