Texas Fishing Forum

Running Wires to a Graph

Posted By: L.King

Running Wires to a Graph - 02/20/15 05:21 PM

I have been installing a new graph in my boat and it has been pain. Now I have two transduecer cables lost under the seats with no way of accessing them. I've tried pulling them towards the back but they're stuck somewhere in the hull. Wondering if anyone has a special trick or idea to set them free.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Running Wires to a Graph - 02/20/15 05:53 PM

Straighten out a coat hanger, make a loop around the cable push hanger down cable, when you feel hanger is at end push, pull while turning the hanger.
Posted By: Biscuits

Re: Running Wires to a Graph - 02/21/15 12:12 PM

Try using a fish tape to dislodge them
Posted By: Team Brown Stripe

Re: Running Wires to a Graph - 02/23/15 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan in S.A.
Try using a fish tape to dislodge them

And use one to run them too. Awesome tool for running wires and are fairly cheap.
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Running Wires to a Graph - 02/26/15 02:02 AM

If you get them loose.get a fish tape and start where you want you're graph push the tape thru and tape wires to the fish tape and put a follow string in their slso so when you pull on tape if you got stuck you can push and pull.
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Running Wires to a Graph - 02/27/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: AddyBass69
I have been installing a new graph in my boat and it has been pain. Now I have two transduecer cables lost under the seats with no way of accessing them. I've tried pulling them towards the back but they're stuck somewhere in the hull. Wondering if anyone has a special trick or idea to set them free.

Twisting the cable while trying to pull it back can be helpful, but if it is "lodged" you must be patient. happy8 Also, Home Depot sells a set of small 6' rods (set of 3, made by Greenlee - I think) that connect together that can be very helpful. They are not as flexible as a fish tape, but together with it - the job is more manageable. thumb Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum