Texas Fishing Forum

Recipe?

Posted By: FishinTime

Recipe? - 01/05/20 02:13 AM

Anyone have a good Jambalaya recipe and a good shrimp etouffee recipe? Used to get my fix at Razoos or Pappadeux. None around here though. Time to try making it myself.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Recipe? - 01/05/20 03:53 AM

Jambalaya

take 2 packages of Eckrich sausage and cut into pieces about 1/4" to 3/8" long. Sprinkle lightly with cajun seasoning and Brown in a skillet. Put the sausage in a large pot. Now chop up 1 large Bell Pepper, 1 medium onion and 3 stalks of celery. Saute these in the skillet you cooked the sausage in. Cook until the onions start to turn clear. Add them to the pot with the sausage. Also add 1 medium can of Cream of Chicken soup, 1 medium can of chicken broth, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of Worcheshire sauce and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Bring the pot to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. While that is cooking cut 1 pork tenderloin in to quarter size pieces(there are usually 2 tenderloins to a package) and brown in the skillet. After the 20 minutes add the tenderloin pieces and simmer for 15 more minutes. At this time add 1 box of Zaterains Jambalaya mix and 1 box of dirty rice mix and 3 cups of water. Cook until rice is done(it will get soft) usually 30 to 45 minutes.
now if you don;t like this you don't have enough Cajun in you
Posted By: FishinTime

Re: Recipe? - 01/05/20 05:17 AM

Dang that sounds good !! That will be in mah belly soon !! I’ll post back after I make it. Thank you sir.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum