Texas Fishing Forum

Reverse Sear Tri-Tip

Posted By: Derek 🐝

Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/01/19 02:16 PM

I used a pellet smoker and Big Green Egg. You can use any combo. I kept it simple on the rub. Rubbed with olive oil and applied a good coating of Meat Church Holy Gospel. The last Tri-Tip I did I soaked in Allegro for a while and didn't care for it.

Smoked on the pellet grill at 250 for about an hour to an internal temp of 120. Put it in a pan and covered with foil for 10 minutes. Got the egg up between 600-700. 2-1/2 minutes each side. I let it rest about another 10 minutes. Turned out perfect.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/01/19 02:35 PM

That looks amazing! Solid work OP! thumb
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/01/19 07:28 PM

No offense here, but it looks like if you kick it, it would start breathing. It looks a little raw for me, but that just me!! Enjoy.
Posted By: RickD78

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/01/19 08:06 PM

Reverse sear is my favorite method for steaks. Try finishing it in the cast iron. That method got me first place steak last weekend at a BBQ competition in Mabank
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/01/19 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by RickD78
Reverse sear is my favorite method for steaks. Try finishing it in the cast iron. That method got me first place steak last weekend at a BBQ competition in Mabank

I'll do that. Congrats on the win!
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/01/19 09:43 PM

We love cooking tri tip. I’ll inject it and add spices the day before and let it marinade until I’m ready to cook.

I cook mine in the Big Easy. I’ve got a rack that hangs halfway down in the basket, so I can cook two at once. I try to cook to about 150 or medium-ish.

OMG it’s good. Sandwiches are great too.
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/02/19 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
No offense here, but it looks like if you kick it, it would start breathing. It looks a little raw for me, but that just me!! Enjoy.

loco
Posted By: greenen

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/02/19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom

Looks great to me.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/02/19 11:26 PM

crazy nuts food My favorite and cooked just right!
Posted By: RickD78

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/03/19 02:15 PM

Thanks Derek... Also i see you're in Ennis. Have you tried any of the Wagyu beef from Homegrown Market? Once you do, there's no going back to anything else
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 10/03/19 04:06 PM

Love the Natty light and Haribo gummy bears
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/05/19 08:53 PM

Thanks Derek... Also i see you're in Ennis. Have you tried any of the Wagyu beef from Homegrown Market? Once you do, there's no going back to anything else

Wagyu puts it at a whole different level
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/06/19 03:46 PM

Congrats Rick!!
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/07/19 03:18 AM

I'm just sad it took so long for tri tip to become a thing in Texas.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/07/19 10:03 AM

Looks good
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/15/19 05:19 AM

Looking "Mighty Good"! food
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/16/19 02:25 AM

Where can tri-tip be purchased in the DFW area? I’d love to try it if I knew where to get it.

Thanks
Posted By: gander

Re: Reverse Sear Tri-Tip - 11/16/19 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by n_fish
Where can tri-tip be purchased in the DFW area? I’d love to try it if I knew where to get it.

Thanks
I see it at HEB occasionally
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum