Texas Fishing Forum

Where to get seats recovered dfw

Posted By: matt varnadore

Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/14/17 12:47 AM

Anyone know of a good company to get boat seats recovered around dfw? Thanks
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/14/17 04:52 AM

i like cash upholstery in carrollton at whitlock and old denton, his name is ron, he does top notch work, then there's sue at asm upholstery on reeder in dallas, you may have seen her on fast n loud, decent work for a little better price
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/14/17 05:14 AM

as long as your not azz monkey you might get a deal.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/14/17 06:26 PM

gonecatching on here in Sanger his daughter does good work
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/15/17 01:04 PM

Sometimes it's cheaper to just buy new seats.
https://www.bassboatseats.com/
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/15/17 06:38 PM

Maybe I'm too picky. But , I have the shop I work at redoing my seats in my Skeeter. They aren't worn, just want something different.

I am having my seats done in red ultra leather boarders with red carbon fiber diamond pleated centers.
My guy doing them has only done the rear deck folding seat and I'm already unhappy. The seams don't line up from seat bottom to seat back and there is a few areas where there is wrinkles.

He told me he needs more polyester thread to keep covering, and I am gonna try to use this as an excuse to take all the others somewhere else.

I'll take a picture of them when I get back from lunch and get you alls opinion.
Posted By: matt varnadore

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/15/17 08:30 PM

I'm very picky as well. Mine aren't worn out either they are just white and are impossible to keep clean. Looks like I can get all new covers from skeeter for around $600 so I think I may do that.
Posted By: Jiff7210

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/18/17 08:04 PM

What is the average cost to have them redone? I am needing to do something with mine soon. I can get a set for $399 on bassboatseats.com...trying to weigh my options

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/19/17 01:25 AM

The center sections not lining up is gonna drive me ape [censored].
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/19/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

The center sections not lining up is gonna drive me ape [censored].

Lol, if you hadn't told me then I probably would never have noticed. I put new seats on my boat and took me forever to pick them out because they were hard to find that would fit. I anguished over little details of which looked better and now I never even look at them. I couldn't tell you what they secondary color was if you asked me.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/19/17 10:46 PM

Front casting lean seat.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/19/17 11:27 PM

Before and after.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/19/17 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Jiff7210
What is the average cost to have them redone? I am needing to do something with mine soon. I can get a set for $399 on bassboatseats.com...trying to weigh my options

My "cost" on my interior is around $120. Materials and thread. The guy doing them is averaging around an hour per seat at $90 an hour (if I had to pay him). I'd guess a full boat with two large seats, a center seat, a folding seat, and a casting lean seat would be around $600. Parts and labor.

I ordered enough of the red ultra leather to wrap the second consoles glove box and the front deck filler panel.

I ordered 5 yards of the solid red and a yard and a half of the carbon fiber patterned stuff. The UV resistant polyester thread was $22 for enough to do about 100 seats. Ha.
Posted By: Hardline43

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/20/17 01:34 PM

Maybe I'm too picky. But , I have the shop I work at redoing my seats in my Skeeter. They aren't worn, just want something different.

I am having my seats done in red ultra leather boarders with red carbon fiber diamond pleated centers.
My guy doing them has only done the rear deck folding seat and I'm already unhappy. The seams don't line up from seat bottom to seat back and there is a few areas where there is wrinkles.

He told me he needs more polyester thread to keep covering, and I am gonna try to use this as an excuse to take all the others somewhere else.

I'll take a picture of them when I get back from lunch and get you alls opinion.

Not to hyjack op thread but did you make your expectations known on the front side what you expected? I seem to be picky also. I have been disappointed with work in the past and have determined I have to STRESS going in that I'm going to inspect and be very critical and if that person can not perform to my expectations please let me know and I'll go elsewhere. I tend to have to pay extra for my expectations but at least in the end there is no confusion.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/20/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Jiff7210

My "cost" on my interior is around $120. Materials and thread. The guy doing them is averaging around an hour per seat at $90 an hour (if I had to pay him). I'd guess a full boat with two large seats, a center seat, a folding seat, and a casting lean seat would be around $600. Parts and labor.

I ordered enough of the red ultra leather to wrap the second consoles glove box and the front deck filler panel.

I ordered 5 yards of the solid red and a yard and a half of the carbon fiber patterned stuff. The UV resistant polyester thread was $22 for enough to do about 100 seats. Ha.

Looks good and you sure can't beat the price. Post some before and after picks when you get it all done.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/21/17 12:45 AM

3 down two to go.

.....and he said he's gonna redo the rear folding seat. He said "it looks like [censored]" without me having to suggest it.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/21/17 12:46 AM

Wow....my phone takes a blurry picture at night....

If I ever see a Sasquatch at night, nobody will believe me. Lol

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/21/17 08:21 AM

Why in the hell did you go with that color ?

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/21/17 11:47 AM

i went with red because I'm tired of boring light grey. I've had it on three boats now. This boat has a bright red stripe on the side, so I decided to make the seats red. Kinda like the 2017 Triton Anniversary edition. I'm also putting on a new steering wheel and changing out the dash inserts to be gloss red. Also painting the hot foot.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/21/17 12:52 PM

It's gonna look great.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/21/17 11:36 PM

Doesn't look so bad when you can see the whole boat.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/22/17 05:59 AM

Going to look good. I was looking on my phone but when I looked on computer they were much nicer than I thought. Nice personalization for a nice price.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/22/17 11:44 AM

Thanks.

They might be finished tomorrow. Or this evening.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/22/17 11:47 AM

Have you thought about some plastic dye to make the plastic shell red also?

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/22/17 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Have you thought about some plastic dye to make the plastic shell red also?

I am thinking Krylon Fusion....but scared it will scuff off and look worse.

Got any ideas on something that would last?

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/23/17 02:34 AM

Maybe look at plasti dip. It is suppose to be pretty durable and you can peel it off like a wrap, in one piece. It shouldn't scuff like krylon might.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/23/17 04:32 PM

Hi Matt glad you put this up I have been looking also, I hear Nina's in Quinlan does good work, don't have personal experience.PH# 903 274 5561.Hve friend that used this guy he was happy seat was curved & large.His card says auto recond. but I may have him do mine. Absolute Auto Gary 972 6808108. Near T. I. Also heard of Browns Marine? Mesquite,fberglass work, upholstery, etc. Browns Boat Repair. Let me know what you find. Good luck.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/27/17 11:16 PM

Seats are finished.

Now I have to refurbish and customize the consoles.

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/29/17 02:18 AM

Looking good. When you finish with it you can do my Champion! cheers
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Where to get seats recovered dfw - 09/29/17 06:35 AM

http://www.beckyscustomcanvas.com/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum