Texas Fishing Forum

1998 Force 75hp, Power Trim Tilt (PTT) switch not working.

Posted By: munawar

1998 Force 75hp, Power Trim Tilt (PTT) switch not working. - 08/28/17 01:53 AM

My PTT switch on the throttle quit working yesterday when I returned to ramp. It worked throughout the trip, but when I returned just to trim up to pull the boat up, it quit working. I have another switch at the bow next to trolling motor plug in and that works so I know it's not the relays or the motor. How do I get to the switch to check it and replace it. The boat is 1998 Tracker Pro Team 185. Couldn't find any decent youtube videos. If I can figure out how to access the wirings.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or references. May be even a mechanic in Plano area or nearby that won't cost me arm and a leg.

Munawar
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 1998 Force 75hp, Power Trim Tilt (PTT) switch not working. - 08/28/17 11:49 AM

First check the wires for the trim, there in the control handle and where they come out of the handle. Known problem area.

Re: 1998 Force 75hp, Power Trim Tilt (PTT) switch not working. - 08/28/17 02:45 PM

Thanks Gary. Having hard time getting to the wires. It's older boat so there arn't any instructions on how to. Perhaps I should post a few pics.

Re: 1998 Force 75hp, Power Trim Tilt (PTT) switch not working. - 08/29/17 05:26 PM

Fixed it. It was broken red (positive) wire within the throttle assembly, exactly like Gary mentioned. A friend helped me take the assembly out, but I we spliced the wire back with connector and electric tape the length of it. Hopefully, it will stay and not get snagged again.
Posted By: Tc24

Re: 1998 Force 75hp, Power Trim Tilt (PTT) switch not working. - 08/29/17 06:12 PM

Thumbs up to Gary!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum