Texas Fishing Forum

Water dripping out from under console?

Posted By: BSM

Water dripping out from under console? - 06/06/03 04:52 PM

Last time I was at the lake I noticed water running out from my drivers side console. At first I thought it was just condensation, but it did it all day long. It is only when I am running. Do I have a leak from a guage line? I have a speed., tach, water pressure, trim, and volt meter. Which one has water running to it? Please help.

Thanks,

Brad
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Water dripping out from under console? - 06/06/03 04:57 PM

Brad its coming from your speedometer. Nothing to really worry about unless the tube comes off and then it will be spraying like a water hose, otherwise the extra water will keep you cool in the summertime
Posted By: TX Champ

Re: Water dripping out from under console? - 06/06/03 05:16 PM

Debra's right on. I had one that had been dripping for a few months then one day it came off and gave me a squirt in the most embarassing location along with my legs. You can pull the hose off the back of you speedo and cut about 1/4" off and put it back on. I also used a small zip tie to clamp it.

------------------

Posted By: j.steve

Re: Water dripping out from under console? - 06/06/03 08:53 PM

Yep, speedo! I got a story for ya.
I put in a new floor in my sisters Cheetah, fiberglassed it in, installed new seats and everything. two weeks later they take it to the lake and spend a couple hours out in it then called me saying water was coming in everywhere. I didn't think I had drilled or cut through the bottom but I went over there and took a scuba mask. On those opld boats there is a storage on the side where you can place your skis and such and water was seeping from there. I could not find the leak anywhere. Then they told me it did it while moving and the faster they went the more the water came in. I knew then what it was but didn't tell them. I told them to drive it while I looked under the console and they bit, LOL. I said go as fast as you can while I was holding the tube closed. I told her to look close for a leak while her husband was driving so she got down and was looking in the storage. They were really pissed at me thinking I had put a hole in their boat! When they got to top speed I pointed the tube at both of them and let it squirt the hell out of them. I laughed at them for a long time after that but at the time they didn't think it was funny, LOL.
Posted By: slabnshad

Re: Water dripping out from under console? - 06/07/03 02:16 AM

had the same problem but clamped mine by
looping a piece of wire around it and twisting it tight no mo leaks.

------------------
Let's Keep those Hybrids coming into Lake Bridgeport

Dennis------Slabshad
Posted By: BSM

Re: Water dripping out from under console? - 06/07/03 11:02 PM

Well, I guess that would explain the drop in MPH by 10 as well. Thanks for the advise, I can always count on TFF.

Brad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum