Texas Fishing Forum

What to do?

Posted By: huntnfishtx

What to do? - 05/28/08 02:57 PM

Ok... should I spend $3k and buy a 14-16ft jon boat with an outboard or should I put that $3k toward a downpayment on a used 17.5' bass boat?

Thoughts and why?
fish

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: What to do? - 05/28/08 03:02 PM

I think you should buy this........

Posted By: huntnfishtx

Re: What to do? - 05/28/08 03:05 PM

flehan I think I should to flehan
Posted By: 2-stroke

Re: What to do? - 05/28/08 03:06 PM

Kinda depends on how much money that is to you right now - if a boat payment fits your budget with no worries, get yourself a nice big boat.

Myself, what I'd do is, take the $3 thousand and spend it on a used bass boat. Because I don't want or need another loan payment. And because I just want to go fishing - looking good isn't all that important to me. And because repairs & improvements to boat & motor are just part of the fun. And less expensive than a boat payment. And always done on time.

I guess life is full of trade-offs.
Posted By: OldFrog

Re: What to do? - 05/28/08 03:19 PM

It depends if the jon boat is going to meet your needs a year from now. Will you want more storage later? Can you lock up your rods in it , leave it in the parking lot and go eat breakfast or lunch?

On the other hand, do you want a boat note ? If so....why not get a new bass boat? Longer financing, lower interest, same note.

Resale ? If it says Skeeter or Ranger on it, it will sell, later.
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: What to do? - 05/28/08 04:17 PM

or you could buy this one. it's only 13,500

Posted By: Cast Net

Re: What to do? - 05/28/08 04:44 PM

or this

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/696224940.html

or this

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/649226500.html

I'm partial to Robalos. I have one just like the second one but with Mercs. When I'm on Texoma, I never have to worry about weather conditions short of a tornado. There are a lot of choices out there. If you don't know your way around boats then spend the money to have it surveyed by someone that does. Doesn't matter how good the price is if it is going to fall apart.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum