Texas Fishing Forum

Nitro boats

Posted By: Fat Boy Fishing

Nitro boats - 02/25/12 08:20 PM

I am in the market for a new boat. I would like to hear pros/cons on the z-8 or the z-9. There is about a $20,000 difference between Nitro and the others. Thanks.

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 04:02 AM

I have fished off my bil z7 and i was very impressed.

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: BIGDskeeter
I am in the market for a new boat. I would like to hear pros/cons on the z-8 or the z-9. There is about a $20,000 difference between Nitro and the others. Thanks.
If you own a big name brand boat already and have equity in it "doooon't dooooo iiiiit" if you plan on trading up in a few years. I did that few year back, selling a Ranger and buying a Nitro. Let's just say it lightened my wallet quiet a bit......Nitro builds a good boat and are great value but the the boat market as a whole doesn't have much respect for that value and it is reflected in what folks are willing to pay for the Nitro a few years down the road....

Posted By: Dayne

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 12:54 PM

I fished in a Z9 and was not impressed at all.

Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 01:01 PM

A bud of mine has a 2007 21ft Nitro w/225 Optimax with less than 50hrs. I have tryed to help him sell it. 23K and no lookers. In other words the resale is terrible.

Posted By: Gary Pender

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 01:38 PM

Old perceptions, resale values are contingent on a lot of factors such as local economies,boat condition and so on. we have traded this year 5 or six prior Ranger/Skeeter owners out of their preceived top of the line boats into Nitros and every one is impressed with the boats and the $15,000.oo or so they saved. Large fishing decks, great styling, storage, rough water ride,economy and performance. Quality since 2007 has surpassed the others. The only true measurment of quality that is quantifiable is warranty claims which is hard numbers and not just opionas, or I heard, or my buddy comments.Warranty claims are almost non existant. These boats are as good or better than the others and represent huge value. Tracker/Nitro is the largest manufacture of this type of boat and has reduced it's production cost by acheiving greater economies of scale than the others and this cost reduction is passed along the end user . I'm sure that as time moves forward you will see a migration of Skeeter/Ranger owners into Nitros due to the value. As far as resale goes , I would rather have 15,000 in hand now than gamble on future values. Resale value is only a small percentage and would not come close to the original up front cost savings of the boat. Simple concepts such as The time value /present value of money come into play, given the nature of boats being a deprecating asset and not an investment.Nitros by far help people save money up front.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 02:57 PM

Resale value is a weak argument. Purchase price - resale = total cost of ownership. $15,ooo up front in hand or less borrowed most certainly can not be recovered in resale alone. $15,000 extra on a loan, cost more if the so called top of the line boat is financed. Interest expense has no value to me and adds up quick thus reduceing and resale savings that might be realized. I think that it boils down to old pre conceived individual ideas. Sort of the old FORD vs CHEVY rivals of the 1960's performance car wars. CASH ON THE BARREL HEAD UP FRONT GIVEN THE SAME QUALITY PRODUCT SHOULD BE A MAJOR CONSIDERATION.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 03:05 PM

Thanks guys. I sold my skeeter I class last year and I am getting boat fever. I looked and played with every boat manufacturer yesterday at the classic in Shreveport and I came away very impressed with nitro. There was a $20,000 difference and the nitro had a power pole, padded deck, more storage, and the upgraded electronics that I wanted. I can find very few complaints on the boats or the nitro service department which speaks volumes to me. I had horrible service experiences with my skeeter.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 03:07 PM

Good luck with the fever.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 03:37 PM

Dayne- WhAt did you not like?

Posted By: RangerP

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 04:12 PM

Not to knock Gary but he is selling his own product. I have not looked at any new Nitros but a few years ago I looked and there was a huge difference in the quality compared to a ranger.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 05:39 PM

RangerP, I'm a Nitro dealer but if I could not justify the value argument I promise I would not.Posting here would be self destrutive if the argument could not be backed up. I think maybe next time your out and about stop and look at the Nitro with a critical eye and then provide specific items that don't meet the standard. I would like to know. $15,ooo to $20,ooo is a load of money and could be used for a lot of upgrades like power poles, lss1,hds 10 with cash left over. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 06:49 PM

Ranger P is there $20,000 difference? There is not in my skeeter I class. What in your opinion are the drawbacks to the nitro if you dont mind sharing? Thanks again for all the input guys.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 07:04 PM

I do believe that you get what you pay for. I don't however know the quality of the new Nitros. Please don't mistake this as "bashing" them because I am not. From what I have heard others say that when you upgrade everything on them to bring them up to where the other manufactures are they are a lot closer in price. In my experience when I was looking for a boat a couple of years ago I looked at several used Nitros and the seats were already torn,carpet was worn, and one of them had alot of stress cracks on the whole nose of the boat. The salesman told me they were there because the last owner loaded the boat too hard and it happened when the bow eye would hit the roller. My dad works is in the fiberglass business and he told me it is from too much flex from thin glass. Also I talked to some fiberglass repair shops and asked what brand boats do they see the least and Ranger was at the top of that list.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 09:44 PM

What upgrades, these things need to be defined to quantify, ambiguity means nothing.Torn seats, bow damage tend to be owner induced. I also belive you get what you paid for but so far no one has justified the price delta. Used boats are just that... did prior owner keep it covered, or garaged, stand in the seats with out regard.All contingent, owner variables. Come on guys these negitive comments are a simple hear say. Thin fiberglass.. come on .No such condition exist. I own and drive several 100 plus mph, gps boats and it's not uncommon to get gel coat crazing due to wave impacts or torque twist of the hull under power...300 hp on a 500 lbs hull. ck the weight of all of the boats and you will see. This is quantifiable. This is simple negitive preception. I own a Ranger/Skeeter ther fore I don't like the others.If you have $10,ooo or $20,ooo to burn go for it . It's your money. I talked to SOME fiberglass shops... give me a break, from what I have heard from others, PLEASE, STOP THE BULL S...RANGERP NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK BUT COME ON. Quantify the preceived preceptions with real measurable facts

Posted By: opus

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 09:59 PM

On identically rigged boats $15 to $20k difference should be a NO BRAINER but some people have no brains

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 10:13 PM

opus, you got it. I love those hot chubies @ the chech stop. I drive my rear off when i'm north of Waco just to get them.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 10:15 PM

Yep pretty good stuff they sell millions of um

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 10:20 PM

The parking lot drives me crazy. People lined up like Auto Zone in east austin on Sat. afternoon.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 10:25 PM

Wow I didn't mean to get a war started lol. My I class had cracks on both sides by my rod tie downs. That boat was stickered at over $60,000. Ranger I appreciate your input as well as the rest of you. I still don't think I can justify the money gap. Now I still haven't ridden in a nitro so the decision is still up in the air.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 10:29 PM

Like I said I am not going to enter a pissing match with you these are just my experiences with Nitro! The man that started this thread ask so I was letting him know. What I saw is 100% truth and I really don't care if you or anyone else believes me. I encourage anyone to buy what they want and I also don't expect the ones selling a certain product to do any less but stand up for it. So great jod there! Once again I am only one in a million to tell my story so no one should ever go on one persons thought. Also make no mistake no BS here just honesty. The boat I looked at was only 20 months old so in my opion those things shouldn't be. Thanks for reading!

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 10:54 PM

They all flex and gel coat crazes, they are man made and price is the only differance. So if money does not matter spend it as you please. Nitro simply gives you more for the money. Thanks for the comments and I think the facts will prevail. KVD could buy or fish out of anything he want's to but he is in a Nitro. Can't argue success.NITRO IS THE ABOSOLUTE BEST DEAL OUT THERE FOR A BASS BOAT.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/26/12 11:02 PM

I've been hit in the wallet first hand by this situation and believe me it is a whole diffrent deal when you are on the receiving end of this loss in value and versus when you are trying to sell the product. That being said; like I said earlier, if you are already in the high end boat market I wouldn't do it, but if you are buying out right, no trade or boat equity involved its a deal.
One other thing that I think would be a shot in the arm for Nitro is to compare their construction to the top end brand boats if they want to join their league. Nitro needs to do a cut away boat and in their brochures and talk about their hull, stringer/transom design/layout/construction, including the deck. When I look at their sales material and boats at a dealership or a boat show I should be able to see what I am paying for just like the other major players in this market, I get the feeling from looking at their stuff that they are trying to hide something, like where they have cut corners on construction to build a cheaper boat. If they want to be a major player they don't need to leave me or any other potential customer thinking that way. I think for the average consumer that has been in this sport for a while and is a potential repeat buyer, if they look at these boats and all the others for any time at all the question is going to come to mind, What are they hiding? My two cents

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 12:15 AM

That's pure old school preception. The day you get Ranger/Skeeter to disect a boat I will get Nitro to do it in a head to head comparison. Be careful what you ask for. Your accusation of Nitro hiding something is simply an effort on your part to hide the facts. Your bad experiance with you trade is a simple fact that you paid to much for the boat that you traded, and thats my point. Nitro sets the pace for all others and it's time that the others step up and reduce their cost of production. And one other point, if it's not a function of cost then it's gross profit for them. If your ok paying $15,000 to $20,ooo extra have at it. They are cleaning your clock. I'm all in for a side by side comparison so bring it on.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 12:15 AM

I am buying out right no trade. Like I said I spent probably 45 minutes with a rep Saturday at the classic going over every inch of a z9 and I personally could not see any differences in construction and it had more storage than the skeeter I had. I hope to keep this post going for awhile just to get more input. I won't be buying until this summer sometime.

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 12:16 AM

I have always heard the nitro bashing. I fished out of BIL's nitro and his is the 18'6'' footer. I have a 19'6'' foot champ (which i love) and his boat had more room than mine did and better rod lockers. I warned him not to buy it becausebof all i had heard but after fishing from it i am almost sold on them. I looked it over for 2 hours and did not see any corners being cut. I am a fairly serious bass fisherman but i live on a budget and i could never afford a brand new boat unless it was a nitro. So it comes down to either a brand new nitro or a used boat. I still think it is crazy to see boats that are 4-5 years old and what people ask for them. If they are asking that much i will just buy a new one.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 01:45 AM

Thanks coach. That brand new boat also comes with brand new WARRANTY and that is huge when buying a boat. Things are going to break on a boat sooner or later. I just can't buy a used boat because i have no idea what a used boat has been through.

Posted By: texcajun

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 02:09 AM

I would never be afraid to buy a used boat if I had done my due diligence. Yeah, it doesn't have a warranty, but the money saved can more than make up for the lack of warranty. When I bought my boat I was willing to pay 15k for it new, then I came across the same boat used for 6k and in great shape. Took the money I saved and rigged the boat the way I wanted and still got it for under 10k. I've had some minor issues over the last 4 years I've owned it but nothing that made me regret not having a warranty.

Good luck on your purchase and however you decide to spend your money.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 02:35 AM

To me its a status symbol 60k boat, Cadilac glorified Chevy, Lexus glorified Toyota, Lincoln glorified Ford as long as people keep payin the prices why go down good buisness

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Pender
That's pure old school preception. The day you get Ranger/Skeeter to disect a boat I will get Nitro to do it in a head to head comparison. Be careful what you ask for. Your accusation of Nitro hiding something is simply an effort on your part to hide the facts. Your bad experiance with you trade is a simple fact that you paid to much for the boat that you traded, and thats my point. Nitro sets the pace for all others and it's time that the others step up and reduce their cost of production. And one other point, if it's not a function of cost then it's gross profit for them. If your ok paying $15,000 to $20,ooo extra have at it. They are cleaning your clock. I'm all in for a side by side comparison so bring it on.
Both Ranger and Skeeter have disected boats and have had for years, I looked at both of them in Shreveport this weekend. Where is Nitro's? If Nitro is so good then they are leaving money laying on the table by not showing what they have inside their boats. Skeeter even had a transom/stringer set up you could look at that broke theirs down even further. As far as value, been there done that, got the T-shirt. I stand by what I say. Don't do it if you own a high end boat. You will regret it if you plan on trading later.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 12:14 PM

Nitro, is a high end boat but not high priced like the others. I'll make some calls and see if I can find out about a cut boat. It would not suprise me if the boats you saw in Shreveport were manufactured display models. I think a better comparison would be random boats cut to show...then you could see? Must be nice to Pitch $10,000/$20,000 for nothing except a preception that I got more because it's a Ranger/Skeeter. Like another poster said "brains".

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 02:13 PM

I have this 2007 989 Nitro looks new. The tits are still on the trailer tires, 225 Optimax with less than 50hrs. Pender just talked to owner, he said he will deliver it to you for 21K.

Posted By: T Bird

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 02:49 PM

Can't help on Z-8/9, but I just bought a 2005 901 CDX and love it. If I were in the market for a "new" boat, my budget would holler Nitro. I think you get alot boat for a good price. I've always kept/maintained/upgraded my boats about every 10 years so the resale issue being debated was not as important to me as it would be to folks who trade/sale every 2-3 years. In my hunble opinion the depreciation on all new boats really s--ks! Lot's of factors/varibles to consider. Good luck on your purchase.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 06:07 PM

Thanks Purdy, but between the 3 100 mph tunnels and 2 pontoons and my old skeeter I'm out of space. However, i do have a company owned 2012 Z8 that I'm putting a wrap on now and have sold add space to 8 to 10 local business. Would you like to contribute $200.00 for 2 spaces on the boat. The boat will be on the TTZ1 trail this year and will be seen by a lot of people. I'll put some pics up Thursday when I get the boat back. It's going to look like a million bucks.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 07:14 PM

Well I still haven't heard a good reason not to buy a nitro

Posted By: Jaredk

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 08:02 PM

Why does everyone think Nitro's are the cheapest? When comparable models, rigged the same, side-by-side, this just isnt the case. I spent all of 2010 looking/comparing new boats and triton, stratos, phoenix were cheaper. I ended up with a brand new Triton TR-18 SE w/ Opti 150 for under $22k (small dealer). This was about $1k cheaper than a Z7 w/ opti 150 from BPS.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: E8C-ENG
Why does everyone think Nitro's are the cheapest? When comparable models, rigged the same, side-by-side, this just isnt the case. I spent all of 2010 looking/comparing new boats and triton, stratos, phoenix were cheaper. I ended up with a brand new Triton TR-18 SE w/ Opti 150 for under $22k (small dealer). This was about $1k cheaper than a Z7 w/ opti 150 from BPS.
Let me start out by saying this went way further than I intended it to and if I stepped on some toes, I apolgize. I am currently looking at boats and plan to purchase one in the next year or two. I have been out of the game for a while to raise a family. I have been looking at the Nitros as well because I don't have to worry about boat equity. There are 2011 and 2012 Nitro brochures on my night stand even as I type this. I also have Ranger, Skeeter, and Legend brochures as well. Right now if I were to buy a boat it would be between a Z7 or Z8 Nitro and the new TZX190 Skeeter if I buy a new rig. I am also thinking about used rigs as well and if I come across a good deal that boat could be any brand. I'm not a brand fantic, never have been, never will be. Just as EC8 pointed out, something that I noticed when I started adding the extras to the Nitro and that is I was getting aweful close to the price of a more expensive brand of boat. I like to focus on getting the most for my money and not loosing any in the process of anything I buy.....In today's economy that is more important than ever......In closing I think Nitro's are OK the one I had was the best riding boat I ever owned. I just think Nitro could better themselves if when I opened the brochure, that instead of explaining the process of how well their trailers are made and breaking that down, they did this with the boat constuction instead. After all, I'm not going to be driving that trailer over stumps and obticles in a lake or river......my two cents.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/27/12 11:55 PM

Hey Purdy,do you think your bud will cut that boat up for a display? I'll be needing one ? He /you don't value it so I thought I would ask.Also, will he deliver? Just asking?

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 12:16 AM

GARY PURDY, I'll take if he cuts it in half ,also will ya'll deliver. Due to it's poor quality and low value do you think he , your BUD will just unload it. I'm in need of a display .

Posted By: tcm68

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 12:37 AM

I have a new Z8 2011 I bought this past summer, and I love it. Where in East Texas are you located BigD? I plan on being on Rayburn this coming weekend and if you like, wouldn't mind letting come try it out.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 12:42 AM

GARY PURDY, I'll take if he cuts it in half ,also will ya'll deliver. Due to it's poor quality and low value do you think he , your BUD will just unload it. I'm in need of a display .
Gary I'll take the other half......

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 12:48 AM

OGLES824, what are you going to do with it? LOL, Thats funny. Took a secound.. you want the motor half.Good call.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 01:59 AM

Tcm- I actually live in Center. Rayburn is only maybe 45 minutes from me. Thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on that.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 02:04 AM

BIGDskeeter, I will have a z8 for demo if your in the area. Let me know.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 02:06 AM

Ok thanks Gary

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 02:43 AM

Not a problem, just send me PM if you decide to.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 02:04 PM

OGLES824, what are you going to do with it? LOL, Thats funny. Took a secound.. you want the motor half.Good call.
No I'd like to have the front half that way when I walk into my garage I can at least pretend that I own a bass boat. LOL...........

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 02:12 PM

23K and yall can do what ever you want with it. That is what he owes on it. The boat is like new. Can get a picture if anyone interested. Just to add I helped a bud sell his 2006 Sketter ZX250 w/250HPDI for 25K in 2 weeks during the same time. Had 6 people interested in the Skeeter in 2 weeks. Have had 2 interested in the Nitro in over 1 year.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: gary purdy
23K and yall can do what ever you want with it. That is what he owes on it. The boat is like new. Can get a picture if anyone interested. Just to add I helped a bud sell his 2006 Sketter ZX250 w/250HPDI for 25K in 2 weeks during the same time. Had 6 people interested in the Skeeter in 2 weeks. Have had 2 interested in the Nitro in over 1 year.

Let me get this straight. You say the 2007 Nitro w/225hp is worth 23K, And the 2006 Skeeter w/250HP is worth 25K. And assuming that by the discussions in this post the Nitro cost 15 to 20K less than the Skeeter new, and the difference between the 225hp and the 250hp alone is about 3-5k. My math says that the Skeeter owner comes out way behind the Nitro owner or the Nitro owner should be able to drop the price of his boat to 13K and come out the same as the Skeeter as far as investment vs return.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 03:44 PM

THE NUMBERS JUST DON'T ADD UP. AGREED.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 04:18 PM

That's what I'm getting out of it too. Hhmmm

Posted By: TEAMBIGSTICK

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 04:51 PM

I have a 911cdc w/225 merc and love the thing. I have friend that just bought a new ranger and I love it to. The main difference is hauling cost. The nitro is very heavy, but makes up for it when your on the water in 20-30 mph wind. Ranger handles it as well, just alittle rougher and a lot wetter. he has a 250 merc. and as far as speed goes about 5 mph diff. Nitro has a ton of storage compaired to ranger also. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 06:09 PM

There is no reason to not buy a Nitro. we are seeing a huge migration of Ranger/skeeter owners moving up into Nitro's with 0 complaints. Like I said it's just old school perception and preferance.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 07:18 PM

I was very impressed with the amount of storage on the z9 this weekend. It had way more than my skeeter had.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 08:23 PM

Nitro z9 is an absolute top of the line rig. It offers so much more than the others and once they get over their negitive perceptions of it Ranger/Skeeter are going to have to get competitive on price. IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING...INDUSTRY WISE.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/28/12 08:36 PM

Well I believe my mind is made up

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 12:37 AM

So.... what are you going to buy?

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 01:26 AM

Assuming I like the test drive I will be purchasing a new z9 in the next 6 months. Thanks for all the input guys.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 01:56 AM

Hey Purdy, since that Nitro your "BUD" has for sale is not saleable would you consider giveing it to us for a display? JUST ASKING.

Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 05:22 AM

I've seen nitros that don't survive the sales floor without damage. I'm sure they've come a long way but to put them on par with ranger is not right.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 12:18 PM

Pender! As per normal you have no idea what to say. They do`nt do a cutaway of a Nitro for a good reason.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 12:18 PM

They are as good or better than Ranger. I'm still looking for quantifiable data that shows why Skeeter/Ranger are worth $10,ooo/$20,000 more .

Posted By: BMCD

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 10:07 PM

One thing I have been impressed with is that they seem to listen, We have asked for changes, and they have made them over the years. A quick look and you will see they have some unique features on them. From the trailer up. The under console storage compartments, Dimmer switches on the console. Galva shield coating on a tube steel trailer. The Z9\Z8 are well thought out. I do like the Ranger Z520 and 21, use to fish out of one a lot. No doubt they are good boats. But there live wells are not that great. Ever try to replace a pump on a Ranger? The high gunnels on the front deck of the rangers are not for me. Storage is ok on the Ranger not near the space a Z9 has though. I'd also say the resale as a percentage is close to the same.

Re: Nitro boats - 02/29/12 10:47 PM

Purdy, old school perceptions, your living in the past with all old ideas. But i'm still interested in your "BUDS" Nitro if ya'll just want to get rid of it. If you will give it to me I'll gladly cut it in half. i think one of the other members on here wanted the front half.

Posted By: georgeth

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 05:16 AM

The Nitro RC Boat with a K/B engine is available. The boat is blue with pin stripes and is 28" long X 14" wide. It has a tool box stand, comes with about a gallon of new fuel (still in shipping box), 1 glow plug igniter with charger and several glow plugs. There is a Futuba remote (never used) and all servos work.

Posted By: WTBOATMAN

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 01:59 PM

Before yo buy a Nitro, go to austinbassfishing.com and check this out " WHY NOT TO BUY A NITRO BOAT " UNLESS YOU WANT TO MAKE A $40-$50 THOUSAND DOLLAR MISTAKE

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 02:07 PM

This guy really needs to sell this 2007 21ft Nitro 225 Optimax less than 50hrs. Warranty can be purchased.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 02:16 PM

What! No offers, this boat has less than 50hrs and looks like new.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 03:07 PM

Need to quit drinking that nitro koolaid. An untrained eye can look at a nitro next to a ranger and point out why the ranger is better. Cheap latches on the lids, hollow sounding deck, flimsy lids on lockers, cheap bungee straps to hold rods down, lower grade carpet all hallmark the nitro.

Posted By: ssmith

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 03:26 PM

sounds like a ranger owner trying to justify all that extra money that was spent if you look at in reality there is not a brand of boat if you buy it new an decide to sell it next yr because of loss of intrest or so on no matter what kind you are going to lose a lot of money.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 06:22 PM

The Nitro on Austin Bass Fishing was a 4 owner boat that a previous owner damaged and repaired. You guys that paid $15/20k extra just accept it.The current Nitros have come forward in all aspects while the others just fool you with higher prices and as some have mentioned the Rangers/Skeeters have gone backwards in Quaility while Nitro has given fisherman more value without giving up quaility.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/01/12 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: rxkid2001
I've seen nitros that don't survive the sales floor without damage. I'm sure they've come a long way but to put them on par with ranger is not right.

Really?? I've seen a Ranger being towed back to the boat ramp, I guess they are all pieces of $^#&@.

Doesn't anybody have a legitimate grievance with NItro??? It's always I have a buddy who has a buddy stories. The point is that all boats are bottomless money pits that will eventually have a problem if not taken care of properly.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 04:37 AM

I've seen at the springfield location more than one rig with broken parts, as long as one of their locations here. I actually own a 1995 ranger that I would take over a brand new nitro any day. I've also seen about every boat brand being towed back to the dock at some time or other, which usually means engine trouble. We're not talking about engines here. I agree all boats are money pits, just some will have more problems sooner because of build quality. Nitro fits that bill.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 04:24 PM

Nitro build quality has improved over both Ranger and Skeeter and is quantifable by warranty claims . Claims for Nitros have dropped to almost 0 which if your comments about cheap hardware and poor build quaility are true then I guess that customers who have bought Nitros are riding and fishing in boats that are falling apart but not complaing about it. You guys that paid to much just need to realize it. $15000/$20000 is and incredible amount of money for something that just did not give you what you paid for. I'm sure that a big chunk of that price delta is manufacture/dealer profit.

Posted By: nel75929

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 05:05 PM

I'm new to this forum and just moved to texas for a while with work, but this thread peaked my interest. My home is in South Carolina where I live on lake hartwell. I bass fish as a hobby, not a full time job. I don't have or have reason to spend 60k+ on a bass boat.

I bought a Nitro Z-6 a little over a year ago because it fit the bill. I bought it at the boat show in Greenville, SC after walking around and looking at the rangers, skeeter's, etc... comparable "low end" models and seeing the price differences as well as the difference in features. The Nitro, at that level, had everything I needed and many of the features I didn't get with the others without spending a great deal more.

My boat now has been used running all over hartwell and keowee, loaded in and out a good many times, and also sat at my dock in the water for weeks at a time during last summer. A couple months ago I pulled nearly 1000 miles out to Dallas with no issue and since I've taken it to fork and hubbard. I even got it stuck coming around the back side of the island at the entrance to birch creek on fork with the water low, but that's a different story all together.

I've had no issues with my nitro at all. I can understand being loyal to a brand, and we all are for certain things. However, as a newer Nitro owner I can tell you that my experience has been nothing but positive - and I have no complaints on build quality at all.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 05:18 PM

Another unsolicited customer testimonial. nel75929, glad to hear from you. if I can ever help call me .Gary Pender 512 250 9000

Posted By: HasBen

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 05:56 PM

One of the keys to be successful in any kind of business is continuous improvement. Though not perfect, I would say Nitro has improved more in the last few years than almost any other boat company. I think it shows a commitment on their part to quality and hopefully they will continue with the program.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 06:51 PM

HasBen, thanks for your input and I know that it,s valued.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/02/12 09:16 PM

Thanks for the info. Nel and hasben

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 01:01 AM

Ok, I've asked for details regarding what you get for $15000/$20000 MORE from Skeeter and Ranger but no one has provided anything . Nitro has improved and has held sales prices down while the others have had a decress in quailty and incress in price. I look at all of these boats daily and I'll tell you there is no differance.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 03:50 AM

Ok, we get it, you sell Nitros. If anyone will listen to someone who makes a living selling a particular item without realizing they might be just a bit biased.......go right on ahead, it doesnt effect me.

The fact of the matter is that, if for some reason, Tracker let you go you would move on & work for a Ranget/triton/stratos/skeeter/etc. dealer & your story would change just like EVERY other dealer.

Posted By: FishFear Me

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 08:40 AM

Years ago I owned a Nitro TF185 I bought the boat used and it never left me stranded on the water. I am back in the market for another boat looked at a lot of the manufactures at the Dallas boat show. Now granted I am by far no expert on bass boats but when I seen a Skeeter with a m.s.r.p. of over 81,000.00 I almost hit the ground never did I think I would see a bass boat cost more than half of what my house did. Went to the Nitro dealer in S.Ft.Worth and looked at all the Z series except for the Z-6, I was very impressed with what I saw in the Nitro compared to my last one huge differe nce from then and now. Honestly what has Ranger changed in the past 10 to 20 years there storage isn't as big as Nitro leg room under there console isn't as deep as Nitro but bottom line is everyone likes something different its personal preference. If you can afford and wants to spend 80,000.00 on a bass boat drop the money but like myself I can't. But if I do buy a new boat it will probably be a Nitro. If you like ranger buy a ranger if you like skeeter by all means by a skeeter if you like Nitro buy Nitro most people have a budget on what they can spend on a boat so buy what you can afford and enjoy it the fish can't read what's on the side of the boat. Bottom line is have fun ripping lips and telling the stories about the one that got away and if any of you do get fish jumping into your boat because of who made it please let me know because that will be the one I buy.

Best Regards,
Fishfear_Me
Bass Fishing Rodeo Clown

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 12:52 PM

Studying this, I really don't see the savings when you add freight prep, charges and then option up the Z9 to meet the what is on a compatible ZX Skeeter, The Z9 comes in @$43,815. I've been told by someone who just bought a new ZX Skeeter that you can get a new 20 ft model priced in the lower to mid $40k range. I crunched the numbers on the Z7 versus its Skeeter counter part and come up with the same thing. I haven't done this with a Ranger or any other brand of boat, but a I bet their are others out there that can compete in this price range just as easy, my two cents.....

Here's something else to consider when buying a new rig.......
http://skeeterboats.com/my_boat/

What Skeeter says about their construction....Can a Nitro do this?
http://skeeterboats.com/buying_guide/skeeter_innovation/freshwater/design/

Nitro's warranty...
http://nitroboats.com/about/NITRO_Z-Series_Warranty.PDF

What Nitro says about their construction....
http://nitroboats.com/about/quality-and-construction.cfm

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 04:52 PM

E8C-ENG, I work because I enjoy it not because I have to. Having retired once and fishing ,boating and traveling for 3 years I decided to go back to work doing something I enjoy.

To get on here and make statements about our product that are not true would be self destrutive and I'm not motivated to speak about these boats because of my employ. And by the way ,I'm not a salesman and if I had to work to sustain myself I would rather sell Rangers/Skeeters because of there high gross margines, because the commisions you guys are paying to the dealers are off the charts.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 07:00 PM

Ogles- I agree about skeeters. I am coming out of a skeeter 20i and I absolutely loved it. I would not be having this conversation if not for one big thing..SERVICE DEPARTMENT. I had a terrible experience at a dealership that is supposed to be the flagship of skeeter dealers. I had my skeeter for 4 years and in that time span they went through 6 service managers. I had serveral problems with them and the last time I took my boat there it sat outside for 4 weeks and when I went to pick it up several pieces of equipment were missing. All they did was say "sorry" and "goodbye". Because of their service department they lost a customer for life. My decision is solely Ranger vs. Nitro.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 07:32 PM

Ogles- I agree about skeeters. I am coming out of a skeeter 20i and I absolutely loved it. I would not be having this conversation if not for one big thing..SERVICE DEPARTMENT. I had a terrible experience at a dealership that is supposed to be the flagship of skeeter dealers. I had my skeeter for 4 years and in that time span they went through 6 service managers. I had serveral problems with them and the last time I took my boat there it sat outside for 4 weeks and when I went to pick it up several pieces of equipment were missing. All they did was say "sorry" and "goodbye". Because of their service department they lost a customer for life. My decision is solely Ranger vs. Nitro.
I've been there with a Nitro dealer too. Had chip where the transom meets the keel and took it back to get it fixed. They farmed it out to a local fiberglass shop. The boat was gone for 3 months. Every 2 weeks I would call about it and they would tell me it wasn't ready. One day I got a mechanics lean notice on my boat from the fiberglass shop saying they were going to seize it if I didn't pay the bill. The shop told me the boat was ready for me to pick up 2 or 3 days after they got it and it sat there almost 3 months......This dealer is no longer in business....If you want to buy a Nitro I understand fully. I'd still look at the other brands a lot closer first.

Posted By: Javelin

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 08:10 PM

As much as I hate to, I have to agree with Gary Ponder here. five years or more ago Nitro was what I felt trash. Today however they are very nice and well made boats (BTW I own a Ranger). I have looked at several brands of new boats this year and while yes Ranger, legend, phenoix and basscat may have just a hair more fit and finish, Nitro is right there with them and at least as good as Stratos, skeeter and some others. It is also true you can get a Nitro with HDS units, Powerpole/talon and all the other stuff that the others have for no less than 10K less than the other boat with the exact same options.

Posted By: EFS Jr

Re: Nitro boats - 03/03/12 09:01 PM

Not sure if I want to jump in but here goes.... I've owned several different boats over the years From Stratos, Champions, Rangers and Tritons. I would say my Tritons have been the best boats I've owned, but then again it's a personnal choice after owning the different brands. My last Ranger came from the factory new with scrathes and scapes and the carpet didnt fit correctly. Boat had to be sent back to factory to be fixed. Took 4 months before i got the boat back and it was new to start with. Thats was my last Ranger. My last 4 boats have been Tritons with no problems, great boats IMO. Sold my boat 2 years ago and now I'm purchasing a new boat. The dealer I purchased my tritons from was one of the largest dealers of Tritons in the US switched to Nitros in 2010. As he stated, he thinks your so called name brand boats are pricing themselves out of the market for your everyday fisherman. We priced out a new Z9 veres the samesize boat in Tritons line and there was a 21K difference in the boats. Why? Dont have a answer.
Here's how I looked at this process.... You take boat Brands A to Z, they ALL use the same after market manufractors for their Outboards, Trolling motors, Electronics, Hyd steering, Gauges, Batterys and Chargers, Blinker trim, Hootfoots and even the trailers they ride on are similar or the same. What your left with is your fishing platform, all similar in layout. Platform front and rear, livewells etc.... If you check out their construction you will find that 2010 Nitro has upgraded their construction and meterials. They use the same grade marine carpet on their decks, same fiberglass materials for the hulls and caps ect... Nitros has contiuned to improve their materials and quality of their boats to the point where they and coming up to the same quality of those Brands A to Z and is much better than most. Now, it's a personal choice, if you want to spend that extra 20 to 30K more for a boat, your choice. Myself, I can spend the 60 to 80K on one of those brands, am i going to, hell no, makes no sense, dont see the reason. Can buy a quality Nitro that will be a execellent boat for my needs and i dont have to take out a 15 year loan to pay for it. With all my past boats and after my research my next boat will be a Z9, with money left over in the bank. Personal choice, thats why there so many choices for everyone.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/04/12 02:33 AM

Service is a key component in the buying decision. I've heard all of the poor service stories . A service experiance good or bad is a result of just two components. People and or process.If a dealer is commited to sustained business growth he/she will hire,train,motivate his staff and reward them accordinly. Someone said something about six service managers in a short period of time. Yes, this distroys the customers experiance and is typicaly a sign of poor business practices. I live by the rule that the most important decision I make as a manager is who I hire. Why would you hire someone that does not support sustained growth? I've been in my service manager position for just under 3 years and had no service management experiance prior, however had a lot of management experiance and high performance outboard experiance. Our store has developed lasting long term relationships with our customers who will not go any where else. Service sells boats. So if you are considering a new boat, price and service are the primary considerations. Nitro has improved and is listening to their customers. My question is why would you defend poor survice and pay $2oK more. Tracker Marine Austin Tx. will not dis apoint you. SERVICE WHILE YOU WATCH NOT WAIT. ALL 2/5 YEAR OLD BOATS CLEANED BEFORE YOU PICK THEM UP. Gary Pender 512 250 9000. One more comment, my service department has had no personnel changes in 2 years except that we hired a rigger who has completed Mercury University and will be certified as a tech. and is being promoted to a tech. position. WE ARE LOOKING TO ADD A NEW RIGGER, WHO WILL BE GIVEN THE SAME OPPORTUNITY. Our store has had double didget increases in service and parts sales inspite of gas prices, historic droughts for 3 years. We must be doing something right given that dealers are dropping off the radar daily.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/04/12 03:34 AM

I went to BPS Garland today and looked at these boats again. I opened every compartment on a Z6 and looked at the fit a finish and everything seemed to be in order for a good boat. I was even able to feel the fiberglass construction inside the hull, I pushed on it with my hand outside the hull in the same spot and it felt plenty thick and solid. I do agree that other boats do cost $10k to $20k more but if you look closer, the same people that build these boats also often build boat that can go toe to toe with a Nitro, price wise and in every other catagory. It's all in what flavor you want. These high end boats aren't built for working stiffs like me, but for the guy that owns the construction company or landscape business, etc. that has been very successful that is going to go out and pay cash for a premium boat like the Commanche Ranger or Skeeter FX class as a reward to himself for that success. I got this directly from a Skeeter factory rep. Skeeter builds the ZX and TZX class boats for guys like me, Ranger does the same with the Z100 series boats. Tracker/Nitro builds a good boat but they have always marketed their boats with a lowball price that always ends up costing quiet a bit more than the advertised price by the time you factor in prep and destination fees and a hand full of add ons. In the end it really boils down to what you want, what is visually appealing to you......That little Z6 really got under my skin this afternoon, it was in my favorite color combination in a Nitro. It sure was hard to walk away from it, but I knew I had to. I'm paying for college right now and need to pay off a few more things before I jump.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/04/12 03:55 AM

E8C-ENG, I work because I enjoy it not because I have to. Having retired once and fishing ,boating and traveling for 3 years I decided to go back to work doing something I enjoy.

To get on here and make statements about our product that are not true would be self destrutive and I'm not motivated to speak about these boats because of my employ. And by the way ,I'm not a salesman and if I had to work to sustain myself I would rather sell Rangers/Skeeters because of there high gross margines, because the commisions you guys are paying to the dealers are off the charts.

As I said earlier, I bought a Triton from a small dealer for a grand less than I could have gotten a Z7 from a big box retailer (BPS) who's pockets are really getting larger? Rigged exactly the same Nitro is rarely cheaper than all but Ranger.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 12:13 PM

So it sounds like Nitro has improved and is listening to there customers. i'll put up some info on options and exact pricing for a more detailed comparisons to the other boats to see if the standard equipment argument holds water.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 04:01 PM

Thanks Gary

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 04:21 PM

Ok, I'll start with a Z6 and go thru the Z9. All of these boats are on my floor and are 2012 models. Z6/115 OptiMax, $22875.00 includes freight and prep. This boat has the port console and comes with a $1000.00 Bass Ptro gift card. Foam filled fiberglass sringers, Mark-5x fishfinder, all instruments, 12v 54 lb motor guide, 2 bank charger, 32 gal. aerated and divided aft live well with timer, recirculator and pump out system, overssized bow casting platform w/rod hold downs. port and starboard storage lockers and center locker with rod tubes for up to 7 ft. step to bow deck with insulated cooler.3 across seating w/drained helm and buddy storage ares,steps to aft deck and drink holders.Color matched poweder trailer with swing away tongue, ez lube hubs.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 04:30 PM

Z7 /Merc 150 pro xs,removable port console, hydraulic steering, $1000.00 Bass Pro gift card, $26030.00 includes prep and freight.Rapid planing System transom for better hole shot, mark-5x fishfinder, 34 gal live well. 2 large lockable rod boxes with lid assists, welded & insulated aluminum compartment lids, hand laid hull with foam filled fiberglass stringers system,stainless prop, 24v 70lb motor guide, powder coated trailer with swing away.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 04:40 PM

2012 Z8 $41080.00 includes freight and prep with 200 Merc OptiMax Pro XS with torque master gear case. Remote oil fill, removable port console, elite 4 color option,, trim lever on colume, hot foot, tilt hydraulic steering, fiberglass fenders tandem trailer, $1000.00 Bass Pro gift card. Hand laid hull with fiberglass stringer system, RPS planing sysytem, fully molded rigging area for easy clean up, 24v 70lb motor guide, modular console w removable tinted winshield, dash dimmer switch, mark-5 x fishfinder, 2 aerated guardian livewells with timers, and max air induction systems , extra large illuminated bow storage box, bow bicycle seat and aft. folding fishing chair. 2 lockable rod boxes. Color matched powde coated trailer with tongur step, led brake lights , swing tongue and ez lube hubs, tandem trailer.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 04:53 PM

2012 Z9 w/250 Merc OptiMax Pro XS with torque master gear case.$47930.00, includes freight and prep. Nitro ratchet cover, 4 bank charger,HDS7 on bow, HDS10 in dash with structure scan LSS1,trim on colume, hot foot,keel guard, Minkota fortrex 36v, 101lb,with transducer us2, retractable tie downs, spare tire kit, white letter tires.Hand laid hull with fiberglassd stringer system, RPS planing system, modular console for maximum hull strength and maximum leg room.molded in steps to decks, pull out console drawew for easy reach to store. expansive padded bow deck and high capcity dry storage locker, unique gunnels create additional interior space and larger fishing decks color matched trailer tandem and powder coated.swing away tongue, no touch votex hubs.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 04:57 PM

Ok, here it is. I would like someone to give apples to apples price comparisons. Lets here it. Please remember these boats are on my floor and are optioned as indicated, other dealers boats may be set up differant. Z8/9 all have 10 in slidemaster jack plates, fiberglass fenders. all boats are 3 color custom colors. all prices include FREIGHT AND PREP.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 06:57 PM

Pics posted.

Posted By: FishFear Me

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 08:35 PM

Gary when I went and looked at the Nitro I wa told that the Z-line Nitros didnt need a jack plate because of the RPS was I miss informed? That was one of the questions I ask the salesman.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/05/12 09:22 PM

Z8 and 9 come with them, the 6 and 7 do not. On the 7 you can add one but not required. The z 6 has cable steering and if one is added to it , it may require longer cables. The RPS , rapid planning system on the 6 and 7 allow it to plan w/o. So I'm not sure what boat you were discussing with the salesman. Thanks foe asking. Gary

Re: Nitro boats - 03/06/12 12:12 AM

Thanks for all of the interest and I have sent pics to those who requested them. I hope someone will post a $ comparison on similarly equiped boats. I'm into facts not my buddy says stuff.

Posted By: FishinZ7

Re: Nitro boats - 03/06/12 03:08 AM

I bought my Z7 back in 2008, I am a working stiff, don't have deep pockets and found it was the biggest and best bang for the buck boat on the market for me.
Biggest lakes I fish are Falcon and Amistad, I found myself in some pretty rough stuff getting back to the ramps, she always got me home safe and sound, thanking her by patting her on the dash and saying.. thank you baby.
Bottom line.. love it.

Posted By: North Rayburn Fishin'

Re: Nitro boats - 03/06/12 06:59 AM

How much does a Z-7 run with a 175 on it? Wonder how that compares to a Stratos Elite 183 with a 175 at 30K.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/06/12 07:36 PM

Z7 IS ONLY AVAILABLE WITH A 150.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 12:37 AM

No apples to apples comparisons?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 02:16 AM

Gary,
I think when they do your proper homework and comparisons, they will find that Nitro wins, Apples to Apples, no other way to put it, just like I found out.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 02:21 AM

I agree. That's what I have found.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 02:32 AM

Looking for facts, but I do agree with ya'll. Just a little tired of all of the nay sayers and my "BUD"stories from all of the guys who paid to much. Looked at a couple of high dollar Rangers in my shop today and the thing that stands out first is the poor mold quality. The hull under the finish was rippled, I then walked around and looked at a couple of Nitros...new and used and I must say that they were not flawed. Smooth not rippled. I think the guys that paid more for less are licking their wounds because I'm open to fact based conversation. Come on I know your out there.

Posted By: NverGiveUp

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 04:07 AM

I read through all of these post's and have been selling boat for quite some time, been in during the good times and the bad times. I sold Ranger and Stratos in MIchigan were I am originally from (Go KVD LOL) and then have sold Skeeter and Nitros down here in South and East TX. Before I ever lived down here I thought that Ranger and Stratos boats were the best there was, to me they handled the biggest water use great lakes Smallie guys could through at them. I ran 3 Rangers and a Stratos 200 Prol XL through my dealership and truly thought that my Stratos was dryer and deaf way faster than the Rangers. Moving to San Antonio I started selling Skeeters and after understanding the engineering that goes not these boats and seeing them built at the factory, there is truly nothing on the water that even compares. Starting with the Torque transfer system and then including an aluminum deck system to strengthen the floor, along with a constant curvature design so we aren't stressing our fiberglass to be perfectly straight which will give you longevity in your fiberglass. There isn't anything on the market that can compete with it!!!! Being a power matched company with Yamaha makes it that much better. Now I sold Nitros at the San Antonio Bass Pro Shops until they quit paying commissions, but that's another story! The boats are OK not great but they do have quite a few cool ideas I like the trash bin and the extra large storage compartments. If you look at a Z-9 and Z-8 they seem to be following in Skeeters foot steps with a constant curve on there fiberglass instead of having a pizza shaped boat where the front deck is smaller than the back deck. I.E. Legend and Champion and Ranger and Stratos. Bang for the buck it's a great buy but check out Skeeters TZX 190 26,995 plus T.T.L it is competing with the Z-7 and I feel it has more upgrades for the only than the Nitro! This will be a never ending battle so this is just my two sense LOL!!!!

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 11:56 AM

The truth is = Just check my post in Trading Post section #7246823 on the 2007 Nitro for sale. Not one single reply!

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 12:12 PM

Thanks NVERGIVEUP. Tracker Austin, traded a fellow out of a Z7 into a Z9 and we had the Z7 sold before the Z9 was registered in the new owners name. Purdy, my offer to take the Z7 that your "BUD" is selling is still up to disect it for a display. If your not intrsted bring it to Austin and I'm sure we can sell it for full market .
"

Posted By: patriot07

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 01:18 PM

The truth is = Just check my post in Trading Post section #7246823 on the 2007 Nitro for sale. Not one single reply!
No doubt they're much harder to sell. Some of the prices I've seen used Nitros go for, it almost seems like you have to give it away to get rid of it. Ranger has been making boats for a long time and they've been more expensive than most for a long time, so they must be doing something right. And to be clear, I own a little 17' Triton, so I don't have a horse in this particular pi$$ing contest.

That being said, I have seen the new Nitros at BPS and I don't think there's anything wrong with the quality of them at first glance. They appear to use decent components and they're certainly very good looking boats. They are, generally speaking, underpowered and under-accessorized without adding a ton of options. But as Gary said, the price with all those options to get an apples:apples comparison is still lower than Ranger/Skeeter/Triton/BassCat. Obviously you take a big hit on the resale too. But just because the Kia Optima looks just as nice as the Honda Accord on the lot doesn't mean the cars are equally well made.

I do think there's a market for those folks who want a new 21' boat but can only spend $45k for a Nitro instead of $65k for a Ranger. But for those of us who don't have either of those amounts of money and will always be looking at the used market, you've got a lot more faith in buying a used Honda than a used Kia, and that's why the Nitro boats are tough to sell. I'm not trying to make a direct comparison to the quality of a Nitro to the quality of a Kia, but they do target the same market segment in different industries.

Not get too far off subject, but I thought when Triton first came into the market, they were selling boats cheap and really making good quality stuff. But now they're up there with the Rangers and Skeeters and I really am not sure how they're selling boats at that price. I would think they'd have to stay somewhere between Ranger and Nitro, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Our 17' Triton was bought brand new in 1997 for $13,500. You can't touch a new glass boat for that now, and it really wasn't that long ago.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 02:00 PM

in Apr. 2010 I bought a 2010 Triton TR-18 SE. It is a pretty base model boat with an Opti 150. Lowrance X96's, Motorguide 82lb, 6" hydro plate, cable steering. Total price ended up at $22,374.

In the same year BPS had Z7's rigged the same, minus a jack plate & price was $21,995 not including all the other fees.

Got a proven TR186 hull for quite a bit cheaper than a Nitro. I guarantee my boat would be easier to sell thaa a z7

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 03:10 PM

We had no problem selling our z7 before the customers z9 was registerd. The z 7 was a trade in and sold in 3 days. i don't think that was a long time. we had a used z6 that sat on the lot for 25 days or so and sold. so my experiance with Nitro resale values and ageing has been positive. I think because of quaility improvements in Nitro you will see a more positive trend in resale values. Nitros will naturally be less value than a Skeeter/Ranger upon resale because the savings was up front on purchase price meaning cash in hand now rather than take a resale risk later. also, i've watched the used boats on this forum and there are a number of Rangers dropping the price to move the boat. Resale risk is a reality and if you prescribe to the time value of money/ present value you will take the savings up front like with a Nitro because of the uncertainty of the future values,economy and so on.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 07:37 PM

Here's what I think.....Owning any boat that put you on the water enjoying life and fishing is better than no boat at all...

Re: Nitro boats - 03/07/12 08:03 PM

One if the best comments i've heard yet on this thread.

Posted By: Javelin

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 02:17 AM

On BBC the other day a guy bought a loaded out (two HDS 7s with structure scan with a 250XS that was a 2011 model brand new on the showroom floor for under 38K. Add two powerpoles and you are at 41K upgrade the 7s to an 8 and 10 or two tens and you are at maybe 44K with every option of the other brands so lets do trade in math, I will use 45K for nitro

45K Brand new nitro
Keep it two years and sell it for 28K
total money spent = 22K (thats a steal)

found a USED 520 with only a HDS 5 and 8 and 250SHO = 55K
keep two years sell for 38K
Total money spent 22K and you will be lucky to get 38K

the money is the same and I feel I was generous on Ranger resale and low on Nitro resale.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 02:22 AM

Now we are talking, so what do you guys think. Thanks for the comparison.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 12:33 PM

Hate to bust yalls bubble but their is a 2010 Z7 in Trading Post section right now for 20K and he is throwing in 1500.00 worth of fishing gear.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 02:46 PM

To base a belief on one Nitro that won't sell and apply it to all Nitros is a simple minded argument. Many variables affect the saleability of a boat. Color,condition, title issues,divorce,loan payoffs and the list goes on and on. Like I said our Z7 sold before the title work was completed on the customers new boat that traded the z7 in. Purdy, It's just plan dumb to insist that all Nitros are devalued because of this one boat your BUD has.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 03:03 PM

Gary,
As you stated there are a lot of reasons why a boat sells or deosnt sell....thats true for ANY boat, if their not the right color combination, if the equipment is not what someone is looking for, if the boat is underpowered ect....everyones taste is different, plus his friend may have set the boat up for his personal taste and not figured in what the possible resale my be down the down. If your not planning on keeping the boats for 5 to 10 years then you need to be carefull and set it up for your future resale or you may end up setting on it for some time. Just speaking from past experence on boats for myself.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 03:21 PM

Good point regarding future values.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 03:50 PM

Looking for facts, but I do agree with ya'll. Just a little tired of all of the nay sayers and my "BUD"stories from all of the guys who paid to much............I think the guys that paid more for less are licking their wounds because I'm open to fact based conversation. Come on I know your out there.

Here's a fact that you didnt respond to. Im not licking any wounds
Originally Posted By: E8C-ENG
in Apr. 2010 I bought a 2010 Triton TR-18 SE. It is a pretty base model boat with an Opti 150. Lowrance X96's, Motorguide 82lb, 6" hydro plate, cable steering. Total price ended up at $22,374.

In the same year BPS had Z7's rigged the same, minus a jack plate & price was $21,995 not including all the other fees.

Got a proven TR186 hull for quite a bit cheaper than a Nitro. I guarantee my boat would be easier to sell thaa a z7

Here's a "my buddy" story with some MADE UP numbers
Originally Posted By: Javelin
On BBC the other day a guy bought a loaded out (two HDS 7s with structure scan with a 250XS that was a 2011 model brand new on the showroom floor for under 38K. Add two powerpoles and you are at 41K upgrade the 7s to an 8 and 10 or two tens and you are at maybe 44K with every option of the other brands so lets do trade in math, I will use 45K for nitro

45K Brand new nitro
Keep it two years and sell it for 28K
total money spent = 22K (thats a steal)

found a USED 520 with only a HDS 5 and 8 and 250SHO = 55K
keep two years sell for 38K
Total money spent 22K and you will be lucky to get 38K

the money is the same and I feel I was generous on Ranger resale and low on Nitro resale.

HAHA, when the made up numbers on "my buddy" stories support your business interests, they are great..
Now we are talking, so what do you guys think. Thanks for the comparison.

then you come back & say this regarding resales after you thanked a guy for a fake comparison putting a Nitro ahead of ranger in resale..youre talking circles

To base a belief on one Nitro that won't sell and apply it to all Nitros is a simple minded argument. Many variables affect the saleability of a boat. Color,condition, title issues,divorce,loan payoffs and the list goes on and on.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 04:09 PM

No, simply responding to Gary Purdy's dumb assumptions. And my reply was only to encourage more conversations. I did not respond to yours for the reasons you stated, because I wanted to keep the thread going with more input from others . i don't know all of the facts regarding your purchase and it sounds like a deal. Like used values are affected by many factores so are new boat sales. Things like floor plan cost, age of the unit may motivate the dealer to discount it to move it. Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for you participation in this conversation. There is nothing personal here just trying to keep it going for all of us. Also your boat is a Triton and this conversation has been about Ranger/Skeeter so I did not feel that I should respond because it was off the primary topic.

Posted By: Slowfly

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 05:44 PM

Here is the smart thing to do if you don't have a pocket full of cash. Buy a nice used boat and let someone else take the off the lot depreciation hit. Nitros, Rangers, Skeeters, all can be had at considerable savings slightly used. Gary P. says your throwing away 15 to 20K on a new Ranger, well take a look at the amount you loose by driving any of them off the lot. Buying new is saying money isn't that important of a factor so buy what you like be it Ranger, Nitro, Skeeter whatever. But if your like most of us and money does matter look around for a nice used boat and save a bundle of cash.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 07:12 PM

Okay, gentlemen here's my Apples to Apples. Started looking for my new boat back in January at the boats shows. Then I called my dealer where I had always purchased my Tritons in the past. He has started selling Nitros in 2010. We sat down and priced out the Nitro and then he still had got his 2012 Triton dealer cost book so we priced the comp Triton also.

New 2012 Nitro Z9 with Merc 250 Pro XS, 36 volts 109 thrust Motorguide trolling motor, 4 bank battery charger, HDS7 with Structure Scan flush mount console, HDS7 flush mount in bow, Blinker style steering wheel trim, Hootfoot, Hamby's keel shield, extra fishing seat and pole, removable passengers console, Full boat cover, Spare wheel with trailer, upgrade my trolling batteries and starting batteries, just something I wanted.

New 2012 Triton 20SE / DC with Merc 250 Pro XS, 36 volt 109 thrust Motorguide trolling motor, HDS7 with Structure scan flush mount console, HDS7 flush mount bow, Blinker style trin on sterring wheel, Hootfoot, Hamby's keel shield, extra fishing seat and pole, Full boat cover, Spare wheel with trailer, upgraded trolling and starting batteries. Same equipment.

Had to add the following on the Triton to match the Nitro: Padded front deck, Electronic dash switches, Fiberglass fenders, Alum wheels, LED lighting on trailer, Transom saver.

Here's the final numbers from my dealer on the boats:
Triton - $61,590.00
Nitro - $42,107.00

This does not include: taxes, license or registrations. I live in different state from where i purchased the boat.

That's a difference of $19,483.00 / plus taxes......
Which boat did I buy, the Nitro.
Will I regreat my purchased, only time will tell. Don't pick my new boat up until April 6th. I will give a update on my new Nitro and the difference between it and my past Tritons in the future after I've spent some time on the water.

My Appels to Apples: $19,483.00 in the bank!

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 07:29 PM

Cash in hand, time value of money, present value, reduced resale risk. Thats the absolute best one yet. Thanks for your work. The topic has been more about Ranger/Skeeter but this one supports the value argument that Nitro represents. I'm sure the other fellow with the Triton is going to call you and me out, but thats ok. Fact are facts.

Posted By: Stingray23

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 09:17 PM

Thats a huge difference in price.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 09:38 PM

I know... I was also shocked! But my dealer sold Tritons for years so he knows the boat inside and out. Even used Tritons were running as much or more than the new Nitro. Now that spells good for the resale on Tritons, but your still going to take a big hit on resale. I never had a problem selling any of my Tritons. I have a friend that just bought a new Ranger Z20 and it priced out at just over 67K...dont remember the exact price, but it was over that. As I've gotten older, I hope I've gotten wiser. As with anything I purchase that cost that amount of money, I always do my reasearch for the best buy based on quality, performance, service and any other factor thats important to me. I'm to one that has to live or die with my decisions.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: EFS Jr
Even used Tritons were running as much or more than the new Nitro.
That's one of the key statements here.

Also, I'd be shocked if you couldn't get a Triton 20SE decked out like you were talking for under $60k. I'm sure he knows Tritons, but he had no incentive to give you a good price on a boat he couldn't sell you.

Like I said, Nitro's market is guys who want a new boat but don't want to drop $70k. Just like Kia's market is guys who want a new car but don't want to spend $20k. That doesn't mean it's an equal product or that you'll come out ahead in the end.

Once again, I'm not saying Nitro isn't the better deal, but I wouldn't expect to get the straightest numbers from a guy who sells Nitros and used to sell Tritons.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 10:16 PM

Also I will say this. The Nitro boat if I purchased it thru my local Bass Pro Shop here in town, the final No Haggle price for my boat was $47,120.00 plus tax, title and registration.

Even at that price, the comp Triton was $14470 more than the BPS pricing. I purchased the boat thru a Nitro dealer over my local Bass Pro shop and saved $5013.00 plus tax over BPS.

I have nothing against Bass Pro, I buy a lot of equipment and such, but everyone on different forums told me to check with a Marine Dealer and I could save money. They were right.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 10:24 PM

Patriot07,
You're right it would be tough getting that boat for under 60K. the dealer sold Tritons for years, and I had bought 5 from him. He had the 2012 dealer cost book for new Tritons and he shot me the price he would have sold me the boat if he was to sell it to me. no reason to doubt him, like i said bought 5 Tritons from him and 2 rangers in the past.

Once again, these are my straight up facts from my research. Everyone else will most likely have different numbers depending on their dealers and their past dealings with those dealers.

Posted By: Stingray23

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 10:44 PM

Also I will say this. The Nitro boat if I purchased it thru my local Bass Pro Shop here in town, the final No Haggle price for my boat was $47,120.00 plus tax, title and registration.

Even at that price, the comp Triton was $14470 more than the BPS pricing. I purchased the boat thru a Nitro dealer over my local Bass Pro shop and saved $5013.00 plus tax over BPS.

I have nothing against Bass Pro, I buy a lot of equipment and such, but everyone on different forums told me to check with a Marine Dealer and I could save money. They were right.

Thats a HUGE difference between BPS and local Marine dealer. Thanks for the warning. Now I know NOT to buy at BPS

Re: Nitro boats - 03/08/12 11:35 PM

Yes it was. there's another forum that i found where i get a lot of good information. It's called Bass Boat Central. I've found a lot of good information there about fishing and boats. it has a section for just about all the major brands of Bass Boats A thru Z. You can get a lot of questions answered there in the forums. You can also just go under your brand for the disscussion. That is where i found out about Nitro Marine dealers. just about everyone there tells you to check a dealer over BPS.....

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 12:03 AM

Good info for all. I'll do some research about the dealer vs BPS. I would find it hard to believe that a independent dealer can buy a Nitro from Nitro for less than a BPS. I know that Tracker/BPS has a set price and I don't know what the margins are. I'm going to find out and try to get a stright answer for ya'll. Thanks for participating.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 01:01 AM

Thank you everyone. I started this hoping for feedback and I do believe we all have learned some things. Keep it coming!!

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 01:52 AM

Good Luck

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 02:28 AM

Patriot07,
You're right it would be tough getting that boat for under 60K. the dealer sold Tritons for years, and I had bought 5 from him. He had the 2012 dealer cost book for new Tritons and he shot me the price he would have sold me the boat if he was to sell it to me. no reason to doubt him, like i said bought 5 Tritons from him and 2 rangers in the past.

Once again, these are my straight up facts from my research. Everyone else will most likely have different numbers depending on their dealers and their past dealings with those dealers.

I didn't realize you had a relationship like that with the guy. If I'd bought 5 boats from him, I'd sure hope he'd give me the straight numbers.

I am still surprised that boat is over $60k, being that it was an SE and not an XS. But like I said earlier, I'm surprised Triton can sell boats at the prices they're asking. They make a good boat, but why ask the same thing as Skeeter and Ranger?

I'm also surprised you were able to save that much money over BPS.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 03:34 PM

Ok, here is what I've learned this AM. Independents pay the same as BPS/Tracker and are held to the same national pricing guidlines . There some factors that are variables that can distort sales price .

Full line dealers, those who carry all brands, Mako,Tahoe , Nitro,Bass Tracker and Sun Tracker get additional discounts from the manufacture. This applies to both independents and corp. stores.

Non-current modle sale prices are subject to independent dealers discreation and company owned store follow a non current price structure, however company owned store managers have discretion to deviate when it's a good business decession. For example if a store has 3 non current z7 he can use his judgment .

Transpotation cost to Texas is sustaintialy more than a store near the plant. This also impacts the final sales price to a great degree. I hope this helps understand the differances between company owned stores and independents.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 11:20 PM

Thanks for all of the PM's . Nitro has moved forward and held price down while others have retreated and had price increases. Today, I looked at a 3rd Ranger and the finish is nothing like Nitros. The Ranger mold has ripples in, almost like the mold is defective. Look close and you will see.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/09/12 11:45 PM

I think that when Forrest Wood sold Ranger and Earl Benz sold Stratos and then he sold Triton thats when I think things started to change. Genmar bought the brands, but don't own them anymore. Platinum Equity, I think out of CA, purchased Stratos, Ranger, Champion and rumor has it they also bought Triton. Anyways that is who owns them now. And the Stratos Elite series is the old Champion Elites series, so much for Champion. I've heard that Ranger and Tritons are now being built side by side in the same factory. I just wonder how long it will be before we see a new Tanger or maybe a Ratons....who knows.....

Posted By: can0070

Re: Nitro boats - 03/10/12 01:58 PM

Just picked myself up a 2010 nitro z7 from a private seller. Test drove it, and got on the trolling motor for a little bit. So far, it's been better than the tritons I've test drove. Just comes down to preference, and budget.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/10/12 02:44 PM

Congrats. If you need any accecories or up grades let me know. Gary Pender 512 250 9000

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 12:24 AM

Congrats. If you need any accecories or up grades let me know. Gary Pender 512 250 9000

Thanks Gary. I will be looking to get a keel guard and a hotfoot right away. Are you near the Plano/Dallas area?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 12:34 AM

We are in Austin, but will make it worth your effort.We have hotfoots in stock. I recomend a top loaded version which means the cable comes in from the top which improves the rigging aspects of the cable, no binding. Cables in stock also. Keel guards come in a varity of versions and I reccomend a line x version sort of like bed liner material. Gary Pender 512 250 9000.

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 06:57 PM

The ole Nitro discussion...here we go, get your popcorn ready!!!

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 08:06 PM

It has been quite a discussion lol.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TNBASS
The ole Nitro discussion...here we go, get your popcorn ready!!!
Boy this thing is going to live forever.......

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 10:37 PM

With almost 3000 views it has spread the truth. Converting one at a time. Save your money.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 10:46 PM

With almost 3000 views it has spread the truth. Converting one at a time. Save your money.
We just need a little more truth like what is inside that hull.......

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 11:00 PM

The truth is in the value. They all do the same thing. Nitro simply gives you more for your money. I have made an effort to get another members Nitro for disection and inspection.

Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Nitro boats - 03/11/12 11:56 PM

Here's from an old goat that bought his first Ranger in Jan. 92. It was a 1988 352V Commanche NEW OFF THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR. Second ranger was a used 1995 487V Commanche, sold it about 6 months ago. My fishing buddy purchased a 521 new in 2004. I have not been in any other Rangers in the last several years but here is what I can say. The 2004 521 is not the quality that the 1995 487V was. The 1995 was not the overall quality of the 1988 352V even taking into consideration that the 487V was used when I purchased it. In my opinion Ranger has gone down a lot in quality over the years, that may change with the new owners but time will tell. I cannot justify $50-60000 for a bass boat, I don't care what name is on it. BTW I guided & tournament fished for 18-20 years so my rigs did not sit in the garage. I will look at the Nitros hard when I decide to buy another rig.

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 12:52 AM

This topic gets crazy on every fishing forum that it's ever mentioned on. Easy decision for me, as spending 15-$20K more on a boat does not mean you catch more fish.

I've had three Nitros.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 01:15 AM

Truth is reality. Nitro gives you more. Plane and simple. I asked for quantifiable facts but none have been presented.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 01:27 AM

ogles824, fiberglass that whats in it.... I have to ask myself why would anyone think there is $20,ooo differance in materials and labor in a Ranger/Skeeter. Give us a quantifiable explanation.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 01:32 AM

This is the boat you wanted to cut up. Had to wash the dirt off today. http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/garypurdy

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 01:35 AM

No need to wash it.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 01:37 AM

I think that if this boat is for sale it should be posted in the for sale section. JMO.

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 02:06 AM

What I want to know is, how do bass boats sell for $60,000 when someone could purchase a 26'-28' offshore boat with twin engines, t-top, outriggers, radar, sonar, fish finder, chart plotter, etc for the same money.

It tells me that the bass boat manufacturers are raping the carp out of there customers. In the used offshore boat market a guy could probably buy a well equipped triple engine 30 footer for $60,000. Just sayin'.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 02:17 AM

Not keeping score but it looks like a majority agrees. I'm suprised that no one is defending the argument. Where are those guys that spent 20k more?

Posted By: Igot1

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 02:40 AM

Not knowing alot about Nitros I have a couple of questions to help educate me. What are the lids made of? What gauge wiring is used for trolling and all accessories? Is there any wood in the transome? Just things I don't know.

Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 04:25 AM

I think that if this boat is for sale it should be posted in the for sale section. JMO.

man thats not cool..
you have had DAYS of unpaid Nitro advertising here and no one has said a thing..JMO

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 02:33 PM

No wood in transom, lids are made of aluminum. T/M has 6 ga. and maine graph has 10 ga.

Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 04:08 PM

I think the quality in all the major boat lines are pretty much the same now days. I also think the reason some of these boat brands are more expensive is because they have more pro's that they provide boats for, thus the cost is made up by charging more for said boats. I think you can't go wrong with a Stratos, the Triton SE models, the Skeeter 190 or the Nitro Z7 if money is an issue. Why pay an absurd price on a boat just to support some pro out there. Fish On!!

Posted By: OldFrog

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 04:56 PM

I always thought that better resin was used in the higher priced boats like Skeeter. I wonder how many stringers are in a Nitro as compared to a Skeeter or Ranger? The last one I looked at didnt have a great finish and fit...but it was a few years old, I'll admit.

I'll stick to Skeeter because I like the Yamaha corporation. Have dealt with them before in the bike business.

Posted By: woppercatcher

Re: Nitro boats - 03/12/12 11:41 PM

Just bought a 2012 Skeeter TZX190 with 2012 Yamaha HPDI 175.
Price before tax, dealer prep, freight and labor $27,443. That included extra 3 years warranty and $750 rebate. Added $1862 in options.

Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: woppercatcher
Just bought a 2012 Skeeter TZX190 with 2012 Yamaha HPDI 175.
Price before tax, dealer prep, freight and labor $27,443. That included extra 3 years warranty and $750 rebate. Added $1862 in options.

If you don't mind can you discuss what came on the boat as far as trolling motor type, graphs and other ancillary items.

Also how good is the bow panel layed out, what controls are there etc.

I was at bass pro saturday buying a new hds 8 for my boat, and i want to buy a new boat when my g/f gets out of school and starts working in the field of her degree next season, so i have been looking around a little.

I looked at the Nitro's in depth and I was disappointed in the following areas. But all i have to compare it to is the 20i i looked at last year, so it's not apples to apples as i haven't seen the tx-190 yet.

1. Rod lockers, seemed small and no organizer standard on 20' boat for the z-8. Useless on the z-7 as they will only accommodate a 7' rod. My shortest rod is 7'.

2. Only one crappy mark 5x in console standard, nothing standard on bow.

3. Bow panel , only motor trim switch and plug in for t-motor, very far behind the panel even comparing to my 98' model boat.

4. Z-8, had tiny,tiny livewells. I fish falcon some, no way i would cram 50 lbs of fish in there.

I could have kept looking, but after seeing the live well, i couldn't see myself ever purchasing a z-8, didn't look at z-9 to long for garage..

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 11:31 AM

Good question being presented now. I'm working to get manufacturing details to factualy address the questions raised. We sold 7 new boats on Sat. and 3 on Mon.,so all efforts have been getting them ready for delivary this week. I'll be back .....with more facts. SPRING BREAK tends to do this to us every year. Oh yea, of the 10 boats sold, only 3 were Nitros.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 11:41 AM

whoopoercatcher, How much was the freight, prep and Labor on your rig?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 01:49 PM

Hate to bust yalls bubble but their is a 2010 Z7 in Trading Post section right now for 20K and he is throwing in 1500.00 worth of fishing gear.

That's the boat I bought smile

Couldn't have been in better condition coming off the showroom floor IMO. It's my first boat so not much to compare it to, but there wasn't a scratch on it, carpet was perfect. Motor runs strong with no issues so far. I was looking at a 2005 triton before I bought it, glad I went with the Nitro because it's under warranty until 2015.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: can0070

That's the boat I bought smile

Couldn't have been in better condition coming off the showroom floor IMO. It's my first boat so not much to compare it to, but there wasn't a scratch on it, carpet was perfect. Motor runs strong with no issues so far. I was looking at a 2005 triton before I bought it, glad I went with the Nitro because it's under warranty until 2015.

Congratulations. Sounds like you got a good one. Fish on.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 02:31 PM

2012 Ranger TZX190 vs 2012 Nitro Z7 with exact eq. including freigt and prep.
2012 Ranger w 150 Yamaha $28099.00 plus tax
2012 Nitro w 150 opti pro xs $26344.00

Ranger
18.5 long
92 wide
1500 lbs
36 gal fuel
2 13 gal live wells
Hummingbird 728
Minkota edge
7.5 long rod lockers
55 mph
NITRO

18.8 LONG
103.2 WIDE
1650 LBS
41 GAL FUEL
32 GAL LIVE WELL
150PRO XS
ELITED 5 GRAPH
80LB 24V FORTREX T/M
8 FOOT ROD LOCKERS
$26344.00 PLUSE TX
59 -61MPH

SO HERE YOU GO. Nitro gives you more.$1864.00 up front savings with the tax savings on the differance.Not including the intrest if you finance.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 05:31 PM

ogles824, fiberglass that whats in it.... I have to ask myself why would anyone think there is $20,ooo differance in materials and labor in a Ranger/Skeeter. Give us a quantifiable explanation.
They all have fiberglass, most 100%, composite, or a combination of composite and fiberglass. It's all in how thick it is whether it's hand laid or chopper gunned, how the transom and stringers are tied in and then tied together, how thick the transom is, how thick the hull is, where floatation foam has been introduced to support the hull and why.
I have been an industrial mechanic and fabricator for over 30 years. How something is engineered and built makes all the difference in the world in how long it will last. I have also spent some time around a boat repair shop and have seen several glass boats apart, I know what makes a strong hull vs what makes a weak hull. I like Nitros but I'm not about to plop down $30 to 50K not knowing how its assembled internally. I take care of my boats but when I am tournament fishing I use them to their fullest capability and they have to stand up. On the day of a tournament a warranty means absolutley nothing to me. I look at it kind of like a NASCAR driver would look at it, its got to complete the race regardless, if it breaks I'm done......

Posted By: arelby2

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 05:36 PM

It's already been said, but I'll mention it again. The best bass fisherman in the world (KVD) doesn't have to worry about price, resale value, or the opinions of others. He chooses Nitro. He can have any sponsor he wants. He CHOOSES Nitro.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 05:59 PM

Ogles824, I agree. Nitro does have a hand laid hull and I think that most boats built now days are meaning chopper guns are for the most part long gone. The stringer system in the Nitro is a transverse and longitudinal fiberglass foam filled stringer system. The transom is full width fiberglass hand laid 100% encapsulated composite.

KVD MOST CERTAINLY PUT AS MUCH STRESS/DEMAND ON A HULL AS ANYONE .

Looks like Nitro gives you more for your money without giving up on QUALITY.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: arelby2
It's already been said, but I'll mention it again. The best bass fisherman in the world (KVD) doesn't have to worry about price, resale value, or the opinions of others. He chooses Nitro. He can have any sponsor he wants. He CHOOSES Nitro.
You can't be serious? He chooses Nitro because they offer him the biggest contract. And you're exactly right that he doesn't have to worry about price or resale or paying for something when the hull delaminates or the transom is shot or a stump punches a hole in it. Nitro just fixes it for him for free or replaces the boat I'm sure. KVD's choice of boat really gives no indication of the quality or the value of that boat brand. All it means is that you pay a little extra for your boat because there's no telling what kind of check Nitro had to write to get him to ride in one. I'm not saying the check is big because the boat is bad, the check is big because he's KVD. Look at Tiger and Nike. Does anyone really think that Nike makes the best golf clubs? No way, but they pay Tiger more than Callaway, Ping, Taylormade or Titleist would.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 06:53 PM

Goog point but I really don't think you have to worry about a hull or transom failure unless it's from abuse/damage. Warranty claims are so small as a % of sales for the last three year models they are non existant. We have had 0 claims for fit/finish/stucture also. One Nitro did come in with bottom damage that had been repaired and the repairs were sub standard so other problems evolved and an attempt to get them covered under warranty reveled that the boat had 4/5 owners and the damage/repairs were undisclosed. Nitro or any other manufacture can not be held responsible for this sort of
of claim.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 07:10 PM

KVD would be fishing from a Bayliner if they paid him more money than Nitro. To think he fishes from a Nitro for any other reason other than the size of his contract is just naive. But I will give you credit, you watched his commercial.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 07:14 PM

I'll add another comment about KVD. I think he would fish out of anything that did not reduce his productivity on the water. I think a Bayliner may be pushing it.

Posted By: Mac Town Fuzz

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 07:18 PM

I've heard this argument several times. I have no dog in this fight. I don't own a boat at all right now, but have nothing against nitro. With that being said, in regards to KVD, yes, he could drive anything he wants and I'm sure any boat manufacture would love to have him, however it's probably very difficult to find deeper pockets than nitro/Bass Pro.

This "discussion" could go on forever. I have friends that drive hyundai's and swear by them. I have never owned one and can't imagine I ever will. Does that make them inferior?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 10:15 PM

Hello, I've been reading this all a long. We been compairing Nitro's, Rangers, Skeeter's and Tritons. everyone has their own choice on this matter. I will say this.....They are all American made boats. So if your going to car a car to the Nitro and Rangers so on lets at least compare American made products like Ford or Chevy and keep your Kia's and such over in Korea......
Thanks.... America, stay Strong...

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 11:33 PM

Hello, I've been reading this all a long. We been compairing Nitro's, Rangers, Skeeter's and Tritons. everyone has their own choice on this matter. I will say this.....They are all American made boats. So if your going to car a car to the Nitro and Rangers so on lets at least compare American made products like Ford or Chevy and keep your Kia's and such over in Korea......
Thanks.... America, stay Strong...

Ok, Ford is better than Chevy. I was simply saying to each their own. Nitro makes a fine product, just as I'm sure Hyundai or whoever does too. Some people refuse to drive anything other than "Cadillac". Compare Cadillac to ranger, skeeter, triton, etc.

Don't turn this already 8 page thread into a pro or anti American thing. That does not apply. Good luck to anyone who does or does not own a nitro.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 11:50 PM

I disagree, I like Chevy but they did take the bail out money so screw them. I like to buy american and activly do so when possible but it is getting harder to do. Try it and you will see.I also feel like the Hyndia/Kia comparisons are an underhanded attempt to cheapen the Nitro brand but so be it. If the 8 pages of this thread don't appeal to you don't read it. Pretty simple. I also do not want to turn this into a buy american conversation but would like to say that regardless of your boat manufacture Nitro, Ranger we should all be proud that all of our boats are made in the USA, albeit rigged with a bunch of stuff from other places.

Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Nitro boats - 03/13/12 11:56 PM

They pay him a but load to stick with their brand i'm sure, but that is beside the point.

We were talking about value vs the other brands and how they are factory prepped and trying to compare what savings there are, depending on load out.

His boat that he fishes out of, with his graphs etc would be way above what a showroom fresh boat costs as it sits anyways,

don't know how much that has to do with anything.

can you catch fish out of one, for sure. when deciding for yourself what is the best boat for you, a factory prepped pro's boat might not be the best example.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/14/12 12:40 AM

Okay here are the details. Disclaimer. I'm not trying to sway in favor of Nitro or Skeeter or any other brand. Buy what ever boat you can afford and like. I just happen to favor Skeeter and Yamaha.

Boat TZX190 - 13,693
Motor Yamaha hpdi175 - 10,900
Trailer (toughcoated) - 2,850
Total - 27,443

My options: You can look on the Skeeter website for the standard options if you want.

No electronics - I already have two 798cisi's that will be installed - credit 261
Minnkota 80# Max - 227
Hamby's - 500
3 bank charger - 325
Autobilge - 46
Swingaway tongue - 260
Humminbird parts ethernet, cables and other parts - 180
total - 1538 - 261 = 1277

sales tax - 1615.20
dealer prep - batteries - 250
labor to install my 798's - 150
freight - 300
total - 2315.20

total for all of the above - 31,035.20
minus rebate - 750
grand total - 30285.20

I also got the free Y.E.S 3 year warranty which for this motor is around 1,500.

The TZX190 doesn't have a jackplate nor should you add one and for me that was fine as I need to fit the boat in a 20'2" garage and the jackplate adds a foot in length.
I'm not a tourny fisherman so I really don't care about the livewells or other extra options.

Like I said you can compare standard options between the Z7 and TZX or ZX190 if you want. And again my only preference was for Skeeter and Yamaha and that is mainly due to my only bass boat experience has been with Skeeter and Yamaha.

Hope this helps.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/14/12 12:54 AM

It does, Thanks for facts. Still looking for more.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/14/12 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Mac Town Fuzz
I was simply saying to each their own. Nitro makes a fine product

You must have missed this quote from my previous post. I've said several times I have nothing against nitro and am sure they make a fine product. I believe some are a bit defensive. I may own a nitro someday, if I do it will be based on my decision to purchase it, not on what pro does or does not endorse it.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/15/12 11:33 PM

Spent a couple of hours in a 2012 z8 last night , putting breakin time on motor and it rides fantastic. Fuel economy was 7/9 miles to the gal. with a 225 pro xs.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 12:01 AM

I'm fishing the Bassmaster weekend series on Rayburn this weekend as a co-angler. Maybe I will draw a guy with a nitro.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 12:09 AM

BIGDskeeter....Good Luck and let us how you do, both fishing and if you landed in a Nitro....

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 01:15 AM

Will do. This will be my first ever tournament as a co-angler so I'm not sure how I'm going to like it.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 01:19 AM

Looking forward to the results. Thought you were going on a trip?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 02:03 AM

We are going on our honeymoon to Jamaica in may

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 03:09 AM

Ogles824, I agree. Nitro does have a hand laid hull and I think that most boats built now days are meaning chopper guns are for the most part long gone. The stringer system in the Nitro is a transverse and longitudinal fiberglass foam filled stringer system. The transom is full width fiberglass hand laid 100% encapsulated composite.

KVD MOST CERTAINLY PUT AS MUCH STRESS/DEMAND ON A HULL AS ANYONE .

Looks like Nitro gives you more for your money without giving up on QUALITY.
That's where I get the "why they put foam and where". I'd like to see how they form those stringers because if it is not done right you can hit a stump and the hull will flex enough to the compress foam, the hull will rebound but the foam will remain compressed creating a pocket. If you hit something else at that same spot the hull can crack or break. The strongest hull designs do not use foam to reinforce fiberglass..........

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 04:47 AM

you mean like this Nitro..

Re: Nitro boats - 03/16/12 11:23 AM

We a a late model Triton in our shop recently that look almost identical. I'm guessing that the delamination in the picture was a result of an impact the was not repaired before boat was run .Also, I would like the hull number of the boat in your picture and I will look @ the ownership history, We had a Nitro, sometime ago that had been damaged and the repair was sub standard and was sold several times by each owner,not disclosing the damage that delaminated like the one in your picture....and I'm not sure if it's the same boat or not.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/17/12 12:11 AM

I don't know all the details but here is some of what happened,,he was the third owner, so that had him..

Quote:
Prior to taking the boat to the Tracker dealer, I dropped it off at a fiberglass shop for an analysis and estimate. They lifted the boat from the trailer and did an analysis on the damage. In their opinion the damage was definitely delaminating fiberglass and there were not any signs of any impact. Although they would love the work, I was told that repairing the boat really was not an option as it would be extremely costly and would never be right again.

I picked up the boat and proceeded to take it to the Tracker dealer the following day in hope of a resolution. Tracker Marine investigated my situation and responded saying that my boat was no longer under warranty. The Tracker Marine warranty on Z-9 boats states “The limited warranty regarding the hull, interior hull stringers, and transom is transferable to a SECOND owner during the first five (5) years of service from the original purchase date.” Therefore, if a 2011 boat is sold and then title is transferred twice, Tracker Marine no longer backs the boat no matter how old it is. The only thing tracker offered me was approximately a $2,500 discount off of the retail price of a new 2011 boat. They did not want anything to do with my old boat, motor, and trailer. I was stuck with it.

Quote:
I am the third titled owner. I transferred the the title on January 13th, it fell apart on the 22nd.

could be the same boat you know about --this happened on Choke Canyon
bad deal for all, but I guess corporations do have rules..

Re: Nitro boats - 03/17/12 12:25 AM

There was a thread on ABF some time ago and I'm not so sure that this is not the same boat. There was a lot of contraverse about the rig. I think that there was enough evidence to support that something had happened that was not the manufactures responsibility in addition to the limitations of the warranty. I do know that Tracker/Nitro and all of the other brands that fall under Johnny Morrises control are very giving with warranty claims...at least from my personal experiance. Sun Tracker Pontoons just paid a claim on a two owner boat for a engine pod that was damaged. The boat was a Fisher which was bought by Tracker and it was a 2004 year. Pretty good customer service. I think that it sometimes is a function of the individual dealer and how the claim is presented to manufacturing. I never get declined.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/17/12 02:51 AM

Quote:
I have insurance on the boat, but they will not cover manufacturer's defects. Since there was no sign whatsoever of impact and the analysis shows clear delaminated on the fiberglass, it is between me and tracker.

From the looks of things Tracker was not saying it wasn't a defect, just that he was the third owner in 5 yrs so no warrenty

This guy was caught in the middle on this..cost him some serious money..

Re: Nitro boats - 03/17/12 11:58 AM

I'm sure that it's the same boat now and the complete story about the boat and it's history is not presented. The fellow that bought it and got stuck with it attempted to use the internet..posting it on every forum he could find to leverage his bad buying mistake and try to hold someone elese responsible.The boat was not a defect and had other undisclosed issues that were know that voided the warranty. The info you have shown is the customers side of the story and there are details missing. If Nirto were producing sub standard boats I'm sure there would be other hull failures and not just this one which has become the poster child for Nitro bashing. Trail lawyers and liability law suites would be clogging up the courts if the claims were valid. Being a corporation, you know that loss prevention is a high prioity.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/18/12 05:38 PM

J.P. needs to send you a bill for 9 pages of advertising.
Geez...give it a rest will ya?

Read my lips:
I will NEVER EVER own a Nitro, Stratos, Tidecraft or a Triton boat.
If I happen to purchase another bass boat it WILL be ( my third) a Skeeter.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/18/12 06:27 PM

It's your money spend it as you please. I would never waste my money on a Skeeter. I'm not the only one posting on the 9 pages in this thread.READ MY LIPS, If you don't like it do look at it. I did not start it and it's intent was not to advertise but to discuss the differances in value between other boat manufactures to aid another TFF member in his buying decesion.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/18/12 09:04 PM

I startd this thread to get feedback and that is what I have gotten and I am still getting it.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/18/12 09:47 PM

I don't believe that Gary is doing any type of advertising for anybody. Gary has done nothing more than answer any type of question that has been posted about Nitro boats. Gary has done a execllent job of keeping his cool in answering these question without bashing anybody or any other brand of boat. He has just posted the facts as he knows them to the best of his knowledge. He has not posted any remarks that are from a friend of a friend of a friend....his facts have been from first hand experences working with Nitro boat brand. Iwill say this...I don't know how many of you individuals have ever participated either in a seminar or course where they start a story with one person who then tells the story to another and so on, then the last person that was told the story repeats it to the class. I have yet to see that story when told by the last person ever contain, if your lucky, 30% of the original facts from the story. This is why I never rely on any fact that starts with a friend of a friend. If you are interested in the facts, you can stop at any boat ramp and walk you to any boat owrner and most of the time they will answer any question you have about their boat, either good or bad. thats the best facts I've found.....
Thanks Gary, you are a true gentleman....keep up the good work.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 12:53 AM

I startd this thread to get feedback and that is what I have gotten and I am still getting it.

Really, now? You have 44 total posts as of right now and 24 of them are on this thread. It was the 3rd post you made on the forum. It's pretty obvious that you know Gary. ( You know....the Nitro boat guy at Tracker in Austin? I mean he's only told us 100 times now...) Yet you named yourself BigDSkeeter. That's odd. And of course, you have another friend chime in too. Having friends is good.

Here's the thing, guys. I have no dog in this hunt. I dont sell boats, I dont work at a boat dealer, and I do all my own maintenance/repairs on my boats and outboards. So there's not a penny in it for me..ok ? I do happen to know Bill Kenner, ( K-2 Marine)_but he doesnt need my help. Feel free to buy what you want. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Same deal here.

But dont come on the forum, under the guise of "helping", asking questions, then solicit your friends to back you up when your hand is called on the lack of intellectual honesty.

Just say:

"Hey ! My friend is a new boat salesman and he's a good guy, so if you're looking for a boat....call him !"
That works better than anything else here because we keep tabs on who's got their stuff together and who doesnt.

Take Monte Coon at Moritz Chevy, for instance. Monte has PROVEN, over and over again that he's the man to buy a Chevy from. Yet still Monte buys advertising here...but more importantly, he's EARNED a great...no..."sterling" reputation from all who have dealt with him.

That said, yes, you are free to do what you want. But if you REALLY wanted to know about a boat purchase, you'd already know that in the South, resale value is EVERYTHING to some people. I dont know about the Austin area, even though my son could probably tell me since he lives down there, bit in East Texas and NW Louisiana, you wont get jack squat for a used Nitro, Stratos, Tidecraft, or any of the other so called "off brands" according to many people. The reputation may, or may not be deserved nowdays. I have no idea. But it's how things are and how the public perceives them....and perception is everything.

But try to sell a used BassCat, Skeeter, Ranger, Allison and even a ( ugh) Pro Gator in some areas and you'll get top dollar.

I hope and pray you sell a LOT of boats, Gary.. Nitros included. I really do. I also hope you earn $100 million bucks doing so. Just be honest about your intentions...that's all we ask.

Anything less, insults most of us...for we werent born yesterday. If my gut is wrong about your game, you have my apologies.

But my gut is rarely wrong.

Peace out. cheers

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 01:24 AM

Old frog, I'm sorry to report that I don't know this fellow ,and your dead wrong in all aspects of the above post. Your post is a complete insult to both myself and I'll speak for Bigdskeete, him too, I'm sure he will let you know, but thats ok. I think that the resale argument has been resolved and you need to study some basic economics. Simply put, cash in hand now is far less risky than cash in the future...who knows what the future holds. Your accusations of me having a relationship and attempting to pull the scales over on all of the readers of this thread are a simple manisfestation of your old school ways of thinking.I knew that as this conversation moved forward that guys like you would show their true selfs and it did not take as long as I thought it would. Next, I guess that you will accuse all others who have positive ,productive post that we all are in togather. Once again,your dead wrong and look silly by makeing those types of statesments. I do not get anything when a Nitro sells. I was simply helping another TFF member in his buying decision and thats what I thought this community was about. Guys like you are accustom to ruling the roost and when the truth comes out you can't stand it so you take the conversation to new lows. Toxic people and non truths set me off and need to be exposed for what they are. So I hope you can recover from your parinoid state and can actually provide helpfull facts and not non sensensical comentary. Here it is once more. Gary Pender Tracker Marine Austin Tx. 512 250 9000.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 01:28 AM

Like i said....if I'm wrong, I apologize.
But your assumptions are not on point either, my friend.

As for studying economics...that's my game, ..so let's dont go there.

There's no reason to start name calling. Only sissy liberals do that.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 01:33 AM

I actually don't know anyone on this forum that I know of. I joined the forum several years ago when I actually had a skeeter 20I. I loved the boat. I had a bad experience with skeeter and one of their dealers and I told myself after that I would not buy another skeeter. I sold my boat a year ago due to divorce and it broke my heart more than the divorce itself. I got back on the forum because I will soon be back in the market for another boat. I got a chance to compare the big boys of bass boats at the classic in Shreveport and I couldn't figure out why there is such a difference in price with the boats. I understand resale isnt as good on nitros but resale is not a big factor to me. Ride and a stable platform are. I started this thread because I THOUGHT there were nice guys on here from Texas that no matter what boat they owned I would get some honest opinions. I did not ask to start a war. I want to make the best of my $60,000. I fished for the first time in a year this weekend as a coangler in a BASS weekend series tourney on Rayburn. A buddy of mine drew a nitro z9 and I drew a triton 20x2. After riding in one and listening to his opinions I am now leaning toward a Legend because they have a dealership here in Center. Now Mr. Frog I hope that in future before you attack someone you first find out who they are and their story. I did not intend to insult anyone. I just wanted honest opinions. Thanks for turning me away from the forum. It was nice talking to the rest of y'all and again thanks for all the input.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 01:43 AM

No one attacked anyone. It just seemed all a bit "too staged " to me. If I was wrong, please accept my apologies.
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Simple as that.

Back to boats.... dont let a single dealer turn you against a brand. I dont care much for the Skeeter dealer in Bossier City, and wont ever buy another boat from him.....but if I buy another bass boat, it'll probably be a Skeeter or Bass Cat. I think there are some Legend owners on here and they can tell you what they like and dont like about them.

I just know this much. It's been my experience, that buying lower priced merchandise is rarely a bargain in the long haul. It happens....sure....but not very often. Some boats are priced a lot higher than others..that's for certain. In many cases, there are valid reasons....just as with anything else. I have a friend who owned a Skeeter for years and sold it due to financial hardship. Couldnt afford another new one later, so he bought a Nitro. He says it's "OK"...but it isnt near what his Skeeter was...according to him ( and whatever that means).

Just do your homework and have fun shopping !

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 01:53 AM

oldfrog, I may live if freaky, left wing, berkinstok wearing Austin but infering that I'm a liberal is taking it to new lows. I am a God fearing hard core conservitive but would like to keep this post on keel about the value Nitros provide as compared to the others. One more thing it's guys like you and a couple of others who take away from the community by bullying others away from TFF. I too was discouraged by all of the jackwagons who tryed to bash me but I don't give up and certainly won't be discouraged by dead wood. NITRO GIVES YOU MORE FOR THE $. The simple fact of your attempt to redirect this thread is very simlar to what most democrats/liberals do when confronted with the facts of reality. I'm also available to discuss economics if and when your ready. By the way I'm from NW La. Shreveport to be exact.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 02:05 AM

"....and your dead wrong in all aspects of the above post."

Yet you work for Tracker....at Bass Pro. So the above statement isnt quite 100% accurate.

Then you go back to name calling.... "bully...dead wood.."

Thank you for making my point.

Glad to know you're close. I may stop in an discuss economics with you one day.

Posted By: hopalong

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 02:12 AM

gary what old frog is saying is that those of us who have been on here for awhile have seen people come and go (most go quick) that get a couple of buds to post with them about whatever they sell.
it happens and you will see it if you stay long. it is never appreciated and is the same as talking down to us as if we were stupid, we are not.
you come on extremely strong with your sales pitch and if I were in the market and someone tried to sell to me like you are doing on this post I would walk plain and simple.
you can answer questions without "selling" a nitro every time you post. there are a lot of people on here that offer help and information without "selling" anything even though they very easily could. it all goes to credibility and perception.
I am not bashing but stating my observations, you come on as a used car salesman trying to pay for a divorce and two cadillacs. you would do well to ease off some and simply answer questions with answers not a sales pitch.

this is just my .05 cents worth and what I have seen so far.

Posted By: DYOLLP

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 02:15 AM

My only real experience with Nitro is fishing out of my team partner's 898 with 200 merc. I'm not exactly sure of the model year, but it's probably a '99 or so. I've fished out of it since it was new, so I've seen the wear over the years. I think it's a good, fast boat. Having said that, I don't think the boat is built as well as some. The compartments are cheap, plastic inserts. The carpet and seats wore quickly. The boat rattles when you hit a wave. The consoles seem to shimmy. There are stress cracks on the transom. The deck lids seem to flex a little too much. It's not the best quality boat out there, but it's still on the water 13 years later, so it has that going for it. I just don't think it's as solid a boat as other brands I've fished out of regularly.

I will say that buying a Nitro because KVD fishes out of one is a bad reason. KVD gets paid really well to fish out of a Nitro. Take some demo rides in the boats you like, and decide.

Having looked at boats recently, I don't believe the price difference between a new Nitro and Ranger-or the other brands-is as drastic as suggested here.

For myself, I'll probably end up with a couple year old ranger, champion, triton, basscat, or skeeter. My biggest problem is finding a boat in AZ without an Ebomb on the back.

Good luck with your search.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 02:22 AM

Old Frog.....I do not go under any other names on this forum....nor do I know Gary or BigDskeeter.... I currently live in Illinois and I am building a retirement home on Cedar Creek Lake. I have fished down in texas for the past 25 years from Toledo, rayburn and Fork. I ran Tritons for years and I to starting looking into why such a price difference. I've been in several major brands of boats. My first boat was purchased back in 1982. It's a personal choice to everyone.....like I said back earlier in this post....
ANY boat that allows you to spend time on the water enjoying life,family ,friends and fishing is better than NO boat at all.
Ya'll have fun....I'm going fishing.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 11:05 AM

Thanks hopalong and EFS JR. Now I hope we can get back on task. There are some question that I still have not answered for some of you who requested them . If I recall there was one about livewell size on a Z8. The openings are 121 sq. inches open and there are two each holding 20 gal.. Also, the stringer grig is still up for discussion and I'll get details soon.

Posted By: Allison1

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 11:33 AM

A question that will answer alot is Gary, how much do you actually run a Nitro boat?

You seem to know a bunch about them and all the other boats but how much fishing or boating do you do in a Nitro or other top end boats?

In and out. I am just curious.

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 12:09 PM

Buy a Bullet and be done with it.

Posted By: chuckwagon

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 12:26 PM

This thread is too "OLD SCHOOL" for me! I'm outta here!

rolfmao bouncy

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 02:06 PM

I like Bullets and allisons and one of my 6 boats is an Allison ss comp. one of 17 ever made. I have 3 boats that see a 100 plus on gps every time out and one of them will run 117 gps and does it all of the time. I do have a lot of time in seat in HP boats and Nitros. I like the ride and predictable handeling of the Nitro over the Allison . Allison are much faster and do not offer the best fishing platform compared to the others. I have never been in a Bullet but I like them.Hope this helps.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 02:22 PM

I find this ironic, This morning I'm looking for a Ranger dealer so that I can get price and availability for the primary touch pad panel on a 2007 Ranger z22. The boat came in with a no start condition and we narrowed it down to the push pad controler that controls everything. So ,I do a google search of Ranger dealers in Tx. and the fourth item to pop up is a Rip off report regarding a new Ranger. I think it should be read if you are taking intrest in this post. i also think it demonstrates that Rangers quaility is not what it once was.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 06:04 PM

2007 Ranger Z22 with a verado and very little time on complete rig. Needs key pad and module only $679.99 in parts from a Ranger dealer. Makes you wounder why they are so much more than Nitro. Not trying to sound like a used car salesman but just reporting the facts. Boat is in perfect condition and protected from the elements at all time.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 06:30 PM

Allison 1 and huckberry, here are pics of some of my boats that i currently own and drive.
all pics from g. cam. 110 by mirageskiracer, on Flickr
2002 LIBERATOR 007 by mirageskiracer, on Flickr
2002 LIBERATOR 001 by mirageskiracer, on Flickr
2002 ALLISON SS2000COMP 001 by mirageskiracer, on Flickr
21lib and truck 001 by mirageskiracer, on Flickr. ALL BOATS HAVE CLEAR TITLES AND RUN.ALLISON IS FOR SALE W/O MOTOR

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 07:28 PM

So ,I do a google search of Ranger dealers in Tx.

Yep..No Ranger dealers in Austin,,Oh wait yes there is..and you should know that..
so its a 697.00 part on a 2007 Ranger, against a Total hull on a 2011 Nitro..apples to lemons..

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 07:32 PM

Those are nice boats Gary, I really like the Mirage. How fast will that 50 horse tunnel run?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 08:05 PM

kingd ,I know where the Ranger dealer is in Austin and there is a reason we don't use them. I got the parts from Dimond on Fork from Robert. The google search was real and instead of being so suspicious about everthing why don't you read the artical/complaint against Ranger and talk about that.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 08:11 PM

kingd, the whole story is not being told like I said in a previous post.

HUCKLEBERRY, The little tunnel is not finished yet but will be soon,and is expected to be quite a ride. The Mirage is a 1990 Ski Racer that i restored a couple of years ago.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 08:50 PM

kingdad, I found the original post regarding the damaged Nitro you hold as the POSTER CHILD as a bash to Nitro and it appears that your spinning it to demonstrate that all Nitros are junk, by only posting parts of the thread. There are a lot of questions remaing and comments about warranties of all manufactures. The post is on Austin Bass Fishing if anyone is interested. Shame on you for not posting all of the thread.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 09:17 PM

This one is still going......wow.......I guess it was an omen this afternoon when I got off work up in Paris I pulled in behind a truck load of Nitros and followed it almost all the way home. It looked like load of Z6's with a Z9 on the back.....

Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 09:36 PM

kingdad, I found the original post regarding the damaged Nitro you hold as the POSTER CHILD as a bash to Nitro and it appears that your spinning it to demonstrate that all Nitros are junk, by only posting parts of the thread. There are a lot of questions remaing and comments about warranties of all manufactures. The post is on Austin Bass Fishing if anyone is interested. Shame on you for not posting all of the thread.

Ran across this today, and that pic of the hull damage on a Nitro is old news. In fact on another board it was pulled by the owner after additional information came out. So not a good example.

I own a 2008 Z7, I bought it 3 years ago from a guy in Springfield, Missouri who gets them as a sponsorship from BPS. I gotta great deal.

I will say this, the quality on Nitro boats now makes mine look bad. Fit and finish in the bilge area is incredible on the new ones, mine is good, but wow what a change. I have a 175 Opti on mine and love the boat.

I am old enough to really appreciate what Ranger, Skeeter and others have done to grow the market. I check out new boats at the shows every year and cannot justify the money some want for a boat.

Mine will be 5 years old next year, I may upgrade to a 20' boat since I am not getting any younger, and it will more than likely be a Nitro.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/19/12 09:46 PM

Somebody, please tell kingd it ain't so.

Posted By: jumpnjohnfish

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 12:00 AM

With a quick search of Tracker Marine. This shows up on the first page
http://tracker-marine-group.pissedconsumer.com/

Makes you wonder.

I will aslo post some pics tomorrow of a Z-6 that delimaned with zero impact damage

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 01:25 AM

I read most of the complaints and my take on it was that the majoity was for two reasons...aluminum boats and poor service. I have already addressed the individual service department concern and agree that a compitinent service department is a key component of the buying experiance . Tracker has been the number one aluminum boat retailer for 35 years and when you sell that many boats your chance of failiure goes way up. My personal experiance with Tracker aluminum boats is related to warranty claims which are at an all time low. The more you sell the more complaints your going to get...a simple reality. This thread is about Nitro and I think that by all of the positive responses that it can be infered that Nitro has improved in all aspects while all the others are hanging on by monofiliment. I would like details on the z6 your refering to including the hull #.Thanks for contributing.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 01:27 AM

olges824, was that truck headed south because we are selling them like hotcakes and Hydrowaves. Tracker Marine Austin Tx. Gary Pender 512 250 9000.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 01:36 AM

If you search the internet, you can find just about anything....
www.ripoffreport.com/boat-dealers/ranger-boats-ranger/y

Hope this works, I've never tried to post a link to follow....

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 01:39 AM

Wow, this thing is still going 10 pages and 5000 views later. A few comments:

- Nobody here has quantified the quality difference of Nitro vs. other brands, just like nobody has quantified the quality difference of Kia vs. Honda. But that doesn't make them the same, and that also doesn't mean either the Kia or the Honda a better value. I personally think the new Nitros are a good boat, but we're not going to prove or disprove that on this thread. Pick what you want to go with and buy it.
- Gary...let it go. OF is right about one thing: you do owe JP for 10 pages of advertising. This is crazy. Yes, you sell Nitros. We get it. Let's all move on. This thread has turned from Gary talking about how good Nitros are to Gary bashing other brands and marveling at how expensive Ranger parts are. You seem like a nice guy, but you're not doing yourself any favors here with the continued posts.
- Everybody should take a note from Teddy Roosevelt: Do what you can with what you have where you are. Some of us can afford Nitros, some of us can afford the pricier boats, and some of us can only hit the used market. Be happy with what you've got and just enjoy being out on the water. These don't always have to turn into pi$$ing contests. We're talking about fishing...I repeat: fishing! It's a hobby. Just be glad you're fortunate enough to have and enjoy hobbies.
- last and certainly not least...Gary: very, very cool boats! I've got a 17' Triton that I'll trade for any of them. It'll hit 54 mph downwind on a cold morning with no gear and very little gas and it's really clean. Shoot me a PM and let me know which one I'm picking up when I get there! smile

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 01:49 AM

never said I knew all the details..
Originally Posted By: kingdad101
I don't know all the details but here is some of what happened,,

if you or anyone wants the thread just google 'WHY NOT TO BUY A NITRO BOAT'
I don't know who's forum its from ,thats why I don't post a link..

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 01:48 PM

Yes we all get it, Gary sells Nitros. And maybe he is getting some free advertising here. But what I don't get is why you Skeeter & Ranger guys are so heart set on him and this thread to go away? I wish there were some guys that sold Rangers & Skeeters on this thread providing actual information on their boats as Gary has done here. Yes he is bias, but he has given full disclosure to what he does. Therefore take it for what it is. But what I do know is things such as the Z7 story that Kdad had presented as a representation of Nitros quality turned out not to be the whole truth. I don't see y'all getting on him for being a Skeeter owner and misleading facts to represent his bias point of veiw. Gary has welcomed any questions as to problems with Nitro and has done his best to come back with answers from the way I see it.

I suppose if this thread went away some of you that seem to be struggling with how much you spent on your Skeeter and Ranger boats could feel more at ease with your monthly payments.

And sorry for making this such a long post but I feel obligated to give full disclosure myself before I am acused of conspiring with Gary for commission or whatever. I do own a Nitro Z8 and yes I am completely satisfied with it and what I paid for it. And if you search my posts It was one just like this that I had started that helped me make a decision on buying it. My point is that just because most of you already have made your decision and owned a boat doesn't mean that there isn't someone else out there you is still looking, and when you are dropping that kind of cash for something all and any info is great.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 02:36 PM

kingd, i think tcm68 could not have said it better and if you did not know all of the details you could have read the whole post before posting only the parts that appeared to validate your position...nice try. seemed a little like the current administration regarding transpairency, show them only what supports your point of view. I held back on what I knew about that DAMAGED NITRO just so this would come togather as it did. I don't sell Nitros but I do service them and I look at all of the other brands as well and the biggest differance is price. Nitro has listened to their customers and built a better boat while the others have retreated in quality and raised prices.

That said I welcome more facts regarding the quailty issue and what you get or don't get for the money.

Posted By: BassFever

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 03:07 PM

I love ALL boats. Currently I don't own one thanks to a divorce. I've read this entire thread several times. I agree with both sides for different reasons.

I think this post should be locked but not deleted. The poster asked a question and it was answered. Time to move on. This post will only go down hill from here.

Posted By: B&T Coondog

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 03:19 PM

I have read every entry of this thread and have come up with some conclusions.
#1. This sounds a lot like the Tebow arguements on ESPN and everwhere else. Is Nitro the Tim Tebow of the bass boating world? It seems it's either love or hate,feast or famine, and not much in the middle.
#2. Wherever we stand, or no matter where our loyalties lie; we owe a lot of credit to Ranger and Skeeter for historically bringing the modern bass boat design to where it is today.

I'm new to this forum and hope it's okay to say what I just said.
BTW, my next boat could very well be a Nitro because of the value. I'm not terribly concerned with resale 'cause it will probably be the last boat I buy, anyway.

Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 03:47 PM

I've owned a Skeeter in the past along with some other bass boats but I've had three Stratos since. I can't comment on the Nitro since I've never fished out of one. But just looking at the customer satisfaction polls over the years, Bass Cat is always number one followed by Ranger and Stratos. So if I could afford one it would be a Bass Cat, just my two cents.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BassFever
I love ALL boats. Currently I don't own one thanks to a divorce. I've read this entire thread several times. I agree with both sides for different reasons.

I think this post should be locked but not deleted. The poster asked a question and it was answered. Time to move on. This post will only go down hill from here.

Again I must ask why so eager to stop the thread? If you have gotten all you want out of then then move on and by all means quit reading it. I promise if you get involved in a topic that bores me I will not plead to the moderators to silence you. I will just exercise my right to not involve myself.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 05:00 PM

tcm68 makes a good case. WHY LOCK AN ONGOING THREAD? It will only go down hill if others allow it to with incomplete info.

Posted By: BassFever

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 06:33 PM

Because at some point it's doing more harm then good.

Posted By: Lani Ordone

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 10:07 PM

Gary,
I am a current Nitro owner, dealing with poor customer service and have just been denied warranty repair on my 2010 Nitro hull. You asked to hear from someone about a first person experience, i will tell you that mine has been terrible and I won't own another Nitro. If you would like one to cut in half as a display model, maybe you could get the factory to buy mine back for you to display. I assure you that a 3 year old hull will show a lot more of what Nitro quality is really all about. Sorry to bash, but your sales pitches are making me sick as I am dealing with the issues that so many other people have heard about second hand. If you would like details on my issues, I will be on Rayburn this weekend, and encourage you to come by and see first hand the quality of the boats you sell.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: tcm68
I don't see y'all getting on him for being a Skeeter owner

where the hell did you get I was a Skeeter owner..I have not owned a Skeeter or Ranger..
Gary, I didn't just post for my spin..I read the whole thread (WHY NOT TO BUY A NITRO BOAT) and I don't remember anyone else there bashing other boats,some had problems but the boat company took care of their problem... so what was I supposed to do,make stuff up, as seems to be your style..the point was the boat was not covered by the factory when a Fiberglass repair company said they SAW NO DAMAGE to the hull..

Re: Nitro boats - 03/20/12 11:17 PM

Lani Ordone, Houston, Tx. I would like to talk to you about your boat and see if I can help with the issues that your having. I will pm you my cell phone # if you would like to talk tonight. I would like the hull # of the boat and a history of your experience . If inclined you can post them and I'll see if I can help or we can talk on the phone.

This is a good reason why the post should stand and not be taken down/locked.

This may allow an opportunity to help a Nitro owner in need of help and demonstrate that my "SALES PITCHES" are not hollow.

kingd, you saying that I make stuff up is a simple manifistation of your imagination.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: tcm68
I don't see y'all getting on him for being a Skeeter owner

where the hell did you get I was a Skeeter owner..I have not owned a Skeeter or Ranger..
Gary, I didn't just post for my spin..I read the whole thread (WHY NOT TO BUY A NITRO BOAT) and I don't remember anyone else there bashing other boats,some had problems but the boat company took care of their problem... so what was I supposed to do,make stuff up, as seems to be your style..the point was the boat was not covered by the factory when a Fiberglass repair company said they SAW NO DAMAGE to the hull..

Kingdad really that's all you can find to pick apart my post? The fact that I guessed the wrong brand of boat you own is irrelevant to point that was contrasting your bias vs Gary's.

Lani, I feel for you if your having a legitimate problem. I suggest you do call Gary as he as offered. You can settle this whole thread by letting us know if Gary is a genuine as he claims. Sounds like a genuine offer to help if you ask me, which is more then any of the rest of us have done to contribute to this conversation.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 02:04 AM

Here is an update. I have spoken with Lani, and he has provided some hitory regarding his boat and has provided me the hull number and the engine number so that I can move forward in my attempt to help him. I look forward to this opportunity. In my conversation with him a common point came up, that being the individual service department is key to the overall customer experiance and preception of the boat and as I listened to his story I felt for him.

Lani, I'll call you in the AM as promised and thanks for the opportunity.

Posted By: Bryan Pauley

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 02:21 AM

Gary does nitro do the cut outs like the skeeters and ranger? im in the middle also ... as you see i decided to buy a used boat and take a chance...but in the next couple of years i will be buying a new one...i have always liked the skeeter and ranger boats..but i was at bass pro the other day and crawled through around and in a z8 .... as far as i could tell they are first class.. but i would like to see the cut outs like they do on the rangers and skeeter.
thanks

Posted By: Team Brown Stripe

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 03:05 AM

Used boats are many times the best way to go! That looks like a Dyna Trak in your sig is that the boat?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 03:17 AM

Quote:
Kingdad really that's all you can find to pick apart my post?

not really trying to "pick apart", or even much care about your post..But when you post a lie I will call you out on it..

Posted By: NverGiveUp

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 03:35 AM

Can all of you agree to disagree!!!!! Crazy that this thread is going on 12 pages soon is unreal!!! Yes Skeeter and Ranger are the number 1 and 2 in the industry, but as a sales man of Bass Boats in these hard economic times if someone can't afford a 50K plus boat then Nitro will catch you just as many fish as the Skeeter and Ranger will!!!! Being on the lake is key and hopefully this thread will come to an end very shortly!!!!!

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 11:59 AM

Keep us posted

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 01:10 PM

after all of this we have learned nothing just go fishing an enjoy life everybody that is building boats today build quality boats buy what you want if anybody ever tells you that a bass boat is good investment to make money its not true.

Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 01:19 PM

BOAT= Break.out.another.thousand

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 02:09 PM

Lani, call me when you can .I've got some info and I left a message on your vm. Also got the documentaion regarding the gear case failure from Merc. that supports your conversation with me last night.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 04:04 PM

Quote:
Kingdad really that's all you can find to pick apart my post?

not really trying to "pick apart", or even much care about your post..But when you post a lie I will call you out on it..

A lie????? No what I posted was may have been a wrong assumptiion as to the brand boat you owened(an irrelevant point to my post intent by the way). What you posted was an intentional "Lie" about the Nitro boat where you covieniently left out info that did not support your your biased view point of just trying to bash Nitro boats. So consider yourself called out. And please accept my appologies for my wrong assumption about your boat. I yield the last word to you as I am done with this particular point.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/21/12 05:12 PM

I think kingd has shown who he is with regard to this post and I'm going to ignor anything he says thats no backed up with facts which includes here say.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/22/12 07:15 PM

Update: Tracker warranty has asked me to look at the boat and get an estimate for repair of the customers concerns. The boat was a Pro Staff boat and has seen a lot of use but contrary to some of your beleifs Tracker will work with customers evan when the boat is out of warranty. Gary Pender 512 250 9000 Tracker Austin Texas. Lani and I are going to meet next week to look at the boat.

Come on kingd, give it to me.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/22/12 08:18 PM

As you can see, warranty issuses depends on the quality of service from your dealer. Gary is more than willing to help out someone who didn't even purchase their boat from his dealership. Thats what I'd call a standup individual willing to help.
With any boat maker, you could end up with warranty problems when you are the 2nd, 3rd or greater owner, that's why you need to check out the small print in any warranty before you purchase.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/22/12 09:55 PM

Gary,
My boat was a pro-staff, warranty replaced hull. I am the second owner of this boat, but the hull had never seen the water until I test drove it. My hull is under full warranty as I am the second owner, and full warranty was transferred at the time I purchased it. Please know that every hour that this hull has spent on the water has been under my ownership, not the pro who sold it to me.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/22/12 10:18 PM

I shouldn't have said full warranty. The limited, 5 year warranty was transferred over to me.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/23/12 12:01 AM

Lani, sorry for the wrong info regarding the warranty but we are not going to let that stop us from moving forward. We have made headway regarding your situation and I think thats whats important.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/23/12 01:12 AM

Here is a pic of the Skeeter I bought and gave the details in an earlier post. I know this is about Nitro but I had posted about the boat so thought I would share a pic.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/23/12 01:17 AM

Nice.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/23/12 01:26 AM

Congrat's...nice rig...

Re: Nitro boats - 03/23/12 10:44 PM

Ranger quality, what do you get for the $. $700.00 in parts just to get it to run. The parts to get it to run were just the key pad. Pay more up front and pay more to keep it running. GO FIGURE.

WHERE IS THE KING D
2007Ranger z22, hyper expensive boat, low time , well cared for, $700.00 in parts for the dash touch pad just to get it to run.Please.Where is the dealer support? Sort of changes the saying you get what you pay for.

/

Re: Nitro boats - 03/24/12 04:34 PM

Read the post about the local Ranger dealer and I think it proves my point that a customers perception about a boat is more about the dealer.TRACKER MARINE Gary Pender 512 250 9000

Posted By: _86_

Re: Nitro boats - 03/25/12 04:04 AM

Want me to solve the debate? You're all stupid for buying bass boats in the first place.

Posted By: fishonmyline

Re: Nitro boats - 03/25/12 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: _86_
Want me to solve the debate? You're all stupid for buying bass boats in the first place.

Agreed

Re: Nitro boats - 03/25/12 01:22 PM

Ranger quality, what do you get for the $. $700.00 in parts just to get it to run. The parts to get it to run were just the key pad. Pay more up front and pay more to keep it running. GO FIGURE.

WHERE IS THE KING D
2007Ranger z22, hyper expensive boat, low time , well cared for, $700.00 in parts for the dash touch pad just to get it to run.Please.Where is the dealer support? Sort of changes the saying you get what you pay for.

/
That's one thing I would avoid like the plaque, a boat with any kind of touch screen/touch operable electronics. I have worked around a lot of equipment in my career that uses this technology. No matter how much the mfg's. claim these switches and panels are water proof if you expose them to moisture in any form or fashion regularly eventually they will fail. You can improve your odds by storing your rig indoors and when you are cleaning avoid getting water anywhere near these panels and never; I mean never, high pressure wash one of these panels or any kind of marine electronics...Believe me my wallet knows this to be true.....

Re: Nitro boats - 03/26/12 09:30 PM

I agree. Ranger indicated that when replacing the touch pad the module should be replaced also due to a running manufacture change. The module potentialy is not compatable. Customers boat is ready and running great but between the parts a a couple of hours labor he took a hit.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/27/12 04:40 AM

Is this thread about the best dealer service after the sale or about the best quality built boat? Warrenty service is surely important. The same manufactured boat bought at different dealers will surely give us different feedback.Do your homework. That being said about service if you can have a top of the line Nitro ,top of line Skeeter or top of the line Ranger for free ( that's right for free and be honest with yourself) which boat would you take. Dollars are not in the equation.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/27/12 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Igot1
Is this thread about the best dealer service after the sale or about the best quality built boat? Warrenty service is surely important. The same manufactured boat bought at different dealers will surely give us different feedback.Do your homework. That being said about service if you can have a top of the line Nitro ,top of line Skeeter or top of the line Ranger for free ( that's right for free and be honest with yourself) which boat would you take. Dollars are not in the equation.

Well isn't that convenient, Certainly when the whole debate is based on quality vs the "Dollars" paid for it. And since I don't forsee ever being offered one of these boats for free. I'll have to stick to the reality of, "is it worth 20K more for a comparable Ranger??? "

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 01:28 AM

Good point, and I think the ansewer is clear. The present value of $20K is huge. For instance, If $20K were put in a Vanguard investment 10 years ago ,a ...REIT for example it would be worth nearly $48k today. Check it out and keep your money working for you.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 01:31 AM

Good point, and I think the ansewer is clear. The present value of $20K is huge. For instance, If $20K were put in a Vanguard investment 10 years ago ,a ...REIT for example it would be worth nearly $48k today. Check it out and keep your money working for you.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 02:35 AM

Where did $20K difference come from. Is that set in stone somewhere? It seems we are using that number freely to determine difference between all purchases of Nitro and Skeeter or Ranger.

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 03:28 AM

You know what else is huge? The value of a Ranger boat compared to a Nitro.

A Vanguard investment? Is that seriously the route we've gone to justify a Nitro? The current value of money? If you'd put $20k in Apple 10 years ago, you'd have roughly $1.1M right now. But nobody did because nobody can see the future. If you'd bought stock in Enron 10 years ago, you'd have nothing right now.

I started working in the real world 5 years ago, and my 401k is worth less than the sum total of what I've put in it, mostly because of my inability to see the future. So I guess I'd have been better off buying a Ranger?

I've tried to play nice on this thread, mostly because I honestly have nothing against Nitro boats. I really think the new ones are probably built pretty well. But the more bad arguments and continual advertising and brand-bashing that Gary puts out there, the more ridiculous this gets. Trying to make the "current value of money" argument in the worst economy since the great depression? Come on...

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 04:53 AM

Has to try something to try and make nitro's look better. grin

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 07:47 AM

Gary, you work for tracker and praise the greatness of Nitro & how they are far superior to other boats.

DO YOU EVEN OWN A NITRO?

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 11:32 AM

you are pretty funny. Must be nice to toss money away like it has no value. If the $20k were put in a Vangurd REIT Admiral investors shares account in 2002 it would be now worth $55k now, in spite of a poor market for the last 4 years. This could by a new z9. Go figure.

Posted By: HOU Razorback

Re: Nitro boats - 03/28/12 02:39 PM

All I can say is, I had a 01 Nitro 896 with a 200HP Merc. Decent boat, but it didn't hold up and the service was terrible when I had problems.

I paid about the same for the Ranger in my sig in 2006. It's been a fantastic boat.

I do truly believe the newer Nitros are much better than Nitros past, mainly because they are in the spotlight now. However, once you add all the stuff you can get on Ranger/Skeeter, the "value" of a Nitro disappears from those "super prices". Heck, the trailer on the smallest Rangers has road armour coating, aluminum rims, and fiberglass fenders. The Nitro is not. The Ranger boat is just finished better to me.

Re: Nitro boats - 06/04/12 04:08 PM

Wanted to update on my boat. First off, I want to thank Gary, and his GM Jim DeGroat for all of their help with my issues. Without them, I feel like nothing would have been done. I brought my boat over to Austin to have them look at it. Keep in mind that I did not buy my boat from them, but they made me feel like a customer who had bought 10 boats from them. As relentless as Gary is about promoting the Nitro/Tracker brand, he is 10 times as adamant about customer service, and I am very grateful for his help and attentiveness to my boat problems.

As for my boat, the factory had Gary refer me back to a local dealer to have my boat sent back to the factory. I left the boat with the local dealer on April 18th. I heard back from the dealer on May 17th that he had gotten an email from the factory saying that my boat would be ready to ship back in 2 weeks. The dealer was unsure if the boat was being repaired or replaced, and couldn't provide any details of what was being done. I don't want to comment much on my local dealer, or the customer service level from the factory unitl I get my boat back. I will update when I get my boat back.

Re: Nitro boats - 06/04/12 07:34 PM

Lani,thanks for the kind words from all of us At Tracker . Keep us posted and as always if I can ever help don't hesitate to call.

Tracker Marine austin , Tx. 512 250 9000.

Gary Pender

Re: Nitro boats - 06/05/12 02:23 AM

Wow .....haven't seen this one in a while. I thought folks had let this dog go to sleep.....didn't think I'd ever see it again....

Re: Nitro boats - 06/05/12 03:17 AM

looks like they would eventually find some other boat brand to whine about some of the folks get on here an bash nitro to make themselves feel better about the 15k they have invested in thier rigs.

Posted By: militarybrat

Re: Nitro boats - 06/05/12 04:42 AM

Always wanted a Ranger but bought a Skeeter go figure would have no problen buying a Nitro either.

Posted By: militarybrat

Re: Nitro boats - 06/05/12 05:13 AM

I do have a Skeeter horror story also mine was purchased new and had to be replaced under warrenty. 1st one spent more time in the shop than it did on the water. The 3rd time I made them replace it. They then replaced it with a lesser model and decaled it a ZX when the ident plate read SS fraud for sure but after talking to VP in charge of sales and a conference call. VP was pizzed to say the least. Skeeter made it right by custom building a 50th anniversary ZX 180 only one I know of. Boat has been bullet proof needs a face lift but hey it's old.

Re: Nitro boats - 06/05/12 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: militarybrat
I do have a Skeeter horror story also mine was purchased new and had to be replaced under warrenty. 1st one spent more time in the shop than it did on the water. The 3rd time I made them replace it. They then replaced it with a lesser model and decaled it a ZX when the ident plate read SS fraud for sure but after talking to VP in charge of sales and a conference call. VP was pizzed to say the least. Skeeter made it right by custom building a 50th anniversary ZX 180 only one I know of. Boat has been bullet proof needs a face lift but hey it's old.
50th Anniversary Skeeter.......now that would be a cool boat to own..........

Posted By: Nitrodriver

Re: Nitro boats - 06/05/12 04:56 PM

People, I for one am on my third Nitro an 07 929 DC with a Merc. 225 ProXS and the next boat I buy will be a NITRO. The only time it has been in a shop is for annual motor inspections/maint. to maintain warranty. I fish 2-4 times per week but I take care of my equipment. When not on the water it is garage kept and cleaned. The batteries were replaced last year. Use one day in and day out for a while and then you can talk! My first nitro was a 1989 bought used and it wasn't the greatest on fit and finish but it was solid, safe, excellent fishing platform. I've bought 2 new ones since. I have had skeeters, cajuns, and a ranger in the past. I prefer the Nitro! I am not a pro-staffer just a satisfied owner.

Re: Nitro boats - 06/06/12 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Nitrodriver
People, I for one am on my third Nitro an 07 929 DC with a Merc. 225 ProXS and the next boat I buy will be a NITRO. The only time it has been in a shop is for annual motor inspections/maint. to maintain warranty. I fish 2-4 times per week but I take care of my equipment. When not on the water it is garage kept and cleaned. The batteries were replaced last year. Use one day in and day out for a while and then you can talk! My first nitro was a 1989 bought used and it wasn't the greatest on fit and finish but it was solid, safe, excellent fishing platform. I've bought 2 new ones since. I have had skeeters, cajuns, and a ranger in the past. I prefer the Nitro! I am not a pro-staffer just a satisfied owner.
Folks no matter what brand of boat you "roll" in this is the way you do it..........Like I said before many times "your wallet will love you for it".......

Posted By: Z-8

Re: Nitro boats - 06/06/12 04:47 PM

I had a 06' 519vx ranger and I now own a nitro. My ranger had major problem with backwash coming nearly to the seats, I had 3 wheel hub burn up leaving me stranded, the axel welds broke and the axel came the F OFF. Also all the screws under the bumper guard constantly came loose then started twisting and breaking off, the seats had to be replaced under warranty because they ripped all over the seams. I had cracks in the corners were the cooler/ step is mounted in the deck. Wow now that's quality! My nitro is now 2 years old and the motor has over 300 hours with no problems plus ranger pulled their contingency 1 week prior to me winning the $5000 contingency so they sent us jackets. So rangers not that great. Not to mention in a few years all your box lids will crack and if your not the original owner your screwed. Just saying know who your defending before you start! I'll race my nitro against your ranger any day of the week and when I beat you I'll stop and fish off my front deck that's larger than yours.

Posted By: Z-8

Re: Nitro boats - 06/06/12 04:50 PM

Theres no perfect boat I say just pick the one you like and go with it.

Re: Nitro boats - 06/06/12 07:10 PM

I like Nitro's too, but I think all of you know that.......

Posted By: Cowboyway

Re: Nitro boats - 06/06/12 11:54 PM

I love this thread. It's like a 42 car wreck on the freeway, I just can't help but to look at it.

Re: Nitro boats - 06/15/12 06:34 PM

Make it 43.

Posted By: jacjac171

Re: Nitro boats - 06/15/12 08:35 PM

Awesome, way to go Gary!

To the op- way to go and got her done!!

Re: Nitro boats - 06/16/12 12:44 AM

I've been critical of Nitro boats because of the lack of construction information but I still like them. If I were to buy a new rig based on my budget I'd be rolling a Z6 or a Z7 and if I didn't buy a Nitro prolly a Skeeter TZX190. My deal is I want all the goodies to take a rig to pro level tourney fishing. You can throw another $10k into one of these boats pretty quick doing that. When I really get serious about this I'd love to find a used pro's rig with all this already installed, bet I could save some major bucks. It would be cool to hit the water in one of KVD's rigs......

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum