Texas Fishing Forum

Baked beans

Posted By: bill oxner

Baked beans - 01/13/19 12:41 AM

I use Bush with onions, and add brown sugar, cayenne, balsamic vinegar, and top them with thick sliced bacon. How do you make yours?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Baked beans - 01/13/19 03:50 AM

wife does hers the same way. never any leftover.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Baked beans - 01/13/19 02:33 PM

Hard to beat Bush’s, but I use pork and beans too.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Baked beans - 01/13/19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

I use Bush with onions, and add brown sugar, cayenne, balsamic vinegar, and top them with thick sliced bacon. How do you make yours?

[Linked Image]

How much of each ingredient to how much canned beans?
Posted By: BSanders

Re: Baked beans - 01/14/19 02:49 PM

Bush's bean, add Sweet and Spicy Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and some Hot Slap Yo Momas!!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Baked beans - 01/15/19 12:01 AM

Plated.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Baked beans - 01/16/19 04:17 PM

flehan food
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Baked beans - 01/19/19 12:30 AM

I use Bush's with onion. I add bacon, a little extra onion, chopped bell pepper, brown sugar, molasses, a little catsup, a shot of wooster sauce, and, of course, Stubbs original, and / or Head Country. I fry the chopped bacon and saute the onions and bell pepper, and I don't bake them. I cook them on the stove top. I normally cook two large cans of Bush's. I drain the cans some.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Baked beans - 02/13/19 08:01 PM

Pork and Beans, ketchup, mustard,onions,bacon,brown sugar. Mix and bake until done about 350.
After an hour you have great baked beans that were so simple to make.
There is no measuring ingredients. Its all to your taste.
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Baked beans - 02/15/19 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by blooper961
Pork and Beans, ketchup, mustard,onions,bacon,brown sugar. Mix and bake until done about 350.

Thats what my widfe does, they are GREAT , even if any left overs they good 2 days later.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Baked beans - 02/15/19 04:15 PM

2 cans Van Camps pork and beans
12 oz. bacon cooked (not crispy) and chopped.
Saute--1 small onion, 3 deseeded jalapenos, 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
Add: Ketchup, Worchester, Mustard, Brown Sugar(the more the sweeter).

Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes. Cook a little longer if you like the sauce to be thicker. My mother always covered hers completely with bacon(uncooked) , but it takes longer to cook so I pre-cook the bacon and mix with beans and it cuts the cooking time in half.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Baked beans - 02/15/19 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by deucer02
I use Bush's with onion. I add bacon, a little extra onion, chopped bell pepper, brown sugar, molasses, a little catsup, a shot of wooster sauce, and, of course, Stubbs original, and / or Head Country. I fry the chopped bacon and saute the onions and bell pepper, and I don't bake them. I cook them on the stove top. I normally cook two large cans of Bush's. I drain the cans some.

banana thumb flehan food Amen to this recipe !!
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Baked beans - 04/28/19 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by blooper961

This is what I've always done, they are great. Now I buy Bush's Steakhouse and add very little of the list. Great flavor right out of the can.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Baked beans - 04/28/19 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
2 cans Van Camps pork and beans
12 oz. bacon cooked (not crispy) and chopped.
Saute--1 small onion, 3 deseeded jalapenos, 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
Add: Ketchup, Worchester, Mustard, Brown Sugar(the more the sweeter).

Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes. Cook a little longer if you like the sauce to be thicker. My mother always covered hers completely with bacon(uncooked) , but it takes longer to cook so I pre-cook the bacon and mix with beans and it cuts the cooking time in half.

This is the correct recipe. I use bell pepper but fresh cored japs would do very well. Head Country instead of ketchup.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum