Texas Fishing Forum

Wiping down boat after trailering

Posted By: East Texas Diver

Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/23/17 09:31 PM

What do you use to wipe your boat down with (Lucas slick mist,etc) after fishing? What is the best wax for fiberglass boats?
Posted By: Capt Jerry

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/23/17 11:05 PM

I use Mothers spray wax. But I am sure any spray wax would work. I use it and a microfiber towel and it stays looking great. I still give it the full wax once a year or sooner if it needs it.

I use the same stuff on my truck. I spray it on as I dry the vehicle.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/24/17 07:01 AM

You have time to wipe down the boat then you had time to fish longer! LOL
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/24/17 07:15 AM

^^^^This^^^^

Actually years ago when I had my glitter rockets I was fanatical about wiping them down as soon as I pulled them out of the water. After having a spinal fusion last year I cant barely get into let alone out of the drivers seat of a bass boat so I switched to a bay boat, best move ever. Down side is its got acres of gelcoat. Now I just pressure wash it after every couple of trips and sometimes even use a scrub brush with a long handle and some Armor All Wash-n-Wax.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/24/17 02:28 PM

Vinegar and Water. Mothers Calif. Gold.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/24/17 04:52 PM

I powerwash the boat after use and that is it. Twice a year I use Nu Finish.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/24/17 05:35 PM

One reason I have always wanted a white boat. When my raspberry and sliver Ranger was new I did the wipe down routine. I just used a towel and sometimes Pledge. Pledge will make the clearcoat slick. Maybe that is what I need to do to keep the rats out of the boat.
Posted By: HItec Redneck

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/25/17 02:31 AM

I have a white boat so I use Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax, you just spray it on and wipe it off. Leaves a very slick finish behind that makes it easy to get the dirty water stains off.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/25/17 03:05 PM

Wipe it down with a 50/ 50 mixture of white vinegar and water, then apply Bass Boat Saver... Dan
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Wiping down boat after trailering - 07/26/17 07:17 PM

Slick Mist
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum