Texas Fishing Forum

Turkey on the Big Easy

Posted By: gregpaul

Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/21/21 12:17 PM

How do you season your’s? Brine or no brine?
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/21/21 01:41 PM

Definitely brine
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/21/21 03:47 PM

No brine. I inject with Tony Chachere’s. Keeps it nice and moist. Also adds a lot of flavor.

Coat the outside with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite rub. I use Tony Chachere’s no salt seasoning and garlic salt.

Jimmy
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/21/21 10:39 PM

!/4 cup of packed lite brown sugar
1 tbls of smoked paprika
1 tbls of poultry seasoning
1 tbls of ancho chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of kosher salt
Olive Oil for the binder

For a 14 lb. turkey "Spatchcocked" on the smoker
Inject with your favorite juice!! Turkey is naturally a dry bird
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/22/21 12:35 AM

Inject with Tony Chacheres creole butter and season heavily with Tony Chacheres seasoning. Cook till breast is 165 IT.
You can't go wrong
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/23/21 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fourjs
No brine. I inject with Tony Chachere’s. Keeps it nice and moist. Also adds a lot of flavor.

Coat the outside with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite rub. I use Tony Chachere’s no salt seasoning and garlic salt.

Jimmy

that's a solid recommendation
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/24/21 02:46 PM

Jimmy

I’m cooking a bone in breast and thighs this year instead of a whole turkey. Just finished up the injection and seasoning. Sitting in a turkey cooking bag soaking up all that good stuff.

Ready for the Big Easy tomorrow. Should be a pretty quick cook. An hour maybe a little more.

Jimmy
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Turkey on the Big Easy - 11/24/21 05:02 PM

Jimmy

I’m cooking a bone in breast and thighs this year instead of a whole turkey. Just finished up the injection and seasoning. Sitting in a turkey cooking bag soaking up all that good stuff.

Ready for the Big Easy tomorrow. Should be a pretty quick cook. An hour maybe a little more.

Jimmy

Use a Thermapen if you have one and cook to temp of 165-170 for breast and 180 for thighs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum