Texas Fishing Forum

I like Big Butts...

Posted By: JIM SR.

I like Big Butts... - 12/04/21 01:24 AM

[Linked Image]

bought this Pork butt at Albertson's today, 10 1/2 pound, regular price was $24.oo, we paid $9.oo food chef
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I like Big Butts... - 12/23/21 03:48 AM

food Mighty fine!
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: I like Big Butts... - 12/23/21 01:43 PM

Nice! food
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: I like Big Butts... - 12/24/21 12:59 PM

thumb
Posted By: Les Ems

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/07/22 02:21 PM

If you are not feeding an Army, what do you do with all the extra meat? Does it freeze ok if you use the Food Savor? Any suggestions? I have done several butts but it was always for a fairly large group and never much left over.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/07/22 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Les Ems
If you are not feeding an Army, what do you do with all the extra meat? Does it freeze ok if you use the Food Savor? Any suggestions? I have done several butts but it was always for a fairly large group and never much left over.

you can freeze it without the food saver, but just not as long. I like to keep it around and use it for various things. sandwiches, chinese etc.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/07/22 07:27 PM

shred it, divided into fourths and froze it. Thaw it out, add BBQ and buns,...great.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/07/22 08:55 PM

we try to take advantage of sales too. i cut the big meats up as soon as i get home and vac seal the smaller pieces. if it has a bone, a saws all with a new metal blade cuts thru em pretty good. that piece of meat sure looks good!
Posted By: Tneel

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/08/22 02:31 AM

My leftover pulled pork doesn't last long,between sammiches and nachos. Pulled pork nachos are greatness!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/08/22 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Les Ems

It freezes fine. I fix a butt for family gatherings or church dinners. There are just two of us here at home so I divide the leftovers into 1/2 lb. freezer bags, date the bag with a sharpie marker and use them for fantastic pulled pork nachos, tacos, lettuce wraps, sandwiches, etc. Just use your imagination.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/08/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tneel
My leftover pulled pork doesn't last long,between sammiches and nachos. Pulled pork nachos are greatness!

[Linked Image]

food

This thread is worth following! cheers
Posted By: Trickster

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/11/22 04:24 PM

azn
Posted By: El_Tortuga

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/14/22 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tneel

[Linked Image]

Nice. Will take inspiration on this by Sunday at the latest
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/14/22 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
shred it, divided into fourths and froze it. Thaw it out, add BBQ and buns,...great.

It's good to add it to a pot of beans too, the flavor is very concentrated and comes out in the stock.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: I like Big Butts... - 01/23/22 12:41 PM

Gooood......you must be kin to Moto.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum