Texas Fishing Forum

Salmon Patties

Posted By: V-Bottom

Salmon Patties - 12/08/22 02:21 AM

I need a good recipe please...
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Salmon Patties - 12/08/22 02:29 AM

The carp is fillet''. The bigger bones cut out.

The tiny little bones. You pressure cook it. Then it's added to the recipe. .
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Salmon Patties - 12/08/22 05:58 AM

No recipe perse but when I make them I mix 1-2 eggs per can along with crushed saltines and finely diced onions. Best to use your clean hands and mix everything in a bowl and again use your hands to shape the patties. I fry them in olive oil over medium heat. Sorry I don't measure anything. Bread crumbs would work also but I prefer saltines. Someone will probably give you better instructions. Very easy and pretty tasty. The eggs and saltines are just to give patties the right consistency.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Salmon Patties - 12/08/22 03:27 PM

I bake mine in the oven on a pizza stone instead of frying to be healthier. I do not measure anything.
2 small cans of boneless pink salmon.
Onion - diced very small
Jalapeno/ diced very small (optional)
Saltine Crackers/ Ritz Crackers/ Pork Rinds to be Keto friendly
Egg
Grey Poupon or reg. mustard
Lemon juice
Dill
Old Bay seasoning
Black pepper
Bake @ 400 for about 30-40minutes. Turn patties over after 20 minutes.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Salmon Patties - 12/08/22 08:04 PM

https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/salmon-cakes-recipe/

That's the basis for mine, except I eliminate the mayo (just can't even imagine why you'd use it) and I add a diced jalapeno pepper, like TPACK does. I also add about 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.

And while you didn't ask for it, this is a similar recipe for tuna and sweet potato patties that you can bake. You don't really taste the tuna...one of my favorite dinners. I do not use zucchini and I add dijon mustard to the recipe, about 2 tsps.

https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/tuna-and-sweet-potato-patties
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Salmon Patties - 12/08/22 10:22 PM

i love em, but every time i attempt it, they don't stick together so well. taste great, but not the consistency of Mom's(or those pictured, which look great).
Posted By: DJB

Re: Salmon Patties - 12/13/22 04:40 PM

Look up Bruce Mitchell on utube. Swamp People guy. He's got alot of cooking videos. One is salmon patties made with stove top stuffing. I've cooked it a few times. Not bad.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum