Texas Fishing Forum

Fiberglass Protectant/Wax

Posted By: JCaudle

Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 04:38 AM

What's the best Protectant/Polish/Wax to use? I have looked at severl Marine stores. Too many to count. Any experience, good or bad?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 04:42 AM

I just bought some BTS and really liked the shine. Before I was using carnuba wax..

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 04:42 AM

What's BTS?

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 04:44 AM

Bow to Stern.

http://www.btsproducts.com/

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 04:45 AM

BTS is much easier to apply. I actually used some on one of our cars. Of course, after testing a small area.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 01:37 PM

3m marine polish and wax, carnuba with cleaners in it, I use it on my 82 champion and it looks like new after a waxing.
this stuff lasts and lasts and has uv inhibitors in it, 2 or 3 waxes a summer and the other times a wipe down after use.
wally world or academy carry it for about 10$, white squeeze bottle.
Posted By: Chuck H.

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 08:15 PM

I think you would be very pleased with BTS. It is an all surface protectant and can be used on practically everything in your boat. It will clean the dirt out of the pores of your gelcoat, seats, etc. and put a polymer sealant over it. You need to apply 2-3 coats to begin with and then put a coat on every month or so depending on the condition of your boat. I've yet to hear of anyone using it that didn't love it.
Posted By: snmcc

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 11:00 PM

If it were not like 8.50 to ship I would get it. Is there a local or lower shipping store that sells BTS?
Posted By: KO Bass Attack

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/14/09 11:50 PM

I like the star brite teflon in the gold and black bottle I get it at acadamy. It ain't cheap but neither was my boat. I use BassBoat saver after every 2or3 times out.
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 07/16/09 12:33 AM

Tacklewarehouse.com sells bts and they've got that $50+ order/free shipping deal.

BTS Works!!! - 08/05/09 01:14 PM

Thanks for the great advice. Bought some BTS, just put on the first coat. My boat is only 11 months old. It looks better now that it did the day I brought it home.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: BTS Works!!! - 08/05/09 02:11 PM

after the 3d coat, it looks very good- and all the grime wipes off with a damp towel smile
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Fiberglass Protectant/Wax - 08/05/09 08:34 PM

+1 Love BTS.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum