Texas Fishing Forum

Grilled Blue Cat Filet

Posted By: desertfisherman

Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 10/27/18 05:09 PM

Has anyone ever grilled a blue cat filet and can I have the recipe if you have done this
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 10/27/18 11:17 PM

Smear them with mustard and season them Cajun or anything you like and grill inderect
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 10/31/18 09:18 PM

I usually just sprinkle a light coat of Tony's on both sides and grill it on a cast iron griddle. A few minutes and turn it over.
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 11/01/18 02:31 PM

I prefer it this way...

Thin slice an onion and a lemon. Put a layer of those on a piece of foil. Lay the filet on top of them and season with Tony C's. Put another layer of the onion and lemons on top of the seasoned fish along with a couple of pats of butter. Leave the foil open but turn the edges up (to keep the juices). Grill until a fork flakes the meat. The butter and juices from the onion/lemons on top will keep the fish moist and cook down onto the onions under the fish. That bottom layer is delicious and will keep the fish from being over cooked. The foil eliminates the problem of the meat sticking to the grill/grate.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 11/04/18 03:47 PM

Cracker Barrel used to sell their seasoning, it was one of my favorites. I like mine grilled direct since I like my fish flaky.

Tony Cachere's is good too. Coat fish and grill using a non-stick fish grate or oil a small grate. I cook 10 minutes per side.

Here's one that is good.
https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/southwestern-grilled-catfish-65161
Posted By: KQT

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 11/11/18 12:12 AM

Grilled in a cast iron skillet with blackened spice then topped with a blue cheese sauce omg good
Posted By: shutupandfish

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 11/13/18 05:36 AM

I use Zatarain's blackened seasoning for grilling fish. Season the fish and pan grill in 1 tablespoons each ofbutter/ and olive oil on medium high heat. Careful not to cook too long as fish can get dry fast if overcooked.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Grilled Blue Cat Filet - 11/20/18 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by driedmeat
I prefer it this way...

Thin slice an onion and a lemon. Put a layer of those on a piece of foil. Lay the filet on top of them and season with Tony C's. Put another layer of the onion and lemons on top of the seasoned fish along with a couple of pats of butter. Leave the foil open but turn the edges up (to keep the juices). Grill until a fork flakes the meat. The butter and juices from the onion/lemons on top will keep the fish moist and cook down onto the onions under the fish. That bottom layer is delicious and will keep the fish from being over cooked. The foil eliminates the problem of the meat sticking to the grill/grate.

I do mine almost exactly like this except I also use some dill with my onions and lemons. Sometimes if it is just me and the wife I will also add some Jalapenos on the top and also I will do this in my smoker using some Pecan wood for about 2 hours or until it flakes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum