Texas Fishing Forum

Bacon Grease Chicken

Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/18/19 05:50 PM

Next time you cook bacon for breakfast, leave a little grease in the pan (just enough to coat the pan) and cook some boneless chicken breasts for lunch or dinner. Heat the bacon grease to medium high and put 2 chicken breasts cut in to 4 pieces in the pan. Lightly garlic salt and pepper one side and saute the chicken for about 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts. Flip around 5-6 times while cooking. When done, let the chicken cool about 5 minutes and enjoy.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/18/19 09:58 PM

Would!
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/19/19 12:37 AM

You might want to add a little chopped onion with that also....
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/19/19 12:48 AM

After you fry an injected and seasoned turkey use that oil to deep fry fish or venison, adds lots of flavor. Some times we cook 2-3 lbs bacon in the deep fryer then add a little peanut oil and deer fry eggs, any thing cooked in that grease later taste better.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/20/19 11:57 AM

thumb
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/20/19 12:01 PM

We keep bacon grease in the fridge. Adds flavor to lots of stuff. I actually saw bacon grease on the shelf at HEB the other day.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/20/19 01:53 PM

we've always kept bacon grease in a ss grease pitcher with a strainer on the counter. i use it for everything from rouxs to cornbread.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 12/22/19 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
You might want to add a little chopped onion with that also....

thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Bacon Grease Chicken - 01/30/20 12:26 AM

I have to post this just in case some bacon lover hasn’t heard it —

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CcyG9juw4Tg

Enjoy !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum