Texas Fishing Forum

Xpress Bass Boat

Posted By: Baylor12

Xpress Bass Boat - 07/13/17 12:54 PM

Anyone have any experience with one? Was thinking it would be perfect for backwaters/spawn, but concerned with its open water abilities (high wind). Also can these be taken in saltwater?
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Xpress Bass Boat - 07/13/17 01:35 PM

Baylor, the choppy water capabilities are going to depend on the size of the boat in most cases. But I don't think it will ride as well as glass in rough water (my opinion). They will fish shallow water well and can be used in salt water. My friend has an Xpress center console 20' long and he uses it on Rayburn and also salt water fishes Sabine Lake. He has had it 4 years and likes it. I see the Xpress bass boats on the river all the time. Seem to be nice boats!
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Xpress Bass Boat - 07/13/17 01:49 PM

If you're going to run in saltwater, get a saltwater ready rig. That means a galvanized or aluminum trailer, no carpet, and saltwater ready wiring.

Stick a bass hull in the bay and really bad things will follow.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Xpress Bass Boat - 07/15/17 04:35 PM

The "X" series Xpress Bass Boats are a different animal than most tin rigs, as they use the hyperlift hull design. They have better performance numbers than any mod-v and most other manufacturers' offerings, and ride much better in chop. That being said, they are not glass boats and never will be.

I don't think they'll dissolve if salt water touches them, but I will not disagree with Pat about rigging a boat properly to run in salt.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum