Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter Leak

Posted By: crappie-mark

Skeeter Leak - 04/19/12 02:52 AM

I have a 2004 skeeter sl210. I have noticed that a considerable amount of water is seeping in somwhere. Last time we took it out there was water all the way up to the middle floor storage in the bottom of the hull. That took about 4 hours to accumulate. Its a solid hull and i dont see any cracks. Not sure if its seeping in thru the plug or what. Does anyone know a good way to find a leak?

Posted By: ddantidwell

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/19/12 03:08 AM

put the plug in and put the water hose in the back and turn on and just watch for leaks.

Posted By: Diel11

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/19/12 12:06 PM

I don't know if you have livewells but my zx225 had a little leak, enough to get the automatic bilge pump to come on after a couple of hours. Ended up being the o-rings in the quick disconnect hoses for the livewell drains. I did what ddantidwell recommended. One thing, the leaks I had took a while to start showing, so it would be a good idea to fill the area, go mow the lawn or do something else, then come back. I missed the leaks the first time because I wasn't patient enough.

Posted By: crappie-mark

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/19/12 01:58 PM

i didn't think about the livewell fittings. that would make sense since we have been using them lately. there are two livewells on the back deck. this is the first boat i've had with a "real" livewell.

Posted By: Shawn the printer

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/19/12 03:25 PM

If you have installed anything that required drilling into the hull, check that spot also. A tiny hole amounts to a lot of water in a few hours.

Posted By: patriot07

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/19/12 04:17 PM

My livewell fittings leak just a tiny bit. I bet that's it. They didn't leak when they left the Triton factory in 1997. But my dad broke the pump and when I replaced it and re-did all the fittings, I guess I didn't seal one well enough.

Posted By: Flat land snapper

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/20/12 08:42 PM

Not sure what type of livewell pump setup you have, but in my '06 ZX190, I found a crack in the housing that the TRUE pump cartridge snaps into.

Posted By: trailer hook

Re: Skeeter Leak - 04/21/12 06:01 PM

Mine was the plug,just got a new plug

Posted By: Grant_K

Re: Skeeter Leak - 05/02/12 09:25 PM

Yep, mine was the housing on the livewell pumps also.

Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Skeeter Leak - 05/02/12 10:03 PM

+1 on the livewell pumps.

Posted By: FZ1

Re: Skeeter Leak - 05/02/12 11:18 PM

Probably,a Thru Hull leak. Automatic bilge pumps prevent the water from "sneaking up" on you.

Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Skeeter Leak - 05/03/12 05:28 PM

I have had 2 livewell leaks on mine over 25 years. Once a hose fitting came loose. The second time a rat ate through a hose. I finally got tired of them nesting in my boat and poisoned them. Guess what they look for when that poison starts to eat up their insides?

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum