Texas Fishing Forum

Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up

Posted By: naterj

Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/09/11 09:30 PM

Last weekend I was trimming my motor up just sitting in the driveway, typical routine check-up on things. When I pressed the trim up, it made a very "thin" "tinny" noise, not a normal noise and didn't trim up for a few seconds. After a few seconds, it seemed to "grab" and the motor trimmed up, but still made more a "gurgling" noise than normal. When I trimmed it back down, it worked fine and didn't make any odd noises. Any ideas? Low on fluid? Some kind of seal problem? Again, it always trims up, it just seems to struggle for a second or two before finally moving the motor upward. Seems like it could be the beginning of a larger issue if I don't figure it out now. Not real confident about getting on the water with it until I know what's going on. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted By: crankbait 1

Re: Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/09/11 10:22 PM

Sounds like you need to bleed air out and add fluid. The gurgling noise is trapped air when it's under load coming up going down is easy. Bleeding the air out is pretty simple. If you need information on what to do let me know.

Posted By: Mike Halfmann the boatmann

Re: Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/09/11 11:41 PM

+1

Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/10/11 12:48 AM

also check to see if the shaft where it hits the frame has some lube on it..sometimes when its dry and nasty, it sticks..

Posted By: naterj

Re: Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/10/11 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: crankbait 1
Sounds like you need to bleed air out and add fluid. The gurgling noise is trapped air when it's under load coming up going down is easy. Bleeding the air out is pretty simple. If you need information on what to do let me know.

Ok, thanks so much for your quick reply. Since I haven't had to do that before, do you mind giving me some information on how to go about it? I would much appreciate it.

Posted By: crankbait 1

Re: Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/10/11 01:26 PM

Naterj you have a PM.

Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Trim Making Strange Noise While Trimming Up - 11/10/11 01:28 PM

Most trim systems are self bleeding. Run trim up untill it stops a couple of times. Some makes require disconnecting the limit switch.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum