Texas Fishing Forum

Boat flooring

Posted By: Jeff_W

Boat flooring - 03/02/15 12:30 AM

Has anyone had Safefloor installed in their boat and are you happy with it? Saw them at the Dallas boat show and looks to be a good product. Any pros/cons would be appreciated.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Boat flooring - 03/02/15 01:03 AM

Ive never had it, but just my opinion for a bass boat, I would go with foam carpet. I stepped on some the other day and it was like a pillow under my feet. But for a center console or a bay boat I would go with the Safefloor.
Posted By: UncleJed

Re: Boat flooring - 03/02/15 03:09 AM

A lot of guys around here are getting that Safefloor and everybody loves it.I fished out of a boat that had it once,and it was very impressive.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Boat flooring - 03/02/15 05:53 AM

I'm getting my scooter done in a couple of months. And I am not what you'd call an easy sale.
Posted By: Jeff_W

Re: Boat flooring - 03/05/15 01:41 AM

im just wondering how it hold up on the edges of compartment doors etc.?
Posted By: D Miner

Re: Boat flooring - 03/05/15 06:18 AM

I would not want that stuff installed over any wood (like a plywood deck or sole). Its rubber and epoxy, so it should last forever. But that doesn't mean anything if the floor underneath it rots away.
Posted By: fishin1228

Re: Boat flooring - 03/15/15 03:19 PM

Hey Guys ... My name is Lynn Watkins ( 972-567-5275 ) your local rep. for Safe-Floor. Todd and I are the Safe-Floor North Texas Reps and located in Wylie . We have just completed a 22 Ft. Predator CC out of Tulsa . Gelcoated and Floored . Workin a 17 Ft Fisher the next few days and another TFF members 20 ft Tracker Gizzly . if you have any questions , feel free to call me or you can stop by this week or anytime and check out the process . i will start postin pics in the next few days .
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: Boat flooring - 03/15/15 03:24 PM

I have fished in boats with Safe-Floor and all I can say is it is awesome! Cushion feel on feet which is fantastic for us friends of Arthur Itus! Floor does not get hot and is not slipery when wet. Cleans up with a water hose, easy!!! Best floor on the market IMHO! smile

I forget the name of the store...but...there is a large tackle store south of Houston just off IH 45 that has this floor in its store. Now that store gets a lot more foot traffic than a boat would ever see. Floor still looks great.

Safe-Floor is as durable as you can get! smile

Re: Boat flooring - 03/17/15 07:47 PM

we havent had any past customers complain about any edges coming loose from any of the edges we've done on hatches. just depends on how much clearence we have between the hatch and the lid . if its too tight , we paint one side and floor the other . if we have plenty of clearence then we can put safe-floor on both sides . hope that answers your question .

Re: Boat flooring - 03/18/15 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
I'm getting my scooter done in a couple of months. And I am not what you'd call an easy sale.

Pat tell Brandon we said Hi from Safe-Floor North Texas . We're non-stop for a few months now cheers

Re: Boat flooring - 03/25/15 01:38 PM

Thank You BigDave for your thumb on our product . its startin to catch on up here woot

Re: Boat flooring - 04/01/15 07:29 PM

jeff here is a couple pics from another TFF member in which we completed and delivered to him last sunday ...
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10667566/My_new_Crappie_rig

Re: Boat flooring - 07/19/15 04:56 PM

bump this thang up clap we've been purty busy since December and have done a few boats of our TFF members here and they love it . they have posted pics on other sections on the forum but we're workin our last bass boat and will be picked up this thursday . we have a new 27 ft CC console comin in on Friday but he needs a 2 day turn-around , so as of the start of next week you can just bring your boat on in and it will go straight in the shop . If you havent seen our product , just check it out . we're located in Wylie , Tx
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: Boat flooring - 07/22/15 04:17 PM

How much does it cost to install approximately? I know it depends boat to boat, but say a 17 ft Crestliner Fish Hawk juggle

Re: Boat flooring - 08/02/15 05:08 PM

just a quick guestimation , without seein it probablly around $1000 . just depends on what all the prep work that need to be done . board replacement , carpet bein stripped out . it just depends but thats purty close . if you can send me some pics , txt or email . and ill get ya closer .... thanks for checkin us out cool Lynn Watkins 972-567-5275 or fishin15_1959@msn.com

Re: Boat flooring - 10/19/15 04:44 PM

bump

Re: Boat flooring - 10/20/15 08:15 PM

test

Re: Boat flooring - 10/20/15 08:17 PM

hey cool it worked now i just gotta get my other pics ready . this is a boat of a local catfish guide ( Doug " Tex " Elliot we done.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Boat flooring - 10/22/15 03:57 AM

I know several people that have this in their boat and it is amazing.

Re: Boat flooring - 10/22/15 04:55 PM

Thanks Txmedic033 ... it is a great product and glad we could bring it to north texas thumb
Posted By: dosseric

Re: Boat flooring - 11/06/15 02:14 AM

I had mine done about 5 years ago. Lots of Edgework around the hatches and it has held up great.

Also got one of my yetti cooler lids coated with it.

It is great.

I just moved here from Houston. The Houston area safe floor guys are great. Glad to see I've got a dallas option now. I need a few more cooler lids coated.
Posted By: BODA

Re: Boat flooring - 11/09/15 01:03 PM

2 questions:

is that stuf hard to get mud off of? compared to gelcoat splatter floor?
what kinda boat is that??
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: Boat flooring - 11/09/15 02:35 PM

Yeah, what kind of boat is that? I'm in love, except for the longhorn; I'd have to replace that with TT cheers
Posted By: dosseric

Re: Boat flooring - 11/10/15 03:00 AM

It's a lanier custom boat (made in florida)

Mud comes off easy. Just power wash it or put a tight nozzle on your hose
Posted By: BODA

Re: Boat flooring - 11/10/15 12:37 PM

ok, just looked up Lanier Custom Boats, VERY COOL

Re: Boat flooring - 11/13/15 06:23 PM

hey buddy welcome to the TFF . the guys in houston are really great as ya said . Thanks for postin your pics and lettin everybody know bout its durability thumb and now i know which boat the Longhorn was put in clap ... the only inlay we've done is the name of the guides fishin service . " FISH ON " easy 1st time inlay

Re: Boat flooring - 11/13/15 06:26 PM

oh and BTW ... we've done a couple of yeti coolers also . do the bottom and they wont slide around either

Re: Boat flooring - 11/29/15 04:37 PM

Boda . you just take a water hose or you can use a pressure washer cause the floor will not come up . mud , blood , slime or guts it'll all wash out of the boat clap

Re: Boat flooring - 02/06/16 03:09 AM

Alright Yall .. Its that time of year again for the Dallas Boat Expo .. Yall come out and see us at market hall booth 414 on the east wing of the hall ... I'd like to Thank everybody that had the safe floor installed in their boats this past year from Waco to Oklahoma City an Mt. Vernon to Abilene ... Got some pics from a couple boats we completed here lately . A 20 ft Tuffy and a 23 Falcon

Re: Boat flooring - 02/02/17 09:16 PM

i know its been 2 years but thought id throw this champion out there that we did this year so yall could see it .... another happy TFF member thumb

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11563548/Aluminum_Deck_Non_Skid_Coating
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: Boat flooring - 08/24/17 03:24 PM

Where in Wylie are you located?

Re: Boat flooring - 09/04/17 10:16 PM

a mile south of parker rd and 1378 . on Anchor Dr.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Boat flooring - 09/05/17 05:48 PM

Yep.....had mine put in years ago at the Pearland shop. Still there. No peeling.
20ft.CC WellCraft
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Boat flooring - 09/06/17 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff_W
im just wondering how it hold up on the edges of compartment doors etc.?

I have had that flooring in my boat for years and NOT one bit has peeled......ANYWHERE!!

Re: Boat flooring - 09/11/17 04:00 PM

it wont peel unless you have a chisel and a sledge hammer
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Boat flooring - 09/12/17 01:53 PM

I sure wish my Tracker Avalanche 18DC had this instead of carpet. Would make it a lot easier to boat them big ol slimy blues and wash off sandbass poop. No matter how hard I try I can't keep the carpet clean or keep hooks from getting hung in it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum