Texas Fishing Forum

How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass

Posted By: Sethmac

How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 08/21/21 03:16 PM

Buddy needed some help vacuum sealing some sandbass so I went ahead and documented my process. Seems to work to keep them firm on defrost. Any tips from others?

Posted By: psalty

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 08/21/21 06:42 PM

Thanks Seth-good info and I appreciate it. Have a grand day and blessed weekend !
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 08/22/21 03:39 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm always interested in learning new waves to process fish. thumb
Posted By: Sethmac

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 08/23/21 02:06 AM

It works well for me...the par-freezing helps as previously the vac sealer would suck out all the moisture.
Posted By: MuglyFish

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 08/30/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sethmac
It works well for me...the par-freezing helps as previously the vac sealer would suck out all the moisture.

Thanks for this, I never have partially freeze the fish and always pull moisture out when sealing. I definitely will try this.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 09/02/21 01:06 AM

I have a very special method for sandbass, I throw it in the trash and go catch literally anything else roflmao
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 09/06/21 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
I have a very special method for sandbass, I throw it in the trash and go catch literally anything else roflmao

Poor taste and bad judgement generally go hand in hand.😂

I generally place 4-8 filets,depending on size,in a Ziploc freezer bag and fill with water.After forcing air out of bag its off to the freezer.I'll have to try your method.........mine can be a pain in the azz
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 10/24/21 12:25 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How I Vac Seal and Freeze Sandbass - 10/24/21 03:42 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum