Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer Position

Posted By: Draftstud

Transducer Position - 04/09/14 07:13 PM

I have an Xpress XP200 Catfish Edition. When they made these boats they put seating for 2 in the back...where they also put 3 batteries and a fuel tank! So I put Step Pods on the back to lift it up a little. I have 2 Fishfinders on it now and just ordered a new HB 1199ci. With this Side Imaging I am afraid I might get some interference from the Pods, so I was thinking of mounting the Transducer on the back of a Pod. Anyone ever ran into this situation? Thanks, John
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Transducer Position - 04/09/14 07:20 PM

mount it on the transom just to the side of the engine, you won't get a reading above 6 mph so it should not matter. as for the pods it should be able to shoot below the hull when mounted on the transom so doubt it will make a difference.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Transducer Position - 04/09/14 09:22 PM

And...be sure and mount it on the port side of the motor (left) it won't disrupt your prop nearly as much.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Transducer Position - 04/09/14 10:47 PM

I think you going to have to mount the SI transducer on the inside of the left-port pod. Unless it smaller pods than I have been seeing like on the Grizzly`s. Even these small pods: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/float-pods-s...CFUgA7AodbH0AFA
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum