Posted By: 410MAN

Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 07/23/19 02:29 PM

I used Hogaie buns,
ingredients
store bought Pest sauce about 3 oz size
Hoagie buns
Sliced Mozzarella (sp) cheese
1 large farm fresh tomato sliced in 1/4 in thick

Spread pesto on both side bread, not both side of the bun but on the inside side, then place slice tomato on bread
place slice cheese on tomato
place other side bread on

Eat up, Be sure tomato and cheese is cold and pesto cold. .
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 10/03/19 11:35 PM

Sounds pretty good. I would add three or four slices of bacon to it.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 10/04/19 03:08 AM

As a kid.....we ate tomato sandwiches quite often but w/ no cheese.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 10/05/19 01:24 AM

Add a grilled chicken breast and I'd pay you $15
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 10/06/19 12:40 AM

Yeah, where's the meat. I guess that's why you called in girlie. Sounds good though and something I should adopt.
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 11/27/19 07:06 PM

Try some basalmic vinegar to really kick it up.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 12/16/19 08:45 PM

I'd eat it. I like cold sandwiches OK......b-u-t hot and toasted is always better imo...with dripping grease....from meat.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 12/17/19 10:04 AM

Very much like a Caprese Sandwich. The addition of Pesto seems like a good idea.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/classic-italian-caprese-sandwich-recipe-4107018

While on the subject of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, I love a great Caprese Salad. A really good balsamic vinegar is important to how delicious the salad will ultimately be. More important, IMO, than the cheese. Great garden tomatoes take it up another notch or two. Even the basil used makes a difference. I like fresh purple basil over the sweet green basil. My green basil I have grown gets too peppery and too pungent, especially as the heat outside intensifies. The purple dials back the “basil-ness” to a more enjoyable level. A good EVOO makes a difference. The quality or lack thereof of each ingredient is evident in a simple dish like a Caprese Salad.

This is one dish that’s easy to make at home that will normally far outshine a restaurant version simply because the individual can normally obtain better ingredients for this salad than the average restaurant will care to. The chief reason I grow fresh garden tomatoes is for Caprese Salad and for BLT sandwiches. Below is a link to some better balsamic vinegar.

https://www.foodsharkmarfa.com/best-balsamic-vinegars/

Great flavors to combine, tomato, fresh mozzarella, and something with basil, fresh or put into a pesto sauce. Might be my choice for a final death row meal, but I doubt the Prison would splurge for the good ingredients.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Kinda girlie sandwich but good - 12/17/19 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by deucer02
Sounds pretty good. I would add three or four slices of bacon to it.

A restaurant in my hometown used to make a BLT that was essentially what you are calling for. Really good, that sandwich.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum