Texas Fishing Forum

72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener

Posted By: blind squirrel

72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener - 05/27/08 08:38 PM

where can you get fiberglass whole sale in metro plex trying to stiffen floor in 72 skeeter hawk before skeeters owner tournament on fork the 21 and 22 june any help would be appreciated
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: 72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener - 05/27/08 08:47 PM

Why not call North Texas Fiberglass and ask them if they can sell you some????
Posted By: 2-stroke

Re: 72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener - 05/27/08 08:53 PM

You planning to apply fiberglass to a rotten floor? Ever done this before?
Posted By: rb7764

Re: 72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener - 05/27/08 11:48 PM

squirrel, if the floor is rotten, why put good money on top of bad wood? I know you don't want to hear this, but putting fiberglass on top of a bad floor is not a good idea.
Posted By: blind squirrel

Re: 72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener - 05/28/08 12:11 AM

yea its a cheap project mostly for small water/ i got one like it already did it to stiffened it up then put plywood over it //been 5 years still fishing good / floor feels a little mussy thats why i bought the skeeter to take the other ones place eventually when finished// i still have my 96 champion that north texas fixed a while back /this boat i leave at the private lake with gas being sooo redeculious mostly trolling motor around/i just wanted to fish the skeeter tourrament pretty bad though
Posted By: PGR Mike

Re: 72 skeeter hawk needs a gallon of fiberglass for floor stiffener - 05/29/08 01:24 AM

Take a 3-4 extra hours and pull that old floor out. It will be a much better build later on anyway.

Call me if you need some pointers!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum