Texas Fishing Forum

Cajun Smoked Chicken......

Posted By: V-Bottom

Cajun Smoked Chicken...... - 10/29/20 08:11 PM

This may sound a bit odd but take a whole chicken and submerge the bird in Tobasco Sauce over night. Nothing else. Spatchcock it or smoke whole at 230*F. If you think the bird will have too much heat to eat.......it's not.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Cajun Smoked Chicken...... - 10/29/20 09:13 PM

that's a buncha tabasco right there. have to go to Avery Island to get that much Lol! or Sam's.
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Cajun Smoked Chicken...... - 10/29/20 09:15 PM

That sounds good. Did the Sauce penetrate into the meat like a traditional marinade or just sit in top? Always looking for different ways to cook chickens.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Cajun Smoked Chicken...... - 10/30/20 12:39 PM

Fish fillets are real good soaked in Tabasco before breading. The heat cooks out of Tabasco but the flavor stays. It was about 40 yrs. ago in Louisiana first time I saw it used I thought the guy was crazy.
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Cajun Smoked Chicken...... - 10/30/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
This may sound a bit odd but take a whole chicken and submerge the bird in Tobasco Sauce over night. Nothing else. Spatchcock it or smoke whole at 230*F. If you think the bird will have too much heat to eat.......it's not.

Originally Posted by slim1
Fish fillets are real good soaked in Tabasco before breading. The heat cooks out of Tabasco but the flavor stays. It was about 40 yrs. ago in Louisiana first time I saw it used I thought the guy was crazy.

Yes, Tabasco, Franks, Sriracha, Cohula are all good but with different flavors. and will soak in if put under skin it will hold it there for extra spicy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum