Texas Fishing Forum

Jalapeños ????

Posted By: Luke57

Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 06:39 PM

What has happened to them you go to the store and they are the size of a banana with no flavor or heat I lost my garden so I’m searching the stores for them anyone have any luck finding hot jalapeños in the FtW area
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Luke57
What has happened to them you go to the store and they are the size of a banana with no flavor or heat I lost my garden so I’m searching the stores for them anyone have any luck finding hot jalapeños in the FtW area

Go with Serranos. Much more consistent.
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 08:33 PM

We get them from the stores like El Rancho and Fiesta in southside. I don't know if they are any better or different though. When you pick them, just look for the ones with lines that look like veins or stretchmarks. They are the hotter ones.

Re: Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 08:44 PM

I done that Bigbob but I want that jalapeño flavor
Posted By: Cast

Re: Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 09:34 PM

Get the big ones. The flavor is still there. If you want the heat, add the veins and seeds. Or add Serrano’s.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Luke57
I done that Bigbob but I want that jalapeño flavor

To be honest I can't taste the difference.

Re: Jalapeños ???? - 08/04/19 10:26 PM

Cast I beg to differ the big ones taste like bell peppers
Posted By: gander

Re: Jalape�os ???? - 08/07/19 06:09 PM

Serrano peppers are the way to go for consistency heat wise IMO. I like the bigger jalapenos with the "white lines " on the skin. I have been told they are older but I think the heat is more consistent and hotter and the taste is good
Posted By: DaBears

Re: Jalape�os ???? - 08/16/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bassman_78
We get them from the stores like El Rancho and Fiesta in southside. I don't know if they are any better or different though. When you pick them, just look for the ones with lines that look like veins or stretchmarks. They are the hotter ones.

This^

Go to the Latin markets. I bought some overpriced jalapenos from Trader Joes once and they were a joke. I go down the street to Rio Grande and they never fail to light your booty on fire.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum