Texas Fishing Forum

HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM...

Posted By: TexasBred

HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM... - 06/15/11 04:34 PM

I dropped aluminum air breather onto celinoid of 2000 5.7L Alpha Mercruiser and shorted out my electrical system, When I turn on the ignition, I get absolutely nothin! The instruments don't work, the starter does not engage, I have ZILCH. I replaced celinoid-nothing. I direct wired battery to starter (removed fuse)-nothing. I had circuit breaker (reset switch) checked-it was good. The battery is charged and good (I can run the motor tilt). No one has time to work on my boat even if I can manage to get it towed to boat ramp (boat is in boat slip right now). What do I do now? I have gueats coming for July 4th and I need this boat to run! Please, TFF experts, stand by me!!
Posted By: RANGER SKI

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM... - 06/15/11 07:51 PM

probably the 90 amp fuse on the starter. it is a square looking object but is is a 90 amp fuse goes to the solinoid that is attached to starter
Posted By: limit 5

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM... - 06/16/11 08:05 PM

RANGER SKI IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK,90 AMP FUSE LINK AT STARTER.
Posted By: TexasBred

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM... - 06/17/11 11:45 PM

As I stated, I removed fuse from starter and connected direct to starter, still nothing...
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM... - 06/18/11 03:31 AM

sounds like there is another fuse link somewhere probably burned. A fuse link will look like a reular black wire but the insulation will feel different. The wire inside will burn into like a fuse. My apologies if you already knew this.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! MERCRUISER ELECTRICAL SYSTEM... - 06/18/11 03:33 AM

also check to see if your motor is grounded.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum