Texas Fishing Forum

Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell

Posted By: Longeye

Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/07/11 07:23 PM

Well, I have read on here more than once about this place. Just so happened that I was in that area today working and had a vendor take me there for lunch.

For those of you that said the brisket was all dried out, your dead right! I had brisket and those turkey poppers (which were actually not bad).

Id never go in there and spend my own money on brisket. In all honesty, it was probably one of the worst brisket that I have had in a Q place. The sausage, chicken and pork chop looked pretty decent though?

Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/07/11 08:34 PM

brisket is better than their sauce. but you are right on.

Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/08/11 12:11 PM

The TFF Christmas Party was held there 3 (?) years ago. I love baby back ribs. The guy in front of me got 3 ribs off of a rack and I bought the rest of it with a side of beans and a drink. Got to admit the ribs were delicious but I about fainted when the bill came to $32.

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/08/11 12:32 PM

guy at work ordered i guess everything, his bill was $54.00.no beer

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/08/11 12:50 PM

That price for one person is ridiculous. I've still got dried brisket in my teeth that I couldn't get out. Never again...

Posted By: greenen

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/08/11 02:12 PM

Looks cool driving by it though.........

Posted By: deucer02

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/11/11 10:31 PM

When I hunted south Texas, I couldn't go thru Brady without stopping at the Hard 8 for chopped brisket on jalapeno bread. Best sammy in Texas. Don't know about the rest of them.

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/12/11 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: deucer02
When I hunted south Texas, I couldn't go thru Brady without stopping at the Hard 8 for chopped brisket on jalapeno bread. Best sammy in Texas. Don't know about the rest of them.
now that sound's good. will try that.

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/13/11 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Longeye
That price for one person is ridiculous. I've still got dried brisket in my teeth that I couldn't get out. Never again...

I guess we just get charged cheaper cause today that is where one of my daughter's wanted to go for lunch. Four people each picking 2 kinds of meat, some poppers, a couple of sides each, 4 drinks and 2-3 desserts came in at about $50.00. No one left hungry and it was good just as it usually is. Not the best BBQ I have ever had but my family enjoys going there.

Re: Hard Eight's BBQ in Coppell - 11/13/11 03:11 AM

It does smell and look like a good Q joint. As stated, I should have got the sausage and chicken or maybe ribs, but never again the brisket.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum