Texas Fishing Forum

Bacon cinnamon rolls

Posted By: Kattelyn

Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/26/09 08:56 AM

Okay, yes, I'm cheating, but I'm making breakfast in about.... 5 hours (doggone insomnia) and I don't want to work my lil keister off making bread a few times. If you want to make cinnamon rolls from scratch, get my bread recipe, and when you turn the dough out to punch it down, cut it into strips, coat with cinnamon sugar butter mixture, then continue.

Get a can of cinnamon rolls - unroll and add 1/2 a strip of bacon, then roll back up again and treat as directed on the can. Oh holy mother of pete they're amazing!

Before cooking...

After!

Posted By: Jared Nic

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/27/09 03:31 AM

I'm gonna try that,might sound weird to other people but I like the salty sweet combination.
Posted By: Sooner Claus

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/27/09 04:57 PM

Bacon makes everything better.
Posted By: John L

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/28/09 02:51 AM

MMMMMMMMMM......got milk?
Posted By: DryBass

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/10/09 04:39 AM

This looks like greatness!!!!

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/10/09 04:43 AM

That indeed it is. food
Posted By: chuckwagon

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/10/09 12:57 PM

Kattelyn? Do you have the number of a good cardiologist that I can put on SPEED DIAL before I make those cinnamon rolls?

Hurry! I'm getting chest tribulations just looking at those pics!! grin bouncy grin

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/10/09 06:24 PM

Nope, but I'm sure somebody's got a good set of jumper cables. We'll get ya right as rain in no time!
Posted By: chuckwagon

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/10/09 09:09 PM

Thanks Kattelyn...you are all heart! grin

Love your posts! smile
Posted By: nascardriver

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/10/09 09:15 PM

Man those look goooooooddddddd, think I will try those Saturday Mornin.....
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/12/09 02:38 PM

Well I am eating one right now.
Believe it or not it is good.
But I think I will wait a few hours before I measure my blood sugar level.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/12/09 10:48 PM

Grandpa, I do know they made sugar free cinnamon rolls in the can. I've made 'em before for my sister and father in law. It may take some looking to find them, but I know for a fact I've seen them at kroger.
Posted By: Kev®

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/13/09 12:17 AM

just wondering if the bacon is fully cooked in the time it takes to cook the cinnamon rolls? Or would it be a good idea to maybe cook the bacon in the microwave a little bit before you put it in the roll? Sounds really good!

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/13/09 01:10 AM

Its fully cooked by the time the rolls are done. Look at the pics! Its not crispy, but its done.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/13/09 03:19 AM

Mine was done. It is good. Different taste sensation. I made mine with jumbo cinnamon rolls and thick cut Wrigts bacon. If you are worried about it not being done enough I woild suggest using thin sliced bacon or maybe even try the micro wave ready bacon (probably a sacrilage to a true bacon lover but still worth a try).

Posted By: Kev®

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/13/09 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by grandpa75672
Mine was done. It is good. Different taste sensation. I made mine with jumbo cinnamon rolls and thick cut Wrigts bacon. If you are worried about it not being done enough I woild suggest using thin sliced bacon or maybe even try the micro wave ready bacon (probably a sacrilage to a true bacon lover but still worth a try).

Thanks grandpa, Will have to give it a try but will probably go with the thin sliced bacon.
Posted By: Mike-thetoolman

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/14/09 02:03 AM

Tried it loved it had trouble finding cinnimmon roll that would un roll. finally got stor brand it worked great.. any more bacon reciepts bring im on---thanks a bunchhh. mike
Posted By: nascarchuck

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/18/09 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Okay, yes, I'm cheating, but I'm making breakfast in about.... 5 hours (doggone insomnia) and I don't want to work my lil keister off making bread a few times. If you want to make cinnamon rolls from scratch, get my bread recipe, and when you turn the dough out to punch it down, cut it into strips, coat with cinnamon sugar butter mixture, then continue.

Get a can of cinnamon rolls - unroll and add 1/2 a strip of bacon, then roll back up again and treat as directed on the can. Oh holy mother of pete they're amazing!

What kind of cinnamon rolls did you use? I bought Pillsbury (I think) and it was a disaster! They dont unroll. I did half with bacon and half without. Neither half turned out good. bang

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/18/09 03:08 PM

Kroger store brand most likely. Sorry the first attempt didn't work for you!

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/18/09 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Kroger store brand most likely. Sorry the first attempt didn't work for you!

Thanks... Next time I'm a Kroger, I'll try to remember to grab a can or two!

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/18/09 10:53 PM

Got mine at Walmart. There store brand jumbos, 5 rolls per can.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/18/09 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
Got mine at Walmart. There store brand jumbos, 5 rolls per can.

Sounds good gramps! thumb

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/20/09 05:07 AM

OK... Bought WalMart brand rolls. Will try to cook em in the morn... popcorn

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/20/09 04:25 PM

Well Chuck? Report?

Sausage gravy and biscuits here.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/20/09 04:40 PM

OK... Just tried them. Not bad at all...

I just wish that the bacon would had cooked a little more. Next time I will cook the bacon just a little bit in the microwave before hand.

Still waiting on the wife and son to try them. I know he will like it but she is awful picky. She probably wont even try them... bang

Oh, I was at WalMart last night and bought the rolls that Gramps recommended. Much better than the other ones. thumb

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/21/09 01:45 PM

Very very cool. Its a work in progress, but I'm glad you liked the concept smile
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/21/09 06:47 PM

Well, I tried them Sunday morning I only used 4 rolls out of8 in container, We had My MIL she or wife would not try them, I had 1 then I took bacon out of others, the bacon was not done enough I may do as Gramps said microwave a little then try again.
I served thwem with this
1 16oz can mild salsa
1 15 oz can black beans rinsed
put in skillet stir around bring to low boil let some liquid evaporate, the use spoon make holes or boats in mixture, crack
1 egg in each hole, cover simmer 4-5 minutes until eggs done,
scoop out and serve with sour cream and chips, it was kinda good.
Posted By: Mike-thetoolman

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/26/09 02:42 AM

Chuck i used a whole slice of bacon make sure its thin sliced & cook a little longer--Im like you I want my bacon crisp.--it was great.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 05/17/10 04:07 AM

bump

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 04/15/13 11:48 AM

bump

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/25/13 07:58 PM

I make these every year for thanksgiving morning. Its the only time I do but I'm going to be cooking all day and its just a taste of a goodie.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/20/17 09:38 PM

bump
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/21/17 12:29 AM

Oh heck yeah! The only way I’ll fix them from now on.

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 11/21/17 01:20 AM

We twiddled with this quite a bit before getting it perfect and everybody has their own take on it.

I still only make it once a year. It’s just too bad for you to indulge more often.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Bacon cinnamon rolls - 12/04/17 01:28 PM

Anything with bacon is good
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum