Texas Fishing Forum

Electric Meat Grinders

Posted By: V-Bottom

Electric Meat Grinders - 12/29/17 02:00 AM

For home use. I wanna get one but not one of those $300 things. Been looking on ebay and local stores like Wallyworld. Those between $50 and $80 , are they any good. If you have one, brief me on the pros and cons and maybe which one I would like. Thanx
Posted By: kyle-74

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 12/29/17 02:35 AM

i got a 2000w della electric grinder on ebay for $40 bucks before deer season this year. I figured for $40 why not. It made quick work of nearly 30lbs of deer burger so far. Really easy setup and tear down to clean. I've been real happy with it so far.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 12/29/17 03:00 AM

you can get a pully kit to adapt a electric motor to a hand grinder. take the handle off and replace with a pully. another pully on a electric motor and a fan belt joining them. put the motor on a board with a spring under it. when you step on the board the belt tightens and turns the grinder, let off the pressure on the board and it's like in neutral. google the kit. not expensive at all.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 12/29/17 02:57 PM

If you want a fairly good one for home use Northern Tool sells one. The meat mixer is great to stir it up before grinding to distribute the seasoning and not having to grind in once and add seasoning and grind again. I've had mine for 4-5 years and use it every deer season and stands up OK and sure grinds it up fast.
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 01/30/18 11:56 PM

That's where I got mine Jackie .Mines a 1 hp had it 15 yrs ground lots of meat.Just made 24# of hot links also got mixer.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 02/01/18 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide
If you want a fairly good one for home use Northern Tool sells one. The meat mixer is great to stir it up before grinding to distribute the seasoning and not having to grind in once and add seasoning and grind again. I've had mine for 4-5 years and use it every deer season and stands up OK and sure grinds it up fast.
which grinder is it?...im definitely interested in one with a mixer.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 02/02/18 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide
I have same. Kitchener #12. Have had it 4-5 years and do 50 lbs per year. Has 3 plates and sausage stuffers. $80 with $20 coupon. One year I made 60 lbs of sausage. No problems. If I do not cut fat up small enough I have had the front pop off if not tight. Only problem. Best for money. Used hand crank for 25 years. Hand not bad with 2 people or son with guns. I shoot 4 - 5 deer per year so the Kitchener had paid for itself many times over.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Electric Meat Grinders - 02/03/18 02:25 AM

Deni is around $100 and does a good job. I have ground up a lot of stuff in it for years, and it fits my purpose for the money.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum