Texas Fishing Forum

YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD

Posted By: John175☮

YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD - 10/11/17 11:40 AM

Interesting outboard. I wonder if they'll build em bigger.

"The compact Dtorque 111 is designed to revolutionize the small workboat market where its expected lifespan of well over 10,000 hours at least doubles that of any comparable outboard gasoline engine. The Dtorque 111 offers a remarkably smooth and quiet diesel engine, delivering 50 hp at the propeller with a stunning torque output of 111 Nm at just 2,500 rpm. This is considerably better than the latest 70 hp 4-stroke gasoline models and more than enough to quickly accelerate most small craft onto the plane with plenty of low-down lugging power for heavy displacement duty."

http://www.yanmarmarine.com/News-detail/YANMAR-LAUNCHES-THE-DTORQUE-111-TURBO-DIESEL-OUTBOARD/
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD - 10/11/17 11:51 AM

Pretty cool, wonder what they'll weigh?
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD - 10/11/17 12:01 PM

Marine motors spend a large portion of their running time at idle. It will be interesting to see how they deal with this. Diesels get pretty unhappy when they aren't run hard under load.
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD - 10/11/17 03:34 PM

I wonder how many will forget it's a diesel and put gas in it.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD - 10/11/17 10:57 PM

Yeah don’t let the ex hen near it.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: YANMAR LAUNCHES TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD - 10/15/17 12:51 AM

When Yanmar first introduced diesel outboards, the Venezuelan drug smugglers built lots of near-submarines, with just a glass cabin sticking above the water, and a Yanmar sticking up on the back. The Coasties towed one into St. Croix, and it sat in a marina about a year while the Feds studied it and processed the case. That one was about 30 feet long. Interesting. It's just under 500 miles from Ven. to Puerto Rico. Good fuel mileage!
I don't want anything to do with a turbocharged diesel outboard.
Island Jim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum